I hope Miami doesn’t do something like this

Advertisement
I believe this is relatively common in the hockey world. I know Harvard does it for Teddy and I think Yorkie has a title at BC. If it brings in the scratch, rock and roll.

Advertisement
You're right. If it was me, I would insist in putting my family name in front of every assistant coach and players' position, especially the QB: Hagerty Family (insert position coach or player). Yeah that's it.
And wifey gets to kiss all the players on game day.

If Manny ***** the bed this year save on the banner and just rename him Fu*kin Phaggot Manny Diaz

Advertisement
1630105062724.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know, I've got some space under my account name that currently reads " Mauderating remotely" that I'd be willing to sell for the right price.

I want to know who came up with the idea? Was it them making a big donation and FAU came back and told them they were going to do this? Did the people making the donation ask for this? Was there some pre listed donation amount to what gets named after you mapping? Where all of the other standard things to put your name on taken? I would be embarrassed to have my name before the coach's title.

As someone mentioned, Michigan does this and ND. I bet some others do too. Not sure what the problem with this is, if someone wants to donate yearly to cover a coach's salary, let them.

I could be wrong but I believe donor(s) are simply underwriting part of the coach's salary/costs just like "Living Scholars" do when they attach their names to the scholarship for one of the football players. Living Scholars were always listed/pictured in the Media Guide but I haven't seen or purchased a Media Guide in years and don't know if anyone publishes them anymore. Sometimes names/photos are listed in the game programs as well.

Advertisement
Back