I know, I know another Dalvin Cook thread

Give em Chad Thomas as the best and most impactful player in south Florida. Elite pass rushers are hard to find, good rb's aren't.

Advertisement
There is a rather large segment of our fan base that strikes me as the type to still harp over their ex girlfriend after she dumped them.

Dalvin Cook is a Miami area athlete with a Miami scholarship offer, with teammates going to the school, with a brother that goes to the school. Everything is lined up for him to be a Hurricane.

He CHOSE the Florida Gators over the Miami Hurricanes. Move on, folks.

This times 1 gazillion.

+reps for infinity

I wish Arkansas had this mentality. Alex Collins would be a Cane. You stay on the most talented prospects no matter what. You may not flip them, but you go down swinging

I'm all for the coaching staff continuing to recruit Cook. I'm talking about the fan base,as a collective. The players that don't want to be Hurricanes don't deserve weekly updates on this board. It serves no good. We're all aware of how talented he is.

It's my understanding that a local five star runningback from out here in the San Francisco east bay named Joe Mixon is going to commit to ufelony within the next month or so. I got a few texts from friends saying that he does the gator chomp after scoring TDs.

If Cook is going to uf because he believes that he will walk in be handed the starting spot, Im wondering if this would be a factor for him. Random thought.

Joe Mixon scout profile: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6316582

Mixon is a taller version of Cook and maybe a better rb. Trust if he was in Florida we'd be drooling over him too so this is a guy that is intimidating

I think Mixon is the #2 RB just behind Fournette. ****, **** good but I heard that in the end it will be Cal for him.

Allow me to qualify my statement above: He did the gator chomp a few times in one game, the day before the UM-uf game last week. I dont know if he was doing that just because of the Canes-gators game or what. (he was playing against my kids old HS).

Also- I notice he has a UM offer. I know of a minor connection to our staff. Ron Rivers took the head coaching job at Freedom high (Mixon's skool) this year. He was a runningback at Fresno State when Jethro Franklin was a grad assistant. A stretch but...

Somebody should tell Hurlie Brown that Cook is a Gator. He didn't get the memo.

Cook isn't a Gator until he signs, just like Joe Yearby wasn't a Nole. We will continue to recruit the **** out of Cook because he is the best player in South Florida.
You mean other than bad mouthing UM at the Florida game as has been reported ? Sure he's flipping.

Source? our fans like to make a lot of things up.
Not making crap up. I don't get off on that, maybe you do.
Only talking about what I read,you can dismiss it if you want, but what I read on a few different places was that he was talking smack during the game, which btw I totally get and doesn't bother me, but to the point that even one of his fellow commits there told him to pipe it down a notch. Supposedly he didn't stay after to meet coaches as well, and then talked about how he blew it off to a gator site reporter.

dont want to put faith in it fine. Um still recruiting him, fine. But lets not act like he is just committed somewhere else, vs someone committed elsewhere, showing no outward intention of being flip able, and perhaps demonstrating disrespect beyond reason. Hey I'll be happy as **** if he flips, and I don't begrudge him choosing any school he wants to go to, it's his life. But I don't have to buy in either. Happy to be proven wrong.

Dalvin Cook was mad watching Florida get manhandled.... lol all he could come up with is saying how he knows he can play right away at Florida.

i'm like bro, yo *** would've got handled running into that Miami defense just like the other Gator running backs so dont get it twisted.

Advertisement
it ain't over for Cook although it seems like it right now. Golden still has an in-home visit and he's going to bring Cook's older brother decked out in Cane Gear too. He will feel the pressure one way or another.

It irks me that we would have to do that to convince this kid to be a Cane. I am all for recruiting until national signing day but I am against doing every thing possible virtually getting on our knee for an 18 year old recruit [no chance Golden does that], not only because of how pathetic that is, but because we are the mother****ing U and if you don't want to be a part of it you can **** yourself and watch us as we **** you on the field.

Cook got a taste of how we do business at son life last weekend. If that isn't enough to show this kid he is being a potato by picking UF over us then he never wanted to come here anyways a la Mathpew Tomass.

This kid isn't bigger than the U, **** he isnt bigger than Joseph mother****in' Yearby. [physically perhaps, but not metaphorically!!!!!!!!]

I think Yearby gets plenty of "love" on this board. PPL that take praise for Cook as hate for Yearby are just ridiculous

Best two RBs in SoFla go to the same school and I am thrilled to have one but I really want the other one also

Cook is the best athlete while Yearby is the best running back.....

Somebody should tell Hurlie Brown that Cook is a Gator. He didn't get the memo.

Cook isn't a Gator until he signs, just like Joe Yearby wasn't a Nole. We will continue to recruit the **** out of Cook because he is the best player in South Florida.

Advertisement
Back