I Guess the Black Unis, Socks, and Shoes.....

I say wear them against Virginia.

Against the Hokies and ND I want to see traditional Orange and white.
(But as long as we win I don't really care that much.)

Don't wear them against UVA if it's a day game and it's still 80 degrees

Why not?

It worked out fine last time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahslZLYcF4

That was a 4-8 UVA team and we won by 5?

We won the game and I think you know who the coach was.

I think we would beat them no matter what we wear and no matter what the time the game kicks off this year.

Larry Scott?

Advertisement
They were originally scheduled for a Thursday night game. If the Virginia Tech game is a night game we'll probably see the pants and jersey there. I have my doubts about Richt going anything but orange over white for Notre Dame, night game or not.

Didn't we wear some sort of stupid black uni for a VT night game a couple years ago and get our rears kicked? Our colors are orange, green and white not black. What is the fixation with black unis. We have 5 NCs, did we wear black those years and I missed it? Black shoes, I seem to remember those so that's fine but let's wear what we have won in. We are not some loser school trying to get attention: we have an unbelievable history to try to relieve that. Golden tried to change our DNA, who wants any more of that.

What we should and shouldn't wear isn't really the argument. The black jerseys and helmets aren't a hypothetical. We know they exist. They would've been worn last Thursday if a hurricane hadn't screwed with the schedule. You might get a reprieve from seeing them or you might see them later this year. No night games is your best shot.

I don’t want to wear them against Vag Tech. It seems like every time we wear some alternate uniform against them we get our **** pushed in.

Or all green for that matter...

Oh well. It's in the stream now. I was hoping CMR would put a stop on this uniform carousel BS, it's just a useless distraction and subtracts from the brand. Look at these teams like Okie St, etc that wear different threads every week, you can't even tell who is playing when you flip the channel without the scoreboard or the announcers telling you. We have an iconic look and shouldn't be watering that down. But what's gonna happen, gonna happen...

Advertisement
They were originally scheduled for a Thursday night game. If the Virginia Tech game is a night game we'll probably see the pants and jersey there. I have my doubts about Richt going anything but orange over white for Notre Dame, night game or not.

Didn't we wear some sort of stupid black uni for a VT night game a couple years ago and get our rears kicked? Our colors are orange, green and white not black. What is the fixation with black unis. We have 5 NCs, did we wear black those years and I missed it? Black shoes, I seem to remember those so that's fine but let's wear what we have won in. We are not some loser school trying to get attention: we have an unbelievable history to try to relieve that. Golden tried to change our DNA, who wants any more of that.

What we should and shouldn't wear isn't really the argument. The black jerseys and helmets aren't a hypothetical. We know they exist. They would've been worn last Thursday if a hurricane hadn't screwed with the schedule. You might get a reprieve from seeing them or you might see them later this year. No night games is your best shot.

Al Golden exist also; I still don't ever want to see him again. I'm not in love with the all green and I hate the all orange but at least they are our colors.

Advertisement
Back