I guess UGA could have won a bunch of ships

I’ll say this. Kurbs is recruiting at a higher level than Rick ever recruited at UGA. The puppies are recruiting at a bammer level. Rick recruited well at UGA, but not at Kurb’s level.

Not even close...the boosters have really loosened up the purse strings big time for country boy Kurby.

If he doesn’t win a NATTY or get them into the playoffs five years straight Bama-$tyle, he may end up being a bigger “corch” as Andrew uses the phrase.

...and so far he’s starting to look a little corchy to me.

CIS is way too giddy with the word corch. It's either you're Saban, Dabo, Urban, or a corch lol

Advertisement
CIS is way too giddy with the word corch. It's either you're Saban, Dabo, Urban, or a corch lol

I agree, but the OP decided to swallow Kurbs - balls and dlck - so I just wanted to throw that shade.

I also don’t think he’s proven shlt yet, other than he can buy players and CHOKE AWAY GAMES.

I agree, but the OP decided to swallow Kurbs - balls and dlck - so I just wanted to throw that shade.

I also don’t think he’s proven shlt yet, other than he can buy players and CHOKE AWAY GAMES.

Richt pt.2 lol
I just didn't think Richt's tenure at UGA was corch material. And people are over rating Georgia recruits. They need to recruit more nationally.

Richt pt.2 lol
I just didn't think Richt's tenure at UGA was corch material. And people are over rating Georgia recruits. They need to recruit more nationally.

UGA has a ton of highly rated recruits...they’re Bama-like...there’s no denying...which highlights Kurby - he’s got the talent to dominate, but all he does is choke

Mark did what he did to give his teams, “The best chance to win.” See what I did there? Jajajaja.

Advertisement
UGA has a ton of highly rated recruits...they’re Bama-like...there’s no denying...which highlights Kurby - he’s got the talent to dominate, but all he does is choke

He's doing the same coaching he did at Bama though. Just cant beat his own boss. If he did he'd have a Natty right now.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. If Rick had made that first down he’d probably have a NATTY. Right now...they’re pretty similar coaches.

Except Smart has 2 more losses lol. My biggest point is that...I couldn't think of a coach that would beat Bama even with UGAs roster. Only Dabo and Urban. If someone says Dan Mullen I'll slap them and show them the Kentucky game. If someone says Lincoln Riley I'll ask who will be his DC. Just cant predict a coaching staff that is capable.

Agreed. Right now Kurba hasn’t done much of anything better than Richt did three years in. Let’s see how they do with his recruited players and their offensive philosophy. So far last I counted Jawja las t won a ‘Chip in 1980.

Advertisement
I never understand this argument. Richt wasn’t fired for his first 3 years at UGA. He was fired because he lost his passion and/or the game passed him by. That’s why kirby’s been to the playoffs and won his conference while mark richt is unemployed. If Richt kept performing like he did his first 3 years at UGA, he’d still be coaching.
Richt never swept the SECe, never made it to the playoffs or national championship, and never recruited this well. Richt did well initially, but never had a season that matched the success of Kirby's second season. I can understand not liking Kirby, but it's ridiculous to state Richt teams made it just as far as Kirby teams when no Richt led team ever made it to the National Championship. Kirby had more success in 2 years than Richt had in 15. The next few years will show whether or not his second year was a fluke or not. Gus Malzahn made it to a natty in his first year and never could replicate that success, so it is possible Kirby does the same. Currently Smart is 2-2 in his biggest games. Lost the natty, won the playoff game against OU, and is 1-1 SECC games. I think most would agree the sample size is too small to consider him good or bad.

Richt never swept the SECe, never made it to the playoffs or national championship, and never recruited this well. Richt did well initially, but never had a season that matched the success of Kirby's second season. I can understand not liking Kirby, but it's ridiculous to state Richt teams made it just as far as Kirby teams when no Richt led team ever made it to the National Championship. Kirby had more success in 2 years than Richt had in 15. The next few years will show whether or not his second year was a fluke or not. Gus Malzahn made it to a natty in his first year and never could replicate that success, so it is possible Kirby does the same. Currently Smart is 2-2 in his biggest games. Lost the natty, won the playoff game against OU, and is 1-1 SECC games. I think most would agree the sample size is too small to consider him good or bad.

Really Richt never made the playoffs at UGA? Wow wonder why!

