I know it’s early but…

Really , we have killed ourselves over Coker, Shannon, Golden, etc on recruiting and the same **** comes up every April… your already dead.So go away until you realize it’s always the Same ****. We do survive …

Advertisement
I'm so glad I don't know most of you in reallife.

Have I done it correctly? @IndayArtHauz
B063B258-DF17-4033-AE76-2DAD5602AB08.jpeg

I think Cristobal made a big mistake at WR coach. Should have made it impossible for Hankerson to say no. If he had to overpay, then overpay. Gut feeling is that Hankerson could have been a recruiter on the level of Brian Hartline and landed those elite 5 star WRs because he has the credibility of being a good NFL WR coach for a team with a dynamic offense. Don't think Beard is going to have much of a recruiting impact.
Ridiculous comment. Hartline has been successful because THE OSU OFFENSE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL. The ball is in Dawson's court, if he can demonstrate that the UM offense is effective, can put up points, and produces WR's and TE's with interesting and impressive stats, then we are headed in the right direction and WR commits will follow. Beard is an excellent coach and will be an excellent recruiter if the OFFENSE ON THE FIELD is productive.

I think Cristobal made a big mistake at WR coach. Should have made it impossible for Hankerson to say no. If he had to overpay, then overpay. Gut feeling is that Hankerson could have been a recruiter on the level of Brian Hartline and landed those elite 5 star WRs because he has the credibility of being a good NFL WR coach for a team with a dynamic offense. Don't think Beard is going to have much of a recruiting impact.
This is based solely on gut as you say given that Hartline had no experience whatsoever in the NFL or anywhere and yet he's kicking ***. But he wouldn't be kicking *** at Northwestern, lets say. He's at a great school that produces NFL players every year. We've been horse**** for 20 years and everyone thinks 5 stars should have some blind loyalty with their career to a school that has produced maybe one first round WR in that time......who would do that? This changes when we produce on field for a few years, not one bowl game win in two decades.

Conversely the OL have faith in Mario cause of the position he played and the players he's produced. We got no track record at WR. These kids don't remember all the badasses that went to the NFL from here at WR, which sucks.

I know it’s early but this is looking to turn out to be a disaster of a year recruiting locally. 3 of our top priority targets are currently committed elsewhere and I expect this list to grow… What is going on???

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy
(Central - Florida State)
It's April...calm down and check back later in the year

Advertisement
Lmfao I'm critical af of this staff but the 1 thing I am confident about is that Mario can recruit.

You'll be fine.

After a short R&R overseas, we had a half dozen return with the Clap. Ten days later after lots of anguish of their own (medics PUNISHED them with their necessary injections) via just a bit of treatment - they were back to normal.

This too, this anxiety - will pass.

Even if it's like a dog passing a peach pit.

EL all the coaches we have hired fall for this same mistake it’s insanity smh
It’s a lose-lose situation. You ignore them, the schools blacklists you. You recruit them, they play games.

Beard has ties down here, let him shoot his shot. But the difference is, you have to know when you’re fighting a lost cause. Probably won’t know that til the season starts, but he better have Plan B’s ready to go.

I know it’s early but this is looking to turn out to be a disaster of a year recruiting locally. 3 of our top priority targets are currently committed elsewhere and I expect this list to grow… What is going on???

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

It's frustrating when posters that don't follow recruiting post.

Advertisement
Ridiculous comment. Hartline has been successful because THE OSU OFFENSE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL. The ball is in Dawson's court, if he can demonstrate that the UM offense is effective, can put up points, and produces WR's and TE's with interesting and impressive stats, then we are headed in the right direction and WR commits will follow. Beard is an excellent coach and will be an excellent recruiter if the OFFENSE ON THE FIELD is productive.

But most every coach can probably be an excellent recruiter if the offense is finishing in the elite tier every year. So what?

Mario’s biggest selling point is his ability to recruit. If we have to light teams up before he can actually win battle for an elite WR prospect, when the need/playing team sell is probably better than any team in the country right now, then we got hoodwinked when we hired him.

win and everything takes care of itself

Really , we have killed ourselves over Coker, Shannon, Golden, etc on recruiting and the same **** comes up every April… your already dead.So go away until you realize it’s always the Same ****. We do survive …
Except at this point in the latter part of Golden’s tenure he would already have 12-15 commitments.

The problem was getting them to stick

Advertisement
I think people assumed that McCoy was a take this early. That’s not how Mario operates. I’m sure he’s on the board but I don‘t think he’s higher than 7-8.

Id rather be slow and sure they are coming , plus actually make sure they are good player instead at this time worrying about numbers when we now sign them in the early weeks in December. We will be fine…

Advertisement
As long as Dawson is anything close to what he was at Houston then it won’t make a difference.

The real mistake, over-dependency on South FL for WR’s; if the staff shifts their focus nationally like they’ve done for OL/DL then they’ll have similar success at WR & DB recruiting.

Too much time, effort & resources gets wasted on local high ranked kids who aren’t interested & aren’t buying what’s being sold; put that same energy into National kids & it will pay dividends.
I liked the aggressiveness we saw last year with OOS WRs

We just didn’t have anything to sell them. I think that will change

There will be a thousand awful takes in this thread but your two posts are absolutely spot on and it should just be tacked to the board for the next 25 years

5* WR Jeremiah Smith
(Chaminade - Ohio State)

5* LB TJ Capers
(Columbus - Louisville)

4* WR Lawayne McCoy
1681496608163.gif

Advertisement
Back