I guess UGA could have won a bunch of ships

Advertisement
Let the record reflect that those that were "high" on the Mark Richt hire when it was first announced were predominately :

-The Don Bailey Jr slurper crowd. He represents exactly the type of hire they **** over.
- The casual fans (who have a little of the above mentioned traits)
- The media (who are absolutely clueless when it comes to UM football)

MANY of us hated the hire and knew that what is happening now was coming down the pipeline. All the signs were there.

Yep it's true. Most knew this hire was ultimately bad. Then I woke up one morning and read that Jon Richt was hired as QB coach. I was appalled and disgusted that the AD and board wold allow this. Nepotism is truly disgusting. I knew right then and there we were done. Even through the run last year, multiple games were very bad. GT, NC, FSU, UVA. All thise games we were lucky to win. Now granted we won those games, but the writing was on the wall for all to see. Pitt it finally all caught up with us......Now Georgia? If people can't see and admit that Smart took Richt's team and elevated them to being really really good getting to the championship game, then I don't know what to tell them. We are were we are. Richt needs to delegate everything on the offensive side of the ball and needs to let go of his Son.

Georgia would of loss that game against Kentucky under Richt.

UGA looks like they are on a completely different level. Comparable to Clemson, Ohio State honestly. They almost beat Bama for the title. A couple of years prior to the NC game, Richt got obliterated at home against Bama like 37-3.

As for you UGA/Richt fans who wants Richt to stay here, GTFOH. Don't get rid of a guy then tell another team who hired him to keep him just because you like him (not enough to keep though) as a person when we BOTH know he isn't good at his MAIN job. What are we? your little brother? Telling us to just be happy with your hand me down toy (coach) while you're on to bigger and better things? FOH! Take ya *** bad to Gawgah.

Not a richt fan, I was thought the guy would win, he lost me after Virginia, I’m hoping we lose out! We have talent and he is not the guy! Thanks for throwing me in that group without knowing me. Go look at my post over the past three weeks. I was very upset with the way he handled Kayaa we had enough talent to win several of those 4 games we lost.

Advertisement
Kirby corched his way out of a title last year and without the playoff he wouldn’t sniff a natty. Richt would’ve made the playoffs too. Let’s not crown Kirby bc he had one good year and blew it. He got curb stomped by LSU for Christ sakes.
Nobody is beating Bama so it doesn’t matter anyway

Richt couldn't even make an SEC championship game with Matt Stafford, AJ Green, and Knowshon Moreno. Of course they could have won a bunch of ships without that slow minded fool

Richt couldn't even make an SEC championship game with Matt Stafford, AJ Green, and Knowshon Moreno. Of course they could have won a bunch of ships without that slow minded fool
That's really embarrassing. You have three guys who made it to the NFL and played some meaningful downs. Two of which, are still in the NFL.

Advertisement
Yo @The Franchise

Do you remember the convo's we had from the old board....it was around the time when Shannon was the HC and we talked about how a coach is only as good as his network of coaches and how the best coaches are usually those guys that went and coached in Timbutkto at **** stain University, went 1-9, 0-10, 3-7...you know paid real dues in places they had no choice but to get creative due to lack of talent...those type of coaches usually have a vast netowrk of really good coaches they can pull from and hire on top of being **** good coaches themselves.

Check Richt's history as an assistant and he fits the bill of someone like Shannon...someone with a weak network whose been gravy trained to all of his jobs...imho it explains his asst coach hires, lack of true creativity as an offensive play caller and being an average HC.

Not surprisingly you missed the point...

When Maimi hired Richt the board felt that if Richt could win 9 and 10 games a year at UGA that it would translate to championships at Miami. Their thought was that Richt would not be able to get the talent at UGA that he could at Miami.

As it turns it, once Richt left UGA they started to perform better and once Richt got to Maimi he started to perform worse. This suggests that UGA had / has much better talent than Miami and they won 9 and 10 games a season despite Richt and not because of him.

this is correct.

what makes it all the more telling, is that richt was unranked in 4 out of the last 7 seasons he was HC at Georgia. So, either the talent wasn't all there, and Kirby Smart is doing "more with less," or .... the talent was there and richt didn't coach it very well. it has to be one or the other, it can't be both, and it can't be neither.

Advertisement
Mark Richt through three years at Uga
32-8

Kirby Smart
32-10

Lolllllll
I never understand this argument. Richt wasn’t fired for his first 3 years at UGA. He was fired because he lost his passion and/or the game passed him by. That’s why kirby’s been to the playoffs and won his conference while mark richt is unemployed. If Richt kept performing like he did his first 3 years at UGA, he’d still be coaching.

Advertisement
It is impossible for me to put into words how disappointed I am in the Mark Richt attack posts. How in the world can you post that hate without attacking his son, his wife and other kids? Then you neglect to point out his worthless parents for had they not brought him into this world we wouldn't have had to suffer like Hilary Clinton during a polygraph test.

Then you never mentioned Coker, Shannon, Golden, Shalala, Kaaya, Rosier, Blake James, Glenn Sharpe, et al. whom should all have been tortured, hung by their toes, while living out their final days on earth in a Turkish prison.

Making matters even worse you didn't thank Nevin Shapiro for his well intentioned efforts to make the "U", the"U" again. You do know that had Nevin received more support from the Canes administration and we the overly educated/knowledgeable fans today our players would be swimming in performance enhancing drugs and breaking every NCAA rule ever printed.

Hopefully, we as the brilliant fans that we are will come together and fund a statue of Nevin to be placed on the 50 yard line of the indoor practice facility as a reminder of the greatness we could have had (the administration should allocate the million dollars that Richt donated to the "U" as a down payment on the statue).

If nothing more...this message board should have a standing rule that every thread and every post contained therein should have at least one sentence degrading/attacking Mark Richt, because as we all know he is the cause of every problem we have in our very important lives and is the worst human being to have ever been on this earth.

Last edited:
I never understand this argument. Richt wasn’t fired for his first 3 years at UGA. He was fired because he lost his passion and/or the game passed him by. That’s why kirby’s been to the playoffs and won his conference while mark richt is unemployed. If Richt kept performing like he did his first 3 years at UGA, he’d still be coaching.

It’s not an argument. It’s a fact that kirby hasn’t taken UGA to some new level that they didn’t go to under richt. Sorry you can’t understand that.

It’s not an argument. It’s a fact that kirby hasn’t taken UGA to some new level that they didn’t go to under richt. Sorry you can’t understand that.

I’ll say this. Kurbs is recruiting at a higher level than Rick ever recruited at UGA. The puppies are recruiting at a bammer level. Rick recruited well at UGA, but not at Kurb’s level.

Not even close...the boosters have really loosened up the purse strings big time for country boy Kurby.

If he doesn’t win a NATTY or get them into the playoffs five years straight Bama-$tyle, he may end up being a bigger “corch” as Andrew uses the phrase.

...and so far he’s starting to look a little corchy to me.

Advertisement
Back