I get why people are frustrated, but they need to stop being football chicks

Where we need the most depth (and I think most will agree) is up front. Our OL depth is ok now, but we really need to work on the DL (again, I know its pretty obvious)

Advertisement
We aren't talented or deep enough. I wouldn't expect much until at least 2013.

I keep hearing the word depth and now I'm begginning to wonder if this is becoming the most over used internet cliche around here behind player development.

How long have you been following UM football? Perhaps you should look at the roster when Portis was here? Can you remember a few UM QB's who had to wait in line for their turn. Who was the freshman that used to go in for Dan Morgan?

Somebody please enlighten this guy.

Who was Ken Dorsey's back up? Who backed up Sean taylor in 2002? Maurice Sikes? even the great Miami teams had depth issues at certain positions. Pay attention to the dam game.

I see you disagree. So what would happen if Dorsey or Taylor got sick or hurt? Too theoretical? What happened when McGahee got hurt in the MNC game with Ohio State?

Where we need the most depth (and I think most will agree) is up front. Our OL depth is ok now, but we really need to work on the DL (again, I know its pretty obvious)

How deep do you gusy think we need to be on the d-line? how many guys should we be playing on a givin saturday? let's start there.

We aren't talented or deep enough. I wouldn't expect much until at least 2013.

I keep hearing the word depth and now I'm begginning to wonder if this is becoming the most over used internet cliche around here behind player development.

How long have you been following UM football? Perhaps you should look at the roster when Portis was here? Can you remember a few UM QB's who had to wait in line for their turn. Who was the freshman that used to go in for Dan Morgan?

Somebody please enlighten this guy.

Who was Ken Dorsey's back up? Who backed up Sean taylor in 2002? Maurice Sikes? even the great Miami teams had depth issues at certain positions. Pay attention to the dam game.

I see you disagree. So what would happen if Dorsey or Taylor got sick or hurt? Too theoretical? What happened when McGahee got hurt in the MNC game with Ohio State?

My point is most every team has depth issues at a givin position in a ginvin year. It's really that simple.

((YAWN)) how many categories are there stats wise? the truth is we are worse in almosy every category stats wise so you can't use them as a reason. You still haven't shown how this team is better than last year.

LMAO @ "how many categories are there stats wise," and your made up comment about QB rating when you haven't proven a god**** thing except your typical, "we're worse cause i say so" nonsense. You say we're worse in almost every category statswise so I can't use them as a reason, then when I post a bunch of stats where we've improved and shown you to be completely full of ****, you do your YAWN/rollingeyes emoticon. Stop talking in circles, bring something to the discussion, or go back to canestime.

You proved me right by showing the few stats that we;ve improved upon clown. Almost all the other stats are worse than last year. FACT.

You still haven't showed how this team is better than last year. It's obviuos by now that you can't so shut the **** up with that stat BS.

Showing Qb rating doesn't mean the team imporved. It mean the Qb improved. Are you ****** dumb? You say miami is a better team b/c Harris has a 157 qb rating as opposed to 119? LMAO. You said the dumb chit not me.

Is the QB not a part of the team? Does his improvement not indicate good coaching? Keep asking if I'm stupid because you can't put together a coherent argument, that's working out real well for you.

As for the stats, I posted 9 that showed improvement over last season. There's more that I didn't include. You're acting like we've gotten worse in almost every category when the proof says you're lying through your teeth. For as much as you want to talk about the defense, the fact is that on a PPG basis, they're pretty much right on pace with last year's team. And I won't be surprised if they end up improving from last year in that category by the end of the season. LOL @ shut the **** up with the stat BS. YOU were the one that brought that into the discussion, and now that you've been proven full of chit, you're talking in circles as usual.

Advertisement
LMAO at this team being better than last year. Last years Ohio st teams beats this team by 40 atleast. This team is worse stat wise in almost every facet.

We lost th dam game and basiclaly beat ouselves but instead of looking at the game someone comes up with the retarded state,ent that we're better than last years team to make themselves feel better. Stupid.

