I guess Trayone Gray has no shot of qualifying.....

The University need to open a small prep school on campus as an "out-reach" program to help local kids get a quality education. Then we can put kids like this in there and keep them. Give its grads a little "exception" status to Miami higher admission standards as part of the community out reach. ****, lets put Luke in charge of it. Maybe so of our old players can come "teach" there. Make checking it out part of every OV-- you know showing our community giving back stuff.

Advertisement
I saw Gray play live once this year. A lot of the local guys I asked told me Gray was "that nlgga," some even said "get the **** away from me" or "give me your wallet."

He probably does have just as much upside as anyone in this class, but it might not matter since I don't believe it's looking good for him to make it in.

He will qualify if he listens to certain ppl. But not for UM. Carol City dont give grades to.their players. What a shame though. I doubt he makes it out of JUCO with a 2.5. Cant even get that in an inner city school.

No mention of him on campus this weekend.

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class and is the answer we are looking for at RB.

Hope he gets it together at prep school. If given the chance to play QB at prep, I predict he will become a very highly sought after prospect at the position. Nobody else recruited him this year because his grades are so bad.

I'm talking Auburn....Nick Marshall.....Cam Newton.......Heisman type player.

35.jpg

Advertisement
Gray should have at least been a low 4 star athlete When it come to academics amongst athletes from Carol city they seem to struggle to qualify. 2013 Quarterback Akeem Jones had to go Juco, hopefully Aubrey Hill can change that culture.

The question for Gray is does he go to prep for a semester and enroll in Jan or is he JUCO bound for a couple years?
I could be wrong, but I don't think this staff has brought in anybody the following year after having to go the prep route.

One of his coaches said that he just needs a qualifying test score

That's not quite what he said. That was Aubrey Hill. He said Gray had really improved his Grades but needed to work in his test score. He never actually said his GPA was high enough to qualify though.

Advertisement
The question for Gray is does he go to prep for a semester and enroll in Jan or is he JUCO bound for a couple years?
I could be wrong, but I don't think this staff has brought in anybody the following year after having to go the prep route.

One of his coaches said that he just needs a qualifying test score

That's not quite what he said. That was Aubrey Hill. He said Gray had really improved his Grades but needed to work in his test score. He never actually said his GPA was high enough to qualify though.

Uh, that's not the coach I talked to but yea

Lamont mentioned Grays name in his story in CS. So he did visit. His grades are better. The issue is the SAT.

Not this staff but Kevin Everett was one we got after we placed him. One we placed in Juco and signed was the DE from Tampa that played on the 2001 NC team. I believe that Devin Hester and Big Vince also had to prep for a year. Also the RB from Tennessee during the Coker years.

Advertisement

Gadbois

Lockhart, too, no? They tried to sign and place him as well but it didn't work out.
Forgot about Gadbois. I didn't remember us being in it with Lockhart until he was already at Prep. Never mind then. It just seemed like whenever a kid ends up having to go to prep, the school just goes in a different direction the next year. Ultimately it's on the kids not getting their grades in order.

That's still the rule. Uphill battle with our bull**** admission policies.

Gray should have at least been a low 4 star athlete When it come to academics amongst athletes from Carol city they seem to struggle to qualify. 2013 Quarterback Akeem Jones had to go Juco, hopefully Aubrey Hill can change that culture.

A gator? What change, is he going to teach them how to commit bigger felons or something?

Trayone get's it now and is working hard to make the grades and test scores to gain entry to UM. Don't write the kid off , he has a shot.

No mention of him on campus this weekend.

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class and is the answer we are looking for at RB.

Hope he gets it together at prep school. If given the chance to play QB at prep, I predict he will become a very highly sought after prospect at the position. Nobody else recruited him this year because his grades are so bad.

I'm talking Auburn....Nick Marshall.....Cam Newton.......Heisman type player.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not this staff but Kevin Everett was one we got after we placed him. One we placed in Juco and signed was the DE from Tampa that played on the 2001 NC team. I believe that Devin Hester and Big Vince also had to prep for a year. Also the RB from Tennessee during the Coker years.

Graig Cooper prepped. Vince and Hester did not prep - just took the semester off to qualify, iirc.

I want kids here that have high GPA's..football is secondary..if a kid cant qualify go to alabama or fsu. give me gentleman and scholars please

Advertisement
Back