I hope we can appreciate this moment

Advertisement
This isn't going to last forever. Miami is still a year away from truly being back; however, I am enjoying the **** of our success and our rival's failures.

Miami is going to win the ACC this year fck all that other talk.... We back!!

Stop and smell the roses boys. It doesn't get any better than being on the come up stage of a program. Or should I say resurgence.

In 83' we beat FSU to secure A OB invitation the night the players returned from that game over 5000 fans came out to the airport to greet the team.Memories that will live on forever

FSU and Florida will go to bowls games

if they consider teams with 5 or less wins yes. ME as a CANE FAN, could care less if these two fuggin school ever sniff a post season game ever again. fug them and fug you for having a positive perspective about either of them

Nothing can top the day after we beat Nebraska to win the 5th of our 6 NC's. The baseball team was the defending the NC and won their last 20 plus games of the 01 season. The football team won the NC without losing a game and the Basketball team was also undefeated. That had never happened anywhere and never will again.

Advertisement
Speaking of depth, I have a bet with an Auburn fan that we finish ahead of them, and this Thursday I was sharing some of my concerns about or injury report leading into GaTech. I still felt we would win, but I think most of us had concerns being down a few of our best perimeter tacklers with the type of offense Tech runs. And in typical ******* fashion he replied that I should save my excuses, injuries happen. Good teams suck it up and move on. And that what separates pretty good teams from the cream of the crop is depth.

I've never sent a more satisfying text in my life than:

"I guess you need depth to play 4 quarters."

if they consider teams with 5 or less wins yes. ME as a CANE FAN, could care less if these two fuggin school ever sniff a post season game ever again. fug them and fug you for having a positive perspective about either of them

After looking at their schedule, Florida may not win 6 games. Somehow they always beat Georgia though. They probably have to win that game to go bowling.

There are certain areas where we just don't have enough playable players. TE comes to mind. But I always get annoyed with, oh we don't have depth here and there. I want impact players who make plays. We have that. That's what you need to win games.

People always say you one season away or two seasons away. I don't buy it. You don't know how a season will turn out until you start playing, players emerge, some improve. We have two road games remaining. Why shouldn't we expect to win them all. Why tell ourselves we are 1 season away? I'm gonna take it one game at a time and I don't see who is on our schedule we can't matchup with. We lost more than a decade in mediocrity so i will enjoy this thing weekly. when we were 7-0 in 2013 it was fraudulent because Golden is a idiot and No D right behind. Now we see our coaches coming out, making adjustments and players stepping up. Bring on Syracuse.

side note: i do find it funny that every team we beat has been discounted after we beat them. Bunch of people will pick Syracuse, like they did Duke, then FSU, then GT. Then they turn and discount those teams.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

After looking at their schedule, Florida may not win 6 games. Somehow they always beat Georgia though. They probably have to win that game to go bowling.
Florida IS NOT going to beat Georgia this year.
NO WAY!

Advertisement
This is all really bad for the criminoles and Ufelons. Canes winning on the field while playing defense more like the old days. Kids watching not the promise of the return to glory but the actual return of THE U -- what kid out there does not want to be on those old Cane teams. And it gets worse for the two schools up north. USF, FAU and FIU suddenly have big name coaches with serious recruiting skills.

With Miami back in the hunt, those three names will not be a threat to our targets but more to those of all the other schools feeding down here, even fsu and uf. How many less So Fl players does it take to make noles or swamp lizards second or third class? The cost for even Bama and OSU to snatch a couple top players will go up and up. Other schools we just shut out entirely. Butch, Charlie and Wayne are threats to the current balance of power.

If the Canes continue to win, we will get whoever we want but all others will have problems getting the leftovers. That make our talent even more superior in relation to our opponents. I am not talking about the super stud recruits but all the rest that some many schools have been spoiled by access to them. If ACC teams can't dip down here, our road to playoffs gets easier. I can really appreciate that.