We're not better than last year, we're about the same. That's what the record says. However we were a lot more talented last year. If you could put the three corners from last year plus McCarthy, Bailey, and Hankerson on this team, there's no way we'd be 5-5. That neglects the fact that they're adjusting to a new system (not the case last year) and some guys who were supposed to be important have hardly played (Vernon, Forston, Armstrong, even Seantrel). I'm not all that thrilled with 5-5 but I can see these guys doing a lot more with what they have.

According to AgendaNights the talent level's the same and all the guys we had go to the NFL are just sorry *** excuses.

link? show me where i said that?

You know **** well you've said that multiple times over in the Lounge. Every time all the talent we lost was brought up, your standard response was, "puzzy *** excuses".

((YAWN)) how many categories are there stats wise? the truth is we are worse in almosy every category stats wise so you can't use them as a reason. You still haven't shown how this team is better than last year.

LMAO @ "how many categories are there stats wise," and your made up comment about QB rating when you haven't proven a god**** thing except your typical, "we're worse cause i say so" nonsense. You say we're worse in almost every category statswise so I can't use them as a reason, then when I post a bunch of stats where we've improved and shown you to be completely full of ****, you do your YAWN/rollingeyes emoticon. Stop talking in circles, bring something to the discussion, or go back to canestime.

You proved me right by showing the few stats that we;ve improved upon clown. Almost all the other stats are worse than last year. FACT.

You still haven't showed how this team is better than last year. It's obviuos by now that you can't so shut the **** up with that stat BS.

Showing Qb rating doesn't mean the team imporved. It mean the Qb improved. Are you ****** dumb? You say miami is a better team b/c Harris has a 157 qb rating as opposed to 119? LMAO. You said the dumb chit not me.

Is the QB not a part of the team?

The QB is part of the team but him improving doesn't mean the team got better it means HE AS A PLAYER got better. Not the samething.

Does his improvement not indicate good coaching? Keep asking if I'm stupid because you can't put together a coherent argument, that's working out real well for you.

A coherent argument is not saying a team is better b/c the qb improved and your coaching comment works both ways. Are certain players who are playing worse getting worse coaching? When things go well you guys attribute that to coaching. When things go south you blame the player or Shannon.

As for the stats, I posted 9 that showed improvement over last season.

9? you mean 8. Qb rating is an indivual thing not a team thing. What does qb rating have to do with the defense or special teams? LMAO. Can't believe i had to break you down like this. We're talking about overall improvement as TEAM.

There's more that I didn't include.

like what? 5 yards passes in the 4th qtr?

[QUOTE}You're acting like we've gotten worse in almost every category when the proof says you're lying through your teeth.

Miami is worse than last yeaqr in most every category. You named 8, if that i named a bunch more.

[QUOTE}For as much as you want to talk about the defense, the fact is that on a PPG basis, they're pretty much right on pace with last year's team. And I won't be surprised if they end up improving from last year in that category by the end of the season. LOL @ shut the **** up with the stat BS. YOU were the one that brought that into the discussion, and now that you've been proven full of chit, you're talking in circles as usual.[/QUOTE]

The defense is worse than last year plain and simple. Total defense, pass defense, rush defense, int's, sacks, tfls, third down % etc etc all worse.

So when a QB, and in turn the passing offense as a whole, sees a large improvement over the previous season, that doesn't mean that section of the team got better? Ok. QB rating signifies that the QUARTERBACK, A PART OF THE TEAM, improved. I never said anything about defense or special teams, but as usual, since you can't formulate a decent argument, you inferred that I somehow indicated that they were somehow tied to QB rating. Typical Nights.

Quarterback and passing game as a whole IMPROVED AS A TEAM. Special teams overall IMPROVED AS A TEAM. They fell apart yesterday but for the season as a whole, it's been an improvement over last year. Penalties IMPROVED AS A TEAM.

The defense is not improved, but they lost a ton of talent and despite that they're still giving up about the same amount of points per game as last year's unit. I'm sure you're just going to say that the talent is there and that lack of depth and what not is just more puzzy *** excuses, but you seem to be the only one that actually thinks there's legit talent on this defense.

