I hope Miami vs FSU is #1 vs #2

Its not just about FSU. They are just the team on the schedule this year that offers the best opportunity at playing in one of the biggest games of the year. I thought it was going to be Clemson.

Me personally, the Miami i grew up on during the championship years was the Miami that played in games during the regular season that everyone was watching. Whether it was FSU, ND, etc

I don’t think i would get the same satisfaction of playing garbage teams or just decent teams and going to the playoffs as opposed to that one or two games that are MUST SEE tv for the nation.

We all root against ND too but you telling me it would have been just as great or memorable had ND been winless and unranked?

Guys go to schools like Miami to play jn THOSE games. **** maybe i am retarded lol my baaad fellas but A&M didn’t satisfy my appetite. UNC probably won’t either. Maybe Clemson will if they win this weekend.

But i want to be in THEEEE game of the year, the century even! Le go!!!

We go undefeated through Forfeit State and regardless of what Forfeit State does, we'll likely be in the ACCCG and possibly the CFP. Those are your big games.

Advertisement
I want fsu to lose every game. I want it to look real impressive when we beat fsu. I want to get recruits because fsu is trash. I want to get recruits because fsu looked awesome until Miami stomped them out.

Advertisement
An undefeated UM vs FSU top 10 matchup appears to be the ONLY opportunity for that. Lets be clear, I am rooting for Clemson. I was rooting for BC last week. But a big part of me cant escape thoughts of Miami beating Temple, GT, UNC, Clemson, Virginia, and NC State for the chance at a top 10 or dare I say even a top 5 matchup, like the old days.

Clemson lost to Duke so that game with them wouldn’t do it.

Am I wrong? The competitor in me wants us to play in a game like that. Or would you rather have it that most of the teams we play be a low rated, pedestrian game?
My mind is always in recruiting mode. I ask myself every time--will it help us land and stack talent--and every outcome results in FSU losing being a good thing. I still picked them to win this weekend my pick'em league.

OP, I see where you're coming from. However, a discerning eye can appreciate continued improvement in coaching and execution by watching us week to week. The opportunity to excel in a statement game will present itself.

Its not just about FSU. They are just the team on the schedule this year that offers the best opportunity at playing in one of the biggest games of the year. I thought it was going to be Clemson.

Me personally, the Miami i grew up on during the championship years was the Miami that played in games during the regular season that everyone was watching. Whether it was FSU, ND, etc

I don’t think i would get the same satisfaction of playing garbage teams or just decent teams and going to the playoffs as opposed to that one or two games that are MUST SEE tv for the nation.

We all root against ND too but you telling me it would have been just as great or memorable had ND been winless and unranked?

Guys go to schools like Miami to play jn THOSE games. **** maybe i am retarded lol my baaad fellas but A&M didn’t satisfy my appetite. UNC probably won’t either. Maybe Clemson will if they win this weekend.

But i want to be in THEEEE game of the year, the century even! Le go!!!
Why don’t you want Louisville to be undefeated when we play them, why does it have to be FSU?

Advertisement
While I admit beating a highly ranked and undefeated F$U team by 1 point feels wonderful I prefer total domination of an overmatched collection of Noles.

Why don’t you want Louisville to be undefeated when we play them, why does it have to be FSU?
Was just looking at UL’s current ranking and schedule and assumed UL is unlikely to be in that position. So i guess you are right. I suppose they could beat Notre Dame, Duke etc and be in the top 10 when we meet. That would be great, especially since it is a home game. Still, it PROBABLY wont get the national attention the FSU game or if Clemson was undefeated that would get. UL is not really considered a brand.

It’s a bit of a win win maybe? I dunno. I’m still waiting to see how we play against UNC and Clemson before I go full Kool aid drunk but I’m picking up what you’re putting down

I want them to lose every game by 100 of course
That Georgia Tech game bothers me. It's right before UNC/Clemson and GT has a very good offense. Their defense is porous but this sets up as a classic get caught looking ahead type of game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These closet fsu fans know no bounds :ibis-roflmao-sm3: Our goals have absolutely nothing to do with FSU being successful, undefeated, good, or anything else you can conjure up in your brain.. We win we will have more than enough to show that we are legit.. **** I look like rooting for fsu.. If I was to try to think about it I would rather clemson win so both have a loss and then when clemson comes to town that game has more at stake, which means its a bigger game AT HOME and recruits can pull up to better atmosphere..

FSU with one loss will still be a sellout in tally and a big game way in Nov. We play clemson first AT HOME and we want home atmosphere to be electric.. two loss clemson loses luster to most UM fans and they will be swayed to attend watch party at Titanic..
EXACTLY!!!! If Clemson wins Saturday, they prove that the ACC still runs through them. That means it's a huge game when they come to Miami.

***** fsu.

Win a big time bowl game and/or playoff game. That'll be big enough statement game.

I never root for a rival to win. If we need a rival win to get into the postseason, I root for the other team to lose

Advertisement
Back