I hope Garcia gets to play next week

JD4

All-American
Jake Garcia seems like a way better fit for this scheme. If we aren't switching the scheme, we need to switch QBs.

TVD needs a lot of passes and usually a halftime break (at least he did last year) before he starts to sling it without over thinking. He was phenomenal in the second half last year, but he was often times timid and unsure in the first. That is how he has looked all year this year, and with our emphasis on dominating with the run and having more balance I'm not sure he's going to get the time he needs to feel comfortable.

I know he's great when he's clicking, but it isn't great that he takes so long to click. Nothing against the kid, but Jake doesn't seem like he has the same confidence / over thinking issues. He's doesn't think that much lol he just whips it and is excited and ready to play.

I want to see what he can do because I think if he was in we win that game even with all the BS and self-inflicted problems we had.

Thoughts?

P.S. I'm not excusing the dropped passes or the fact that a different playcaller and scheme would be more friendly for TVD. I'm just saying I think we need someone who believes we can win, and someone who believes in their ability to execute the offense. I think Jake is that guy

Advertisement
By the way, I know this was supposed to be a puff piece, but it raised serious red flags to me:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...aiting-two-decades-quarterback-tyler-van-dyke.

Most troubling part,
"When Gattis first joined the staff, he asked Van Dyke how he kept in touch with his receivers during the offseason. Turns out, he didn't. He didn't even have most guys' phone numbers.

"That was just shocking," Gattis said. "How can you build a team of wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and you're not all being on a group chat -- all be talking? You're not all throwing, watching film? So we've tried to build that camaraderie."

How a P5 QB isn't running routes with his receivers all summer and off-season I truly don't know.

That was seriously shocking to me.

By the way, I know this was supposed to be a puff piece, but it raised serious red flags to me:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...aiting-two-decades-quarterback-tyler-van-dyke.

Most troubling part,
"When Gattis first joined the staff, he asked Van Dyke how he kept in touch with his receivers during the offseason. Turns out, he didn't. He didn't even have most guys' phone numbers.

"That was just shocking," Gattis said. "How can you build a team of wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and you're not all being on a group chat -- all be talking? You're not all throwing, watching film? So we've tried to build that camaraderie."

How a P5 QB isn't running routes with his receivers all summer and off-season I truly don't know.

Holy ******* ****…

Advertisement

Most troubling part,

I’m sorry wtf is this?

Advertisement
Holy ******* ****…
I’m sorry wtf is this?
This is from the puff piece ESPN did for him in anticipation of college gameday.

It also goes on to say when he's playing golf or 2k and is winning by too much he lets the other guys come back to make it more interesting lol. It talks about the time they played doubles golf with the punters and after being up by a comfortable margin he starts losing on purpose again and they end up losing because he can't catch up. Excerpt below:

"We'll be playing NBA 2K, and we'll be blowing people out, and he'll let them come back," Restrepo said. "He just plays with fire."

Van Dyke and Restrepo had gone golfing with two of Miami's punters this summer -- a scramble, most holes wins -- and after seven holes, they were already up five. Boring, Van Dyke thought.

"He starts chunking shots on purpose," Restrepo said. "He's laughing about it."

The plan backfired though. After 15, Restrepo and Van Dyke were down two holes. The pressure was on.

On 16, Van Dyke drains a birdie to take the hole.

On 17, he does it again -- sinks a putt from 10 feet out. They're tied.

Last hole, Van Dyke steps to the tee and -- shanks it.

"Flubs the drive," Restrepo said, "and we lost. He was mad."

It goes on to say he would never do that with football, but I just wonder who by this age hasn't learned to put your foot on someone's throat and don't fck around about winning and losing

This is from the puff piece ESPN did for him in anticipation of college gameday.

It also goes on to say when he's playing golf or 2k and is winning by too much he lets the other guys come back to make it more interesting lol. It talks about the time they played doubles golf with the punters and after being up by a comfortable margin he starts losing on purpose again and they end up losing because he can't catch up. Excerpt below:

"We'll be playing NBA 2K, and we'll be blowing people out, and he'll let them come back," Restrepo said. "He just plays with fire."

Van Dyke and Restrepo had gone golfing with two of Miami's punters this summer -- a scramble, most holes wins -- and after seven holes, they were already up five. Boring, Van Dyke thought.

The plan backfired though. After 15, Restrepo and Van Dyke were down two holes. The pressure was on.

It goes on to say he would never do that with football, but I just wonder who by this age hasn't learned to put your foot on someone's throat and don't fck around about winning and losing
Well if he doesn’t transfer to SMU he’ll have to take up golf.

This is the most horrifying puff piece I’ve ever seen

Advertisement
Jake Garcia seems like a way better fit for this scheme. If we aren't switching the scheme, we need to switch QBs.

TVD needs a lot of passes and usually a halftime break (at least he did last year) before he starts to sling it without over thinking. He was phenomenal in the second half last year, but he was often times timid and unsure in the first. That is how he has looked all year this year, and with our emphasis on dominating with the run and having more balance I'm not sure he's going to get the time he needs to feel comfortable.

I know he's great when he's clicking, but it isn't great that he takes so long to click. Nothing against the kid, but Jake doesn't seem like he has the same confidence / over thinking issues. He's doesn't think that much lol he just whips it and is excited and ready to play.

I want to see what he can do because I think if he was in we win that game even with all the BS and self-inflicted problems we had.

Thoughts?

P.S. I'm not excusing the dropped passes or the fact that a different playcaller and scheme would be more friendly for TVD. I'm just saying I think we need someone who believes we can win, and someone who believes in their ability to execute the offense. I think Jake is that guy
Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

Advertisement

Thoughts?

Yeah Jake looked great in the multiple other games we saw him play in under Gattis. They have chemistry

TVD sucks let’s be real people
He has been bad this year. He flashed greatness last year though. He was tough in the second half of games and seemed to get confidence as the game went on. Last year featured faster reads and more space for the receivers. We had more reliable receivers (Rambo and Harley).

But even last year it really troubled me how slowly he got started. I think Garcia is really good and we should give him a chance because fair or not, TVD has struggled and we want to play the guy who gives us the best chance to win

Advertisement
Back