I hope Garcia gets to play next week

You guys will notice that Gattis will affect Garcia’s game play in the same way it affected TVD’s. It’s still a run heavy system with few shots downfield. Also, WRs can drop passes thrown by Garcia every bit as well as passes thrown by TVD.

But whatever. Put in Jake.
It’s not like tvd has set the world on fire
And this next game you might as well see if Garcia can give a spark

Advertisement
no one thought saban was crazy. Bama fans wanted tua in there and I believe he threatened to transfer too.
Read the opening paragraph of this article please. Copied it below for you for quick access:

"The first time the college football world was introduced to Tua Tagovailoa, he was coming off the bench during the second half of the 2018 national championship game in Atlanta. Out went a struggling Jalen Hurts, who had gone 26-2 as a starter and had once been named SEC Offensive Player of the Year, and in came this lefty from Hawaii, this true freshman no one had ever heard of, who showed no signs of being overwhelmed by the moment as he methodically led Alabama back against Georgia."

Read the opening paragraph of this article please. Copied it below for you for quick access:

"The first time the college football world was introduced to Tua Tagovailoa, he was coming off the bench during the second half of the 2018 national championship game in Atlanta. Out went a struggling Jalen Hurts, who had gone 26-2 as a starter and had once been named SEC Offensive Player of the Year, and in came this lefty from Hawaii, this true freshman no one had ever heard of, who showed no signs of being overwhelmed by the moment as he methodically led Alabama back against Georgia."

the true freshman no one ever heard of? he was a five star recruit. come on now lol

Not to compare Garcia to Tua. But, sometimes a change of pace, of rhythm, of timing is needed to push the envelope of momentum. No shade on TVD. He just seems uncomfortable, out of sync at times. Sometimes stepping back and seeing the bigger picture gives a new perspective. Not saying bench TVD, just saying that getting Garcia in for a down or series might change the motivation and rhythm of the Offense. Just sayin’

the true freshman no one ever heard of? he was a five star recruit. come on now lol
Idk what to tell you. Hurts had lost two game in 2 years as the starter at Bama (beginning his freshman year).

Maybe you were more plugged in then me and I wasn't paying attention because fck Bama, but it was surprising I thought that they pulled him for the untested freshman.

If you're going off of recruiting ratings as a reason to pull the starter, then Jake who had a much more impressive offer list and recruiting profile would be getting the nod with that argument anyways

Advertisement
It’s not like tvd has set the world on fire
And this next game you might as well see if Garcia can give a spark
He’ll get garbage time. When you have 2 QBs you have no QBs. We did this dance when Randy Shannon coached.

Advertisement
Complete vindication. Dude actually came out and threw 2 passes for 2 interceptions.

And Mario kept him in.

Where is the accountability?

By the way, I know this was supposed to be a puff piece, but it raised serious red flags to me:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...aiting-two-decades-quarterback-tyler-van-dyke.

Most troubling part,
"When Gattis first joined the staff, he asked Van Dyke how he kept in touch with his receivers during the offseason. Turns out, he didn't. He didn't even have most guys' phone numbers.

"That was just shocking," Gattis said. "How can you build a team of wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and you're not all being on a group chat -- all be talking? You're not all throwing, watching film? So we've tried to build that camaraderie."

How a P5 QB isn't running routes with his receivers all summer and off-season I truly don't know.

That was seriously shocking to me.
He’s not a leader

I wanted to rewatch the game before I made any comments but I’m going to need to detach for a bit before I’m ready to rewatch that embarrassment.

Huge gut punch.

Garcia wasn’t perfect, had some great throws and some bad throws. I liked that he doesn’t look like he over thinks and he played like we could come back and he didn’t care the down and distance we could convert.

Those were his first real reps. He hasn’t practiced as the guy yet. I think he can be really good for us, but people who are upset that TVD got pulled and hasn’t played well will point to a few bad passes he made and say he can’t be the guy lol

The energy and attitude alone turned our team around and gave us a chance in an absolutely embarrassing game. Lot of bad breaks and defense that could stop a slug.

I give him credit for coming in in a game our guys looked defeated and giving them hope. We need confidence and a guy who believe we can win if we’re going to win

He’s not a leader
I don’t want to drag him he’s trying his best but he’s not ready for this moment at this school with the pressure it brings. Doesn’t mean he can’t be one day, but looks like he’s got the yips and he’s too in his head to be the QB right now

Advertisement
I don’t want to drag him he’s trying his best but he’s not ready for this moment at this school with the pressure it brings. Doesn’t mean he can’t be one day, but looks like he’s got the yips and he’s too in his head to be the QB right now
I’m not really trying to dragging him, but I knew he had a lot of pressure on him and if he was gonna take the next step he was gonna have to become that vocal leader that gets in his teammates *** when they mess up. He didn’t in this is the result.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back