Advertisement
LMAO at this team being better than last year. Last years Ohio st teams beats this team by 40 atleast. This team is worse stat wise in almost every facet.

We lost th dam game and basiclaly beat ouselves but instead of looking at the game someone comes up with the retarded state,ent that we're better than last years team to make themselves feel better. Stupid.

We're not better than last year, we're about the same. That's what the record says. However we were a lot more talented last year. If you could put the three corners from last year plus McCarthy, Bailey, and Hankerson on this team, there's no way we'd be 5-5. That neglects the fact that they're adjusting to a new system (not the case last year) and some guys who were supposed to be important have hardly played (Vernon, Forston, Armstrong, even Seantrel). I'm not all that thrilled with 5-5 but I can see these guys doing a lot more with what they have.

This should pretty much end the discussion. Good post PennMed.

Lost 5 games within 10 points, would have been nice to win one or two of those close ones.

So when a QB, and in turn the passing offense as a whole, sees a large improvement over the previous season, that doesn't mean that section of the team got better? Ok. QB rating signifies that the QUARTERBACK, A PART OF THE TEAM, improved. I never said anything about defense or special teams, but as usual, since you can't formulate a decent argument, you inferred that I somehow indicated that they were somehow tied to QB rating. Typical Nights.

Quarterback and passing game as a whole IMPROVED AS A TEAM. Special teams overall IMPROVED AS A TEAM. They fell apart yesterday but for the season as a whole, it's been an improvement over last year. Penalties IMPROVED AS A TEAM.

The defense is not improved, but they lost a ton of talent and despite that they're still giving up about the same amount of points per game as last year's unit. I'm sure you're just going to say that the talent is there and that lack of depth and what not is just more puzzy *** excuses, but you seem to be the only one that actually thinks there's legit talent on this defense.

There are more bad things about this team than good. Simple as that.

And you haven't show me how this years team is better than last years team. That's the whole point of this. Comical to thing that gaining 10 more yards per return and a higher qb rating means the team is better. The team has improved in certain aspects but that doesn't mean the whole team is better overall. it's worse. ST's may have been 9 yards worse last year but they didn't cost us a game.

Why do people still engage in debate with Nights? At this point, dude is a broken record with no ability to look at things objectively. He's not a Miami fan, that's for **** sure.

Advertisement
Not so's you'd notice.

A quarterback rating is also a factor of blocking and protecting that quarterback. As in OLine. While it's attributed to an individual, it's actually a team quantification.

This is the first time in forever that we are not giving up in the second half. That, gentlemen, is progress.

Not so's you'd notice.

A quarterback rating is also a factor of blocking and protecting that quarterback. As in OLine. While it's attributed to an individual, it's actually a team quantification.

This is the first time in forever that we are not giving up in the second half. That, gentlemen, is progress.

Looking for anything else but the little things is futile. We're not that good....but we are improving...a blind mind can see it.

Why do people still engage in debate with Nights? At this point, dude is a broken record with no ability to look at things objectively. He's not a Miami fan, that's for **** sure.

I'll be at the Notre Dame game nexy year in chi town. If anybody has any questions about my fan hood they can be addressed then. I predict it will be more of the same. No one wil have anything to say in real life.

Advertisement

I'll be at the Notre Dame game nexy year in chi town. If anybody has any questions about my fan hood they can be addressed then. I predict it will be more of the same. No one wil have anything to say in real life.

You seriously have issues...now you are internet tough guy? I have to say, every board has a resident douche, I guess you are ours.

Boils down to a few simple things here.

1. We ain't good
2. We ain't smart
3. We ain't tough
4. We can't block
5. We can't tackle
6. We can't cover
7. We are inconsistent
8. We commit too many penalties in crucial situations
9. We commit too many turnovers in crucial situations
10. All of the above. Rinse,wash repeat and we are a middle of the pack team for almost a decade now.

Nothing's changed

Advertisement
Back