I hope LSU doesn't take Baker!

Gi0logy

Freshman
Premium
Boy. It really would be such a shame if LSU hired Baker. That guy can coach and recruit am I right guys?

Hopefully LSU fans don't read this board and see how much we all love Baker. It would really be such a shame if they publicly lobbied for him. There's definitely no other good LB coach currently available. This would be such a slam dunk hire for them. I hope Ed O doesn't do it.

Advertisement

*** On top of that, LSU would have to hire a linebackers coach with Jones as the defensive coordinator. The name we're hearing the most is Miami defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Blake Baker. After 2019 in which Miami ranked 13th nationally in total defense and 12th in yards per play, things have changed between Baker and head coach Manny Diaz, who assumed play calling duties during the season.

Prior to arriving in Coral Gables, Baker spent the previous four seasons as defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Under Baker’s direction, the Bulldogs defense ranked among the nation’s best in several categories. In 2018, Louisiana Tech was fourth nationally in team sacks (3.46 per game), 12th nationally in team tackles for loss (7.8) and 33rd nationally in turnovers gained (22).

The Houston native was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at Tulane from 2000-04, helping lead the Green Wave to a win in the 2002 Hawaii Bowl. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Tulane in 2008.

Clearly, Baker has ties to Louisiana and is a solid recruiter from what we've gathered. His name makes sense with maybe a change of scenery necessary. We'll keep an eye on him if he does in fact make a move.

Advertisement
happy praise GIF by America's Got Talent

My soul says please.....

Advertisement
Boy. It really would be such a shame if LSU hired Baker. That guy can coach and recruit am I right guys?

Hopefully LSU fans don't read this board and see how much we all love Baker. It would really be such a shame if they publicly lobbied for him. There's definitely no other good LB coach currently available. This would be such a slam dunk hire for them. I hope Ed O doesn't do it.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** bro SEC is bonkers. LSU is gonna take our DC and he’s gonna leave here to be a LB coach??

Unreal!
Dude was neutered publicly by having the HC announce to the world that he couldn’t hack it as a playcaller. But SEC SEC SEC! Baker you’d be foolish to turn down such an amazing program to coach LBs. You’ll be greatly missed.

Haha love the strategy

Advertisement
Back