Richt's UGA team went like 12-1, they'd be in the playoff that year

LOL - Rick never made the playoffs

Because the playoffs have been going on for 20 years now

Advertisement
LOL - Rick never made the playoffs

Because the playoffs have been going on for 20 years now
I’m pretty sure they had a national championship game every year Richt was there and he never appeared in it. My point is that Kirby did take UGA further than richt, unless I’m forgetting a season where richt was closer to a championship than OT of the championship game.

I’m pretty sure they had a national championship game every year Richt was there and he never appeared in it. My point is that Kirby did take UGA further than richt, unless I’m forgetting a season where richt was closer to a championship than OT of the championship game.

Richt and Kirby both finished third in their second season. Kirby had the luxury of a playoff. Richt did not. If you think Kirby is doing “better” because he appeared in a game that didn’t exist when Richt was getting started, then lol.

Richt and Kirby both finished third in their second season. Kirby had the luxury of a playoff. Richt did not. If you think Kirby is doing “better” because he appeared in a game that didn’t exist when Richt was getting started, then lol.
A national championship existed for both Richt and Smart. Kirby managed to get to his and Richt did not. The margin of separation isn't great for their first 3 years, but Kirby is marginally better due to his recruiting and championship appearance. Kirby played 7 ranked teams in 2017 with 4 of those being against top 10 opponents, while Richt played 6 ranked teams in 2002 with 1 top 10 opponent. No matter how you cut it Smart's 2017 year was better. Both coaches had a great first 3 years, but Kirby took his team further than any Richt team by making the National Championship. If you can show me a Richt team that was closer to winning a natty, I'll admit I'm wrong. If not, then you should do the same.

Advertisement

Hooray for Kurby.

Don’t forget to wipe your chin.

Hooray for Kurby.

Don’t forget to wipe your chin.
I honestly thought this was pretty cut and dry. Neither coach got to pick the championship system that was in place at the time of their coaching and one did more with it than the other. I never claimed Kirby was a great coach, just that his first 3 years were better than richt. Not sure how that’s sucking Kirby off when I explicitly stated he could end up like richt or Malzahan and never replicate it again.

I honestly thought this was pretty cut and dry. Neither coach got to pick the championship system that was in place at the time of their coaching and one did more with it than the other. I never claimed Kirby was a great coach, just that his first 3 years were better than richt. Not sure how that’s sucking Kirby off when I explicitly stated he could end up like richt or Malzahan and never replicate it again.

Busting your balls. I just don’t think there’s that much difference between them because I think Kurby’s armamentarium is a lot better. Top to bottom.

One day I’ll gointo why I think Rick never reached his full potential as a coach, and most of it is due to his intractable stubbornness and poor hiring.

On the other hand, Kurby has a bigger and better warchest, is more devious and manipulative (not necessarily bad things, if that’s your nature) but lacks sufficient intellect to sustain success and be an effective leader.

Or I could’ve just said he’s a dumb hick and a huckster that was a good defensive coordinator but not HC material.

Time will tell. If I’m wrong, will know in short order. He’s got the potential in terms of available talent and resources to go very very far the next couple of years or longer.

Busting your balls. I just don’t think there’s that much difference between them because I think Kurby’s armamentarium is a lot better. Top to bottom.

One day I’ll gointo why I think Rick never reached his full potential as a coach, and most of it is due to his intractable stubbornness and poor hiring.

On the other hand, Kurby has a bigger and better warchest, is more devious and manipulative (not necessarily bad things, if that’s your nature) but lacks sufficient intellect to sustain success and be an effective leader.

Or I could’ve just said he’s a dumb hick and a huckster that was a good defensive coordinator but not HC material.

Time will tell. If I’m wrong, will know in short order. He’s got the potential in terms of available talent and resources to go very very far the next couple of years or longer.
I agree that kirby’s nowhere near an elite x’s and o’s coach and that most of his upside comes through recruiting. He’ll definitely need an elite OC to win a championship since I don’t believe he has the knowledge to put together a championship winning offense. There’s always a chance that he could get lucky like 2017 if a lot of seniors come back and teams in his division are down, but that’s rare. I try my best to be objective on other team’s sites and think that’s a pretty fair assessment of smart as a HC. As for Richt, he was too loyal to friends that he should’ve fired and ran into some bad luck recruiting QB’s. Tried to recruit Cam Newton as a TE and went with Jacob Park over Deshaun Watson. You probably have a better understanding of what went wrong for Richt at Miami. Either way, I hope Diaz works out for y’all since a strong Miami hurts Florida.

Advertisement
Back