I know everyone wants to talk FSU, but I want to talk Wake

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I know I'll probably end up talking to myself, but I'm used to it at work and at home. Wake Forest is 4-3, 2-2 so they're not horrible. They were destroyed by Clemson and handled by Louisiana-Monroe, but blew out Maryland and handled NC State. In short, they're a 6-6 or 7-5 team. They're not USF, so don't expect a 56-0 win. We should win, but it'll probably be like 34-14 or 38-17. I think the line opened around Miami -21.

On offense they have the same QB they've had since 2003, Tanner Price. Though I guess that's not true, since Skinner was their QB for 18 years too. Price is having a good season, 1,416 yards, 60% completion, 10 TD, 3 INT. He throws to 1 guy. No, seriously, 1 guy. A little white dude who really has been there since we've been in the ACC, Michael Campanaro. He has 55 catches for 704 yards and 5 TD in 6 games. That's ridiculous. Next guy has 13 catches. Their leading rusher has 218 yards on 3.8 yards per carry and his backup has 70 yards. Price, the QB is the second leading rusher with 163 yards. They can't run the ball, and teams (aside from GT) can't run on us, so look for them to air it out.

On defense they're actually good.

Win, stay healthy, and move on to FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
THey are looking improved over the past few weeks.

Jim Grobe teams are usually very coached.

No reason this game shouldnt be a win, but again like you said its a team we have to be up to play because with another off game like we had they can beat us.

A game= blowout
B game= 10-14pt win
C game= very close
D game= UNC all over again
F game= well you know...

Advertisement
All week we will be hearing from fans about how unc came out and almost beat us so we can't slip up against wake or itll be close..

while that is true in every game, that unc team was motivated on a Thursday night in prime time on espn. They played their best game of the season amd we played our worst and won. Clemson just got exposed on national television because FSU is not legendary status like last night made it seem. That same clemson team handled wake easily. We get morris to calm down in the pocket instead of scrambling out and turning it over we should be right around the spread worst case scenario

if we play smash mouth football and not let mr.morris throw the ball a million times there will be no problem. canes at home i got 41-23

Agree, need to run the ball and set up Morris for success with some easy throws to get in rhythm.

All week we will be hearing from fans about how unc came out and almost beat us so we can't slip up against wake or itll be close..

while that is true in every game, that unc team was motivated on a Thursday night in prime time on espn. They played their best game of the season amd we played our worst and won. Clemson just got exposed on national television because FSU is not legendary status like last night made it seem. That same clemson team handled wake easily. We get morris to calm down in the pocket instead of scrambling out and turning it over we should be right around the spread worst case scenario

I agree, I'm just waiting for the onslaught of, "we'll win 100-0" and, "you're a ***** if you don't think we win 6,293-3" posts like there were before the UNC game

Advertisement

I agree, I'm just waiting for the onslaught of, "we'll win 100-0" and, "you're a **** if you don't think we win 6,293-3" posts like there were before the UNC game

I got us dropping 40 points on Wake. I said that before UNC as well. We could have put 40 on UNC with TD's instead of FG's and all the TO's.

Once again Canes 45- WF 10.

Advertisement
they will probably stack the box and dare morris to beat them.

Likely, especially since they are #38 in total defense. They are #41 in Rushing defense, #57 in passing yards defense (#45 in passing efficiency defense) and #23 in turnover margin. Their red zone defense is good too, at #31.

To be fair, they've played LA-Monroe, Presbyterian, Army, BC, Maryland, Clemson and NC State. But those are still good numbers.

Advertisement
Campanaro is a nice little wr from my neck of the woods in Columbia, MD. I think Berrios compares very well to him.

Advertisement
Back