I guess UGA could have won a bunch of ships

When Miami hired Richt posters said that UGA didn't have the talent and Richt would win here. As it turns out, Smart is winning at UGA and Richt is doing worse here. The actual answer was the opposite. Richt had the talent to win ships at UGA but corched his way to 9 and 10 win seasons.

I told you this while he was there Andrew. He basically owned that state recruiting rise and could do NOTHING

Advertisement
Kirby will have UGA in the playoffs for the second time this year. Meanwhile we can not beat Duke.

SEC east is still just as bad as the coastal..but gets the benefit of the doubt of being SEC and there prerequisite of having 2 sec teams in the playoffs.

There are two ways to recruit well:

1) you pay more than the other program
2) you win a ton and put kids in the NFL

At Miami, option number 1 is gone bc of NCAA trouble.

So you needed a coach who was an elite football man who could win big quickly. Mark Richt was never that guy.

Maybe we finally learn our lesson.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that option 2 doesn't exist. To the best of my knowledge, bama and osu still pay and they've been the most successful teams around. Without bags, we'll continue to fail with most of the top tier kids.

We need a coach who can get the best out of the guys we do get.

Mark Richt through three years at UGA = 32-8
Kirby Smart right now = 29-8

Kirby is doing the same thing Richt did. Because your bulldogs just aren’t, and have never been, a championship program.
They are the youngest team in the SEC. and that talent level is about to sky rocket. They are winning trap games which is an improvemt but smart STILL has to get past Saban which he probably won’t and eventually the UGA crowd will sour.

He's a fraud. And we gave him an extension.

That's our administration though. A slight modicum of success and we hand out extensions like its nothing. It then sets you up for disaster like now. If Richt wasn't extended, he'd be realistically on the hot seat next year, and if we had a 7-8 win season in 2019, we could walk away with a minimal buyout and Richt could go retire. Now........we have to hope for another season like this one to force him out.

Advertisement
Amazing that he didn't win a ship with all that QB talent he corched all those years.

Back to the point. The guy coached for 15 years that had more money for staff, facilities, and in the SEC. And he failed to do that. However, I can't find the logic that he would up and win a championship at Miami with less resources and in a mediocre conference.

The latter part is why myself and a lot of others thought he could sneak his way into success here. He had 9-10 win seasons at UGA when the SEC was the clear cut best conference. So we assumed he'd run roughshod over the ACC and once in a while beat Clemson. We were wrong.

Kirby will have UGA in the playoffs for the second time this year. Meanwhile we can not beat Duke.

Eh, I agree with your overall assessment right now with where UGA is as a program and how they've hit the next level with Kirby that they weren't with Richt.

Having said that, UGA is more than likely going to face Bama and Bama by all accounts will likely hand UGA their 2nd loss of the season which will by all accounts, possibly nullify any potential for going into the playoffs. But, UGA at the very least will be in a NYE 6 bowl game and probably win with how stacked that roster is.

When Miami hired Richt posters said that UGA didn't have the talent and Richt would win here. As it turns out, Smart is winning at UGA and Richt is doing worse here. The actual answer was the opposite. Richt had the talent to win ships at UGA but corched his way to 9 and 10 win seasons.
Never understood why people thought south Florida talent was so much better if better at all. The talent is very close. Without the resources he had at UGA richt is being exposed. He had to take his coaching and recruiting up a few notches just to replicate what he did at UGA.

That ain’t happening

It’s like exactly the same except Tennessee was way better and saban was at LSU.

The point is not that Richt is good, or that he’s better than Kirby (he’s not even close). It’s that Andrew’s beloved bulldogs aren’t a championship program.

If they keep recruiting like they are they will win a chip under Kirby.

Advertisement
One coached in a natty and the other coach never did in 15 years lol. I would take Kirby over richt
Kirby only coached in the championship because of the playoff. Otherwise he wouldn't have had the chance. UGA would have made the playoffs at least once under Richt

Can someone explain the reasoning for giving extensions to headcoaches so early within their current contract? I don't get it, after the second season? It just hinders the Admin n protects the HC with a greater buyout if fired etc.

Are head coaches even worried to get fired nowadays? I wish I had a gig where if I got fired I still get paid millions.
Theoretically, you do it to lock down a desirable coach early on so that he can't leverage you later with the threat of leaving. But everyone knows this is Richt's last stop on the coaching train and he ain't going anywhere, no matter what. So that shows you how "Special Olympics" stupid Flake James is.

Kirby only coached in the championship because of the playoff. Otherwise he wouldn't have had the chance. UGA would have made the playoffs at least once under Richt
Once in 15 yrs once in two. Still takin Kirby. We had a chance to make the playoff and we **** the bed. And are continuing to do so

Advertisement
I kept trying to tell you guys.

When people on here were trying to pass Richt off as an elite coach while bashing Kirby in the off-season I kept asking this simple question:

If Kirby Smart only won because of Richt's player
Then why didn't Richt win with Richt's player

Why did it take this long for people to understand what I've been saying since last year?

I kept telling y'all last year was similar to '09 and '13 the only difference is GT didn't knock down a pass in the rain and the FSU catch.

Last edited:

Not disagreeing with you that Ga is kicking butt right now, but do you really believe they beating Bama?

Shamefully true, guest some people just don’t learn. Guy had crazy talent at Georgia and now has it here.

Advertisement
I kept trying to tell you guys.

When people on here were trying to pass Richt off as an elite coach while bashing Kirby in the off-season I kept asking this simple question:

If Kirby Smart only won because of Richt's player
Then why didn't Richt win with Richt's player

Why did it take this long for people to understand what I've been saying since last year?

I kept telling y'all last year was similar to '09 and '13 the only difference is GT didn't knock down a pass in the rain and the FSU catch.

Still not sold on Kirby, but I’m now really sold on richt, get rid of that cat.

Once in 15 yrs once in two. Still takin Kirby. We had a chance to make the playoff and we **** the bed. And are continuing to do so
He woulda gone to the cfp 2, maybe 3 times in 15 years at UGA. If he can hire a real OC I'd give him another 2 years or so.

Still not sold on Kirby, but I’m now really sold on richt, get rid of that cat.

Georgia would of loss that game against Kentucky under Richt.

UGA looks like they are on a completely different level. Comparable to Clemson, Ohio State honestly. They almost beat Bama for the title. A couple of years prior to the NC game, Richt got obliterated at home against Bama like 37-3.

As for you UGA/Richt fans who wants Richt to stay here, GTFOH. Don't get rid of a guy then tell another team who hired him to keep him just because you like him (not enough to keep though) as a person when we BOTH know he isn't good at his MAIN job. What are we? your little brother? Telling us to just be happy with your hand me down toy (coach) while you're on to bigger and better things? FOH! Take ya *** bad to Gawgah.

How are they going to get into the playoffs with a loss to LSU and after getting curb stomped in the SEC championship game?

Advertisement
Back