I know it’s early but…

Canesfan_134

Sophomore
I know it’s early but this is looking to turn out to be a disaster of a year recruiting locally. 3 of our top priority targets are currently committed elsewhere and I expect this list to grow… What is going on???

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy
(Central - Florida State)

Advertisement
I know it’s early but this is looking to turn out to be a disaster of a year recruiting locally. 3 of our top priority targets are currently committed elsewhere and I expect this list to grow… What is going on???

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy

Text Street GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
What is going on, is what has always gone on...

South FL 5-stars don’t give AF about the Hurricanes.

I think Cristobal made a big mistake at WR coach. Should have made it impossible for Hankerson to say no. If he had to overpay, then overpay. Gut feeling is that Hankerson could have been a recruiter on the level of Brian Hartline and landed those elite 5 star WRs because he has the credibility of being a good NFL WR coach for a team with a dynamic offense. Don't think Beard is going to have much of a recruiting impact.

Advertisement
I think Cristobal made a big mistake at WR coach. Should have made it impossible for Hankerson to say no. If he had to overpay, then overpay. Gut feeling is that Hankerson could have been a recruiter on the level of Brian Hartline and landed those elite 5 star WRs because he has the credibility of being a good NFL WR coach for a team with a dynamic offense. Don't think Beard is going to have much of a recruiting impact.
As long as Dawson is anything close to what he was at Houston then it won’t make a difference.

The real mistake, over-dependency on South FL for WR’s; if the staff shifts their focus nationally like they’ve done for OL/DL then they’ll have similar success at WR & DB recruiting.

Too much time, effort & resources gets wasted on local high ranked kids who aren’t interested & aren’t buying what’s being sold; put that same energy into National kids & it will pay dividends.

As long as Dawson is anything close to what he was at Houston then it won’t make a difference.

The real mistake, over-dependency on South FL for WR’s; if the staff shifts their focus nationally like they’ve done for OL/DL then they’ll have similar success at WR & DB recruiting.

Too much time, effort & resources gets wasted on local high ranked kids who aren’t interested & aren’t buying what’s being sold; put that same energy into National kids & it will pay dividends.
EL all the coaches we have hired fall for this same mistake it’s insanity smh

Advertisement

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy
Lmfao I'm critical af of this staff but the 1 thing I am confident about is that Mario can recruit.

Advertisement
Back