I hate Kayaa more each game

The worse coRching staff in Miami football history, one of the worse OLs in Miami football history and you guys are killing another player....lmao at all of you.
Aren't the OL players too? You rip those players, but Prince Kaaya is off limits for criticism? Makes no sense.

Kaaya is a good QB who has never stepped up big against a good team, has yet to carry us to wins, and doesn't inspire his teammates to spill their guts and play hard for him like a real General should.

For guys to build him up the way they have on here is putrid. I warned against this before the season when D$ was overhyping Kaaya as a guy who was going to save Folden's job or carry us to a good season.

Based on his weak showing against our own putrescent D I wanted to know what he so dramatically improved on since the spring, and all I heard was quit hating and simplistic conclusions that basically amounted to "he's better because he's better and because I say so".

Unfortunately, as has been the case with every QB since Berlin, Kaaya hasn't improved since last year. Good player, but he's very limited athletically, doesn't really have the plus arm guys keep telling me he does, isn't a great leader, who inspires his team to play hard around him, and hasn't been clutch yet.

I would rep this post if I didn't disable the rep system. Very much spot on with your assessment.

We'll never be any good until we get a HC or a HC with an OC who truly understands that the game has changed. Take advantage of the greatest local resource a HC could have--speed and skill. Run the ball, but run it against teams that are spread out horizontally giving you more space instead of constantly trying to hammer away in a phone booth.

It's like we've tried to cling to this notion since the Davis era that we're playing football in Western PA or Iowa. We rely too much on lining up and mashing the guy in front of you when that approach doesn't take advantage of our local resources.

Advertisement
Kaaya is lucky to be throwing to the talent he has. A lot of his sacks are because he holds on to the ball way to long. I say a play during the game yesterday where the ball was snapped and Kaaya looked left for 5 seconds before being hit from his right side. That sack is completely on Kaaya. Miami has never had a great OL and probably never will. I don't hate Kaaya like some in this thread do and I think he can be a great QB. I also think he had a great freshman season and yes he had a lot of help. I just don't think he has made the jump this year to suggest he can be a first round pick like some suggest. Heck I have even seen porsters that say Kaaya leaves after his Junior year and goes in the first round. My prediction is 6th round after his senior season. A lot can change between now and then but he really needs to make a jump to be a first round talent. His short passes to the edge are good but he seems to struggle over the middle and deep. He also struggles in the red zone which I think is due to not being to spread the field.

what talent does he have? u mean the receivers that CANNOT get separation which has been STATED by every analyst that covers UM games. only one player on this team can get open and thats Coley. on top of that, this is a **** show of an OL. stick to IT and computers because football isn't your forte. on top of your stupid statements, saying Miami has never had a good OL is completely false. that 00-02 OL was one of the best, if not the best, in college football. LT Bryant McKinnie
LG Sherko Haji-Rasouli
C Brett Romberg
RG Martin Bibla
RT Joaquin Gonzalez was that OL and two of em were best in their position in the country.

He can throw the ball to his receiver where his receiver can either make a play at bat it away. He didn't do that last year when he had Dorset, Walford and Duke and he isn't doing that this year with Coley , Njoku and Yearby. Bryant McKinnie was a 1st round pick and Martin Bibla was a 4th round pick so not sure the best in the country.

One thing to note is Joaquin was the only one from the state of Florida on that OL. Goes to show south Florida doesn't produce very good OL talent and why we should change our offense but that is for another thread.

Ok so you believe that Kaaya is better than Dorsey?

Last we are tired with Ohio State for sacks allowed 33rd. We are ranked higher than Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU. We are 5th in the ACC behind Duke, Clemson, Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Our OL isn't great but Kaaya has more time than most other QB's to get rid of the ball.

Sacks Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

have you seen the qb play at bama, ole miss, auburn and lsu? better be thankful for kaaya.

