I know some of you canes fans won't agree

Advertisement
Randy Shannon defensive line coach. Mark richt can win over the Administration

For coaching purposes, I could see him (Randy Shannon) doing a really good job here, with Mark Richt and Manny Diaz!! I'm not sure about him coaching the DL group thou, but definitely LBs and he would be a nice addition to Miami's defensive staff "the man knows DEFENSE"..

NO! Randy destroyed many a relation with the high school coaches when he was here. Also was very lazy on the recruiting trail.

Randy Shannon defensive line coach. Mark richt can win over the Administration

You need to leave this website and never come back.

Your "tell" was addressing us as "some of you Canes fans".

Just get out. You are clearly a rival troll.

WTF has happened to this place over the last year or two?

It's a ******* outhouse around here these days.

Advertisement
Shannon and goldens problem was and will always be they could not develope the players they had or used schemes that didn't fit the style of athletes we had.instead of getting better their players often regressed the following year.
To play devil's advocate, I don't think Shannon had a huge problem developing talent like Golden did. I think Randy's problem more than anything was his insistence on playing the same scheme over and over and being too vanilla.

In retrospect it's clear that Randy kept it simple mostly because he had nothing else in his playbook. That being said, I do think he was a good coordinator and I would venture to guess that the last 7 years have been great for him in terms of his development as a coach. It is clear that Shannon wanted to improve and learn as much as he could after his firing by UM. I am actually quite interested to see how he does at USF and how much his ability and style as a DC has grown and/or changed.

Advertisement
Back