...USF, FAU and FIU suddenly have big name coaches with serious recruiting skills.

...Butch, Charlie and Wayne are threats to the current balance of power.

If the Canes continue to win, we will get whoever we want but all others will have problems getting the leftovers. That make our talent even more superior in relation to our opponents. I am not talking about the super stud recruits but all the rest that some many schools have been spoiled by access to them. If ACC teams can't dip down here, our road to playoffs gets easier. I can really appreciate that.
Scott Frost and Central Florida are currently undefeated and on a collision course with Charlie and USF.

this feels like 1998 after the UCLA game.

There is a real buzz about this program that hasn't existed for a VERY long time.

This isn't going to last forever. Miami is still a year away from truly being back; however, I am enjoying the **** of our success and our rival's failures.

Cant see why not? We'll be the favorite in every regular season game from here out & if you've been paying attention to college football this year you'd know it's a down year. Is there any more then a handful of teams more "talented" then us. I don't think so. Lets ride this mother ****er out.

Too many injuries and we don't have the depth to beat everyone on the schedule.
This is why I'm just enjoying every ******* moment.

We have lots of problems but dammit we just keep winning. **** everything else, just one play at a time.

Advertisement

Cant see why not? We'll be the favorite in every regular season game from here out & if you've been paying attention to college football this year you'd know it's a down year. Is there any more then a handful of teams more "talented" then us. I don't think so. Lets ride this mother ****er out.

Every team has and will have injuries and depth is issue everywhere. Just look at a solid team as Clemson. The difference is culture, attitude and coaching. I think we turned the corner in those departments.
Agreed here as well. Everyone is dealing with injuries.

We have a chance to keep GETTING BETTER as the season goes along. That's what I love.

...USF, FAU and FIU suddenly have big name coaches with serious recruiting skills.

...Butch, Charlie and Wayne are threats to the current balance of power.

Scott Frost and Central Florida are currently undefeated and on a collision course with Charlie and USF.

Yeap, and he is the little name in the group.

Advertisement

We have lots of problems but dammit we just keep winning. **** everything else, just one play at a time.

Exactly.

Two years ago this week we had a team filled with players who were merely going thru the motions, had banners flying over an empty stadium before games, had a midget marxist at the helm treating the university as if it were her personal slush fund, and no one had any pride for the program (save the 4 donna supporters who will inevitably reply to this post-lol).

Today we're in the position noted by the OP. Sure we might lose a game or two but who here really thought we were going to go 11-1 this year? The future is once again very bright.

Its Great to Be...

FYI Rivals.com the Top site for recruiting has had Miami#2 Since Springtime.And not only are we getting the Top Kids all across Florida but we are getting kids out of Florida like Bishop Gorman tight end Brevin Jordan.Never have we gotten a kid from that Top H.S.

That being said I love the title of your thread.The great feeling that comes from being relevant again is so gratifying.

If we keep it up 🌟 s as u mentioned all over will come like JT, and DJ.... I'm hoping if we win ACC Texas recruits will bring back the Promise Land.

Exactly.

Two years ago this week we had a team filled with players who were merely going thru the motions, had banners flying over an empty stadium before games, had a midget marxist at the helm treating the university as if it were her personal slush fund, and no one had any pride for the program (save the 4 donna supporters who will inevitably reply to this post-lol).

Today we're in the position noted by the OP. Sure we might lose a game or two but who here really thought we were going to go 11-1 this year? The future is once again very bright.

Its Great to Be...
Amen brother.

I literally couldn't even turn on the TV.

We had long time hardcore fans actually rooting for us to lose....just so we could hopefully have moments like this again sometime soon.

**** was so painful.

This is why I'm just enjoying every ****ing moment.

Exactly.

Its Great to Be...

Eh...me?! I still demand 11-1 at worst, 12-0 with the ACC ship :puzzled:

Advertisement
Back