I guess Trayone Gray has no shot of qualifying.....

canesman

Junior
No mention of him on campus this weekend.

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class and is the answer we are looking for at RB.

Hope he gets it together at prep school. If given the chance to play QB at prep, I predict he will become a very highly sought after prospect at the position. Nobody else recruited him this year because his grades are so bad.

I'm talking Auburn....Nick Marshall.....Cam Newton.......Heisman type player.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class.

Hope he gets it together at prep school. If given the chance to play QB at prep, I predict he will become a very highly sought after prospect at the position. Nobody else recruited him this year because his grades are so bad.

Classy thread title.

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class.

Unhhhhh what????????
Gray is a very talented player but he does not have the most upside of any player in our class, no way. He is not cam newton and how the **** did Marshall's name end up in the same sentence as Cam? Cause they went to the same school? Gray is a stud but stop with the mental gymnastics of making this kid out to be amazing. Exceptional athlete who has a ways to go in finding a position at the next level.......

According to Lamont Gaillard other recruits on the visit with him were Trayone Gray,Treon Harris and Lorenzo Featherston.

Sad....kid has most upside of any player in this class and is the answer we are looking for at RB.

Bobby....

The people in SFLA that understand talent (Bluestein, Fishbein, etc.) have all said the same thing about this kid. He received zero attention because he played for a bad team and had no shot of qualifying all along. Otherwise he would be a 5 star rated player recruited by every major program in the country.

Maybe not Cam good.....but would be a superstar in that Auburn read option system.

Advertisement
The question for Gray is does he go to prep for a semester and enroll in Jan or is he JUCO bound for a couple years?

The question for Gray is does he go to prep for a semester and enroll in Jan or is he JUCO bound for a couple years?
I could be wrong, but I don't think this staff has brought in anybody the following year after having to go the prep route.

Gray was on campus as others have said. Gaillard confirmed her was there.

The fact that he was allowed an OV makes me think he's probably a sign and place more than JUCO at this point. Kid is a tremendous talent and I can't wait for him to see the field here.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I don't think this staff has brought in anybody the following year after having to go the prep route.

They tried with AJL but he still couldn't qualify. My guess is they will do the same with trayone, just have to hope he gets his grades straight.

Bobby....

The people in SFLA that understand talent (Bluestein, Fishbein, etc.) have all said the same thing about this kid. He received zero attention because he played for a bad team and had no shot of qualifying all along. Otherwise he would be a 5 star rated player recruited by every major program in the country.

Maybe not Cam good.....but would be a superstar in that Auburn read option system.

I see I got your Jimmies rustled........
Gray is a stud but stop making him out to be this 5 star can't miss prospect. So what that he played on a terrible team, plenty kids play on terrible teams. The kid is better than he is rated but he doesn't have the most upside in our class let alone in S Florida this year and if he did the experts you listed would have him in their top 5 in the state.

Advertisement
I read one article when they tried he was pretty much doing everything to qualifying taking classes like 7 days a week pretty much. I thought you couldn't visit though if you didn't take any test or anything.I may be wrong though.

Lockhart, too, no? They tried to sign and place him as well but it didn't work out.

Advertisement
Bobby....

I see I got your Jimmies rustled........
Gray is a stud but stop making him out to be this 5 star can't miss prospect. So what that he played on a terrible team, plenty kids play on terrible teams. The kid is better than he is rated but he doesn't have the most upside in our class let alone in S Florida this year and if he did the experts you listed would have him in their top 5 in the state.

I commend him for not transfering like all these other kids.shows hes a team guy and wanted what was best for the team not just him.

Gadbois

Lockhart, too, no? They tried to sign and place him as well but it didn't work out.
Forgot about Gadbois. I didn't remember us being in it with Lockhart until he was already at Prep. Never mind then. It just seemed like whenever a kid ends up having to go to prep, the school just goes in a different direction the next year. Ultimately it's on the kids not getting their grades in order.

Advertisement
Back