I hope Garcia gets to play next week

What did she say? I tried to check and just see she said she is bitter about the loss
She already deleted but basically was saying funny how everybody blaming wr when the qb is over throwing , inaccurate, and missed wide open players .. and liked most of the comments about Garcia should start . Very bad look

Advertisement
She already deleted but basically was saying funny how everybody blaming wr when the qb is over throwing , inaccurate, and missed wide open players .. and liked most of the comments about Garcia should start . Very bad look
Dang. I don't have twitter fortunately

Did she unlike that stuff?

Key had enough space to make big plays when he was one on one with the CB. I hope we keep targeting him on those because the passes will fall eventually

So van dyke was the back up and started to be the guy mid last season and had no rapport with anyone but maybe restrepo. He developed rapport during the season with Rambo and Harley. Then Gattis asked in early February ( 1 month after season ended) about working with receivers in the off-season. He had not so I assume he started then and there. That would have been about 7 months ago. That should be enough time to get the rapport going. Something not adding up.
Maybe X gets jelly when he hangs out with anyone besides the punters lol

the way the offense is run, it has to end in 6 every time. we dont give ourselves any room for error. there just aren't enough possessions in the game due to our tempo and scheme. at this rate, I almost rather go 3 and out than waste 10 min of clock to end up getting nothing out of it.
I hate that kind of game. The game last night really reminded me of watching Dave Wannstedt's Dolphins. Lots of games under 20 points, slow pace, lot of FGs and punts.

Advertisement
You guys will notice that Gattis will affect Garcia’s game play in the same way it affected TVD’s. It’s still a run heavy system with few shots downfield. Also, WRs can drop passes thrown by Garcia every bit as well as passes thrown by TVD.

But whatever. Put in Jake.

Tvd is starting to look like that qb at Clemson
I wonder who makes a switch faster dabo or Mario

Advertisement
After TVD’s stock tanks and he decides to return, I wonder if Garcia transfers.
Garcia is not going to sit another year, he’ll transfer if he’s not playing next year. If TVD continues to struggle like he has this season, I would open up the QB competition, so we can at least determine who we want to keep for next year. TVD is not draftable right now and they both won’t be on the team next year. We need to keep the better of the two.

Advertisement
Gattis gets paid well to make it…. Um…less dramatic or …. Productive…
Exactly. Coordinators shuffle around constantly. Plenty of other teams have installed new offenses this offseason. Why is ours struggling so mightily with a highly paid and award winning OC and a QB with NFL 1st round upside?

What do you do when the wr drop his passes?
I don't expect Jake or any of the WRs to be perfect. I just expect that he will probably be able to do a better job leading the offense.

I'm kind of tired of going on about it because I'm not trying to trash TVD and no amount of me commenting is going to get Jake a shot if the coaches don't think he deserves one.

We'll see what happens. I hope TVD turns it around and gets more comfortable as the leader of the team we need it. If not I hope they give Jake a shot

Advertisement
Yea yea, guy on the bench is always better. Let Gattis and TVD figure **** out.
I get what you're saying and I've heard that as the reason why Jake shouldn't get a shot, but there are plenty of examples of the guy on the bench being better.

Kid out of Michigan named Tom Brady ended up being pretty good.

Everyone thought Saban was crazy when he put Tua in over Hurts, but Tua ended up setting CFB records. Joe Burrow literally had the best season ever and had to transfer out of Ohio State to get PT.

Kurt Warner and Brett Farve also come to mind.

Yes, I understand thinking the backup can do better when the starter is struggling is a common theme, but feels a little disingenuous when Jake got here he was the best QB prospect we'd landed in a long time, he was neck and neck with TVD until he got hurt and TVD won by default, and he seems to be more confident and in himself and comfortable leading the team on the field.

I feel bad that TVD might not be the guy because I think he's a good dude and a fierce competitor, but Garcia seems ready for the moment and I think he deserves a shot if Tyler can't figure things out.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying and I've heard that as the reason why Jake shouldn't get a shot, but there are plenty of examples of the guy on the bench being better.

Kid out of Michigan named Tom Brady ended up being pretty good.

Everyone thought Saban was crazy when he put Tua in over Hurts, but Tua ended up setting CFB records. Joe Burrow literally had the best season ever and had to transfer out of Ohio State to get PT.

Yes, I understand thinking the backup can do better when the starter is struggling is a common theme, but feels a little disingenuous when Jake got here he was the best QB prospect we'd landed in a long time, he was neck and neck with TVD until he got hurt and TVD won by default, and he seems to be more confident and in himself and comfortable leading the team on the field.

I feel bad that TVD might not be the guy because I think he's a good dude and a fierce competitor, but Garcia seems ready for the moment and I think he deserves a shot if Tyler can't figure things out.
no one thought saban was crazy. Bama fans wanted tua in there and I believe he threatened to transfer too.

They need to figure this out
Bc if they realize too late Garcia may already be hitting up places to portal out
I bet u he would be a hot commodity
Norvell would give his kidney for him

Advertisement
Back