And all of those schools are criticizing their QB and none are trying to sale the point their QB is a 1st round draft pick.

no but they're exceptionally bad and are the weak points of their respective teams. kaaya keeps our aheads afloat for the most part. and the SEC hasn't really produced many qbs the past decade

what talent does he have? u mean the receivers that CANNOT get separation which has been STATED by every analyst that covers UM games. only one player on this team can get open and thats Coley. on top of that, this is a **** show of an OL. stick to IT and computers because football isn't your forte. on top of your stupid statements, saying Miami has never had a good OL is completely false. that 00-02 OL was one of the best, if not the best, in college football. LT Bryant McKinnie
LG Sherko Haji-Rasouli
C Brett Romberg
RG Martin Bibla
RT Joaquin Gonzalez was that OL and two of em were best in their position in the country.

He can throw the ball to his receiver where his receiver can either make a play at bat it away. He didn't do that last year when he had Dorset, Walford and Duke and he isn't doing that this year with Coley , Njoku and Yearby. Bryant McKinnie was a 1st round pick and Martin Bibla was a 4th round pick so not sure the best in the country.

One thing to note is Joaquin was the only one from the state of Florida on that OL. Goes to show south Florida doesn't produce very good OL talent and why we should change our offense but that is for another thread.

Last we are tired with Ohio State for sacks allowed 33rd. We are ranked higher than Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU. We are 5th in the ACC behind Duke, Clemson, Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Our OL isn't great but Kaaya has more time than most other QB's to get rid of the ball.

have you seen the qb play at bama, ole miss, auburn and lsu? better be thankful for kaaya.

And all of those schools are criticizing their QB and none are trying to sale the point their QB is a 1st round draft pick.

no but they're exceptionally bad and are the weak points of their respective teams. kaaya keeps our aheads afloat for the most part. and the SEC hasn't really produced many qbs the past decade

Lets compare them

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 6.00.56 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.55.46 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.55.57 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.56.14 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.57.19 PM.jpg

It looks like Kaaya only leads these guys in not being sacked...

I like Kaaya better than all 3 of these but the data suggest his impact on the scoreboard is similar.

Last edited:

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

I like Kaaya better than all 3 of these but the data suggest his impact on the scoreboard is similar.

not really. those guys aren't asked to do a whole lot. their number should be much better efficiency wise. if you actually watch the games they play in, many of their tds come off screens and short throws where it's mostly YAC. put kaaya on one of those teams and we're talking heisman consideration. idk know why bama every throws. it's like they have a quota or something. coker is so bad and rb playing qb started over him last year. the only guy that has respectable talent is chad kelly. and the lsu works for the system they run because he's a decent athlete but without fournette and good offensive play they really suck.

Advertisement

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

not really. those guys aren't asked to do a whole lot. their number should be much better efficiency wise. if you actually watch the games they play in, many of their tds come off screens and short throws where it's mostly YAC. put kaaya on one of those teams and we're talking heisman consideration. idk know why bama every throws. it's like they have a quota or something. coker is so bad and rb playing qb started over him last year. the only guy that has respectable talent is chad kelly. and the lsu works for the system they run because he's a decent athlete but without fournette and good offensive play they really suck.

Those guys are QB's of big time schools so I don't buy the argument they aren't asked to do a lot. The data shows they get sacked more than Kaaya and have similar performance. So the argument that it is all the OL fault is just plain false. Look we can talk about how bad Coley and Golden suck and there is a lot of truth to that but at this point Kaaya isn't a top 25 QB in college. By QBR he is 42 but I can live with the argument that some of those above him don't play the same caliber of teams.

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

Those guys are QB's of big time schools so I don't buy the argument they aren't asked to do a lot. The data shows they get sacked more than Kaaya and have similar performance. So the argument that it is all the OL fault is just plain false. Look we can talk about how bad Coley and Golden suck and there is a lot of truth to that but at this point Kaaya isn't a top 25 QB in college. By QBR he is 42 but I can live with the argument that some of those above him don't play the same caliber of teams.

Just Curious, Compared to those other guys how would you rank them as pro prospects and what would you rank Kaaya nationally.

The worse coRching staff in Miami football history, one of the worse OLs in Miami football history and you guys are killing another player....lmao at all of you.

Imagine how bad it would be without kaaya?

