I get why people are frustrated, but they need to stop being football chicks

NorthFlaCane

Senior
This is the first year with a new coaching staff, a bunch of transfers, injuries, and position changes, and we were already a mentally weak bunch that folds under adversity. You've got to expect some tough losses, some boneheaded plays, and some frustrating moments.

But this year's team is better than last year's. We executed well for most of the day against FSU. Obviously we made more mistakes than we could compensate for, but we didn't give up, didn't get blown out, and generally looked like the better team.

Just think what bowl practice (I'm sure we can beat one of USF and BC, probably both) and then spring practice will do for the guys on this team. Many of the issues we are having this year are due to inexperience or due to a guy who was never coached up before this season (Travis Benjamin).

Things look dark now, but this team has the seeds in place to be a powerful program. Anyone who says this team is not well coached simply doesn't know what the **** they are talking about.

Advertisement
I agree. This team never gives up.

Its just frustrating to have guys like TB and Hurns make that many mistakes. I also wasn't a fan of Fisch using Morris, Jacory had a good rhythm going before that pick in the endzone which was set up by that horrible 2nd down play with Morris.

BTW our Safety play is probably worse then our CB play. VT has to run about a 5.0 40, Rodgers confirmed why RRA has to play and Highsmith is JAG.

Our safety situation should be reasonable next year. Rodgers messed up on that play, but that's not a mistake he can't fix. Besides that play, he did alright. VT and RR are back, for whatever that is worth, along with Highsmith. Then we also get Dallas Crawford in the rotation along with at least one JUCO.

Our safety situation should be reasonable next year. Rodgers messed up on that play, but that's not a mistake he can't fix. Besides that play, he did alright. VT and RR are back, for whatever that is worth, along with Highsmith. Then we also get Dallas Crawford in the rotation along with at least one JUCO.

Besides that play.... that was the game!!!!!

Besides that play.... that was the game!!!!!

Yeah, and next year he'll either learn and make the right play or we'll be playing someone else. That's the point, our team is thin, our guys are young, and we're still very close. Its not going to take much improvement to get us back to dominance.

Advertisement
Boils down to a few simple things here.

1. We ain't good
2. We ain't smart
3. We ain't tough
4. We can't block
5. We can't tackle
6. We can't cover
7. We are inconsistent
8. We commit too many penalties in crucial situations
9. We commit too many turnovers in crucial situations
10. All of the above. Rinse,wash repeat and we are a middle of the pack team for almost a decade now.

In Golden's first year, we were far more competitive on the road than we were at home in Blandy's fourth.

Moving forward, we'll be fine.

We were beaten by double digits 5 times last year. That hasn't happened once this season.

We've lost some heartbreakers usually through stupidity or inexperience, but a lot has been fixed.

Advertisement

1. We ain't good
2. We ain't smart
3. We ain't tough
4. We can't block
5. We can't tackle
6. We can't cover
7. We are inconsistent
10. All of the above. Rinse,wash repeat and we are a middle of the pack team for almost a decade now.

11. We are slow on both sides of the ball.

1. We ain't good
2. We ain't smart
3. We ain't tough
4. We can't block
5. We can't tackle
6. We can't cover
7. We are inconsistent

Slow both physically and mentally.

1. We ain't good
2. We ain't smart
3. We ain't tough
4. We can't block
5. We can't tackle
6. We can't cover
7. We are inconsistent

Slow both physically and mentally.

To put it bluntly, slow and stupid. Not a recipe for success.

Advertisement
I was expecting to get handled today. It irks me that we blew a chance to beat those ********.

We're not that far off...we've just got to find a way to get over the hump and win these close games rather than come up short. The difference between this year's team and last year's is tangible...we'll be back soon.

God we made some boneheaded mistakes today, though.

Advertisement
We're not that far off...we've just got to find a way to get over the hump and win these close games rather than come up short. The difference between this year's team and last year's is tangible...we'll be back soon.

God we made some boneheaded mistakes today, though.

I see a team that is improving despite having to rely on some players who would be losing their playing time if there was a deeper bench. I'm looking forward to having well-coached depth.

LMAO at this team being better than last year. Last years Ohio st teams beats this team by 40 atleast. This team is worse stat wise in almost every facet.

We lost th dam game and basiclaly beat ouselves but instead of looking at the game someone comes up with the retarded state,ent that we're better than last years team to make themselves feel better. Stupid.

We aren't talented or deep enough. I wouldn't expect much until at least 2013.

I keep hearing the word depth and now I'm begginning to wonder if this is becoming the most over used internet cliche around here behind player development.

LMAO at this team being better than last year. Last years Ohio st teams beats this team by 40 atleast. This team is worse stat wise in almost every facet.

We lost th dam game and basiclaly beat ouselves but instead of looking at the game someone comes up with the retarded state,ent that we're better than last years team to make themselves feel better. Stupid.
Disagree. Good to hear from you Randy. ;-)

Advertisement
Back