I Found our new headcoach!

Advertisement
This is exactly how I coach on madden , I dont care if I'm up 60 , I'm still throwing the ball to the last seconds every point counts lol

LoL, exactly man, cause the only comeback itll be, if they comeback and play us next week!

I was made at JJ for not running up the score against ND. We needed to score 80. I remember Ara pulling his starters because hey were up a bunch against us. Then we scored a TD and he had them suit back up and put them in. Guy was a smuck but media gave him free pass. The one thing I like about St Bobby was he admitted to running up the score. Football in the South is more important life and death. Everyone knows it so stop crying and take out some knees if you can't stop them any other way.

Advertisement
To me using words like "ethical", "unethical" or "barbaric" in the context of high school football or any level for that matter is completely ridiculous. Were not talking about breaking rules in order to win as that would be unethical. We are talking about leaving your starters in for 3 full quarters and continuing to play aggressively even when the outcome is no longer in doubt. This particular coach also makes a good point in terms of his players not being accustomed to playing a full game if they are all pulled at halftime. To me the whole sportsmanship angle in relation to this is a bit overblown imo. We are talking about a game for starters and second of all the goal is to win a state title and pulling all his starters at halftime was having negative effects on his team in the playoffs.

I know I may be in the minority here but I have always believed that you play full out for 4 quarters every game and give no quarter nor expect it from the other team. If a team loses by 70 points they need to look in the mirror and get better not cry about sportsmanship. In essence that is a life lesson. When you go into a situation unprepared or you are simply not good enough, it is going to show and it's on you to get better and fix it. Life gives no quarter so I hardly think that running up the score is barbaric. It is what it is. If the losing team doesn't like the feeling of losing 90-3 than they need to do better.
I agree in playing a full game. I used to hate when Larry Coker would call of the dogs early. I believe this taught the team to coast and was the reason the 2001 team struggled in the BC and VT, and a number of games in 2002. Including the Fiesta Bowl.

I will say if this high school team is beating nearly everyone in the regular season by 60-70 points, apparently for years, they need to move up to a more competitive division. They clearly aren’t playing teams of equal talent.

Don't they have rules in HS to prevent this? Like running time in the second half if it's 35+ points, and perhaps even calling off the game if the deficit gets to a certain point.

Advertisement
The issue was not pulling starters when up near 50 at the half.
Yeah, but the coach has it right. If you bench starters all year long at halftime, they are not conditioned for the playoffs, where they will have to play 4 quarters.

Yeah, but the coach has it right. If you bench starters all year long at halftime, they are not conditioned for the playoffs, where they will have to play 4 quarters.
I agree. Pulling starters too early affects conditioning and mindset. Larry Coker drove me crazy when he called off the dogs too early. This nearly cost Miami the 2001 NC by almost losing the BC and VT games.

My only issue is if this HS team is constantly beating their regular season competition by 60-70-80 points they need to move up and play better competition.

I agree. Pulling starters too early affects conditioning and mindset. Larry Coker drove me crazy when he called off the dogs too early. This nearly cost Miami the 2001 NC by almost losing the BC and VT games.

My only issue is if this HS team is constantly beating their regular season competition by 60-70-80 points they need to move up and play better competition.
Yeah, or at least dial back the play calling when up so big. You can keep the starters in, but maybe do so and work on fundamentals. Certainly work the clock.

No broken bones? You didn't win. At least on defense.

Advertisement
This is why fans don't know ****......the type of.people hiring are just like the fans.....so if any random runs up the score he's a good HC?

I'm sure if Manny were capable of running up the score he would. He just can't

Can he recruit and can he micro manage?

Halftime Hitler? Lmao, more like King of the Munchkins...

They play against some of the weakest comp in the South Texas region.

Put them up against schools Duncanville, North Shore, Katy, Lamar, Carroll, Guyer, Shadow Creek, Carthage, Lake Travis, Allen, Cedar Hill, Longview, Fort Bend Marshall, Desoto etc.. They get rolled by the same scores they beat everybody else by.

I have no problem with him running up the score, but the reality is they don't play anybody, there's tons more schools in TX that play way tougher competition. But good for him for winning indiscriminately.

Advertisement

I agree they should be in another league (or whatever), but doesn't that go by school size? I'm not sure you can just move up because you're really good. Either way, he's in that league so those other teams gotta get beat down.

Other than Blackvern or uncle luke would anyone complain if we blew out FSU by 90? Yeah didn’t think so

Advertisement
Back