How much worse can it get than getting thoroughly humiliated in a game where we quit against UNC and where UNC could have named the score if they didn't take the foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter. They could have scored every time they had the ball if they wanted.

Advertisement

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

Just Curious, Compared to those other guys how would you rank them as pro prospects and what would you rank Kaaya nationally.

Chad Kelly will get invited to camp and may or may not make a roster. I don't think he does much in the league.

Brandon Harris is young like Kaaya but doesn't have near the technique as Kaaya but is more athletic. He will need to get better over the next 2 years. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in him, but you never know.

Jake Coker isn't very good and has no chance of making an NFL roster

Brad Kaaya has great footwork and works really hard. With the right coach he could make a jump but that did not happen from year 1 to year 2. I think he works his way into the draft but no higher than the 6th round. He has to make a jump sometime sometime over the next 2 years. I don't see any chance of him leave after his junior season and don't think he ever ends up in any of the first 3 rounds.

I don't know what I would rank Kaaya nationally to be honest. He feels like he belongs in the 25 - 35 range. How much is Coley holding him back? I don't know but I hope a lot because we really need him.

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

big time schools means nothing. bama went to the playoffs with a rb playing qb last year. lsu went to a title game without having a starting qb a few years back. ohio state won a title last year with a third string qb who looked terrible this year. you can get away with having a mediocre and limited qb in college. the sec does it every year. i actually watch all of those guys you mention play and the coaches keep it very basic for them. mostly screens and one read plays out of read option. it helps when you're surrounded by depth of talent that have been developed and aren't put in position to ***** up. miami has one of the worst coached olines in the power 5. kehoe's experience is coaching a different system then the zone blocking we're doing with coley. can kaaya play better? sure. but don't be mistaken that he is fighting an uphill battlle (as our many of our players) with this jv coaching staff especially the coordinators. watch some of our oline concepts. we literally let kaaya get detroyed some plays, knowing that A. he isn't mobile and B. our oline isn't getting it done. perfect example is having kaaya run a read option scramble throw to the flats is not in his skillset and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Lets compare them

View attachment 33739
View attachment 33734
View attachment 33735
View attachment 33736
View attachment 33737

Chad Kelly will get invited to camp and may or may not make a roster. I don't think he does much in the league.

Brandon Harris is young like Kaaya but doesn't have near the technique as Kaaya but is more athletic. He will need to get better over the next 2 years. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in him, but you never know.

Jake Coker isn't very good and has no chance of making an NFL roster

Brad Kaaya has great footwork and works really hard. With the right coach he could make a jump but that did not happen from year 1 to year 2. I think he works his way into the draft but no higher than the 6th round. He has to make a jump sometime sometime over the next 2 years. I don't see any chance of him leave after his junior season and don't think he ever ends up in any of the first 3 rounds.

I don't know what I would rank Kaaya nationally to be honest. He feels like he belongs in the 25 - 35 range. How much is Coley holding him back? I don't know but I hope a lot because we really need him.

It might not mean much but todd mckshay is saying right now he believes kaaya will be a future first round pick.

The problem I have with Kaaya so far is that he has not yet taken over a game. So far all I have seen is a guy who would make a great QB for an Alabama-like team where all you really need is a game manager. Unfortunately we don't have a strong enough team to win with a game manager. Right now we need a QB that can take over games.

Advertisement
The problem I have with Kaaya so far is that he has not yet taken over a game. So far all I have seen is a guy who would make a great QB for an Alabama-like team where all you really need is a game manager. Unfortunately we don't have a strong enough team to win with a game manager. Right now we need a QB that can take over games.

considering the way this season has played out, what makes you think having that would be a good time. Golden probably would of got another extension.. would of been a disaster. don't know why people are complaining, the most important thing has already happened. just support the kids and look forward to next season.

he took over the fsu game. his defense let him down.

Advertisement
Kaaya is as good as Coach Coley is, that's your answer!!! The play calling is horridly predictable on O, we don't have any speed in the backfield and Coley suks big time...Thank god this dream is almost over...

Advertisement
Back