I Got the New Coach Answer!!

I might not be the first one to suggest him, but this guy has the prime time team experience, runs a pro style offense, is a "great" recruiter and has a kiss my A$$ ****iness that would thrive here in SoFL. Plus he could make Mario Cristobal his Offensive coordinator! He is none other than Lane Kiffin

Advertisement
He's had good success as a HC. I think he's over .500, so that's a positive check for him. And Mario has done a great job coordinating the offense at Bama, so there's another positive check.

The only downside to your proposal is that we have a HC who is young and vibrant and not thinking of retiring any time soon.

He failed at TN and USC. EVERYONE succeeds at Bama with Satan. That said, I would take anyone to get rid of Golden. I think the problem with Kiffin is players are not afraid of him. It seems to me the best coaches have got a little fear thing going. JJ, Butch, Shula(young), Saban and many others put some fear into players. Dennis had some great x's and o's, but program fell apart under him because players "liked" him too much. Old St Bobby pulled the scholarship on that poor kicked from the 1st Wide Right. He was not the nice "ah shucks" guy they painted until he got old.

The same people who hired Golden, Shannon, and Coker will hire the next guy. I'm sure, without a doubt, they will get it right next time. Right?

The same people who hired Golden, Shannon, and Coker will hire the next guy. I'm sure, without a doubt, they will get it right next time. Right?

They won't, which is why I argue that Miami football as we once knew it is dead and never coming back.

Advertisement
I might not be the first one to suggest him, but this guy has the prime time team experience, runs a pro style offense, is a "great" recruiter and has a kiss my A$$ ****iness that would thrive here in SoFL. Plus he could make Mario Cristobal his Offensive coordinator! He is none other than Lane Kiffin

He's the only college assistant I think would be in the running.

But he's definitely going to have to be less "buddy-buddy" at his next HC job. Kids don't want to play for their big brother ... There is not enough respect. But they'll play for dad, granddad, or uncle.

If Kiffin still plans on being the "older brother" playing a video game with live college kids, he's not going to be successful. But if he comes with enough maturity, he'd be a good hire if Golden is out next year.

He'd certainly be good with QB development and running the offense ...

He's had good success as a HC. I think he's over .500, so that's a positive check for him. And Mario has done a great job coordinating the offense at Bama, so there's another positive check.

The only downside to your proposal is that we have a HC who is young and vibrant and not thinking of retiring any time soon.

lmao.

Advertisement
He failed at Tenn and USC despite having unlimited resources. He is a complete *******, who cant keep it in his pants. He has zero chance here.

I remember reading an article about what HC job most likely top assistants would end up as and Kiffin was tied to Miami, but i dont think going for an offensive mind is best for HC if we would go get a new staff after this coming season. I think it would make more sense maybe keeping an eye on Patt narduzzis first year at Pitt, idk much other than his work as coordinator as MSU's DC, but hey if he can turn Pitt's D bearable in one year then HC for Miami would be great, but i would really REALLY need Mario Crsitobal for OC job too

Advertisement
I agree ... Kiffin failed at USC.

But how did he fail at Tennessee?

And being an a-hole is almost a prerequisite for being an elite HC. That's doesn't bother me, at all.

He failed at Tenn and USC despite having unlimited resources. He is a complete *******, who cant keep it in his pants. He has zero chance here.

Advertisement
Don't Bama and FSU run pro-set?

They've won titles ...

Michigan State, LSU, UGA, Boise State, and Stanford are all pro-set, and they do pretty well, too.

Pro or spread doesn't matter. It's just about getting the best coach available, IMO.

What is yall's obsession with the Pro Style offense?

Its a great sell to get the better QB recruits

Its a great sell but which pro style team made it the championship this year?

Even the pro teams arent running a pro style now a days

Jeremy Pruitt

That's my guy. Proven coordinator, great recruiter, young, SEC ties....people love him.

Hes the next great one.

Advertisement
Back