I feel we are limiting Gilbert Frierson, like to see Gurvan in slot.

Florida game..I honest don’t get the disdain by some of this guy..is he a all America, all acc type player no. But he has not been a liability back there as much as he’s made out to be..and as far as Gil he’s having a fantastic year and is a upgrade. Keontra I agree but idk where he’s getting those snaps at tbh

He averages .5 targeting penalties a game. He's a massive F@#$!NG liability.

Advertisement
IMO Smith needs to be on the field. He's too explosive of an athlete to be sitting behind anybody.

I don't even understand the logic behind having Carter at Safety. He's stiff, not rangy, I don't think he's EVER made a play on the football since he's been here and he gets kicked out of every game.

What would your plan/lineups be Macho?

And do you see a reason why we play so much zone with huge cushions? Statistically I think the bend but don't break is working, but God **** as a fan it is painful to see over and over. I'd love to see some more press mixed in.

What would your plan/lineups be Macho?

And do you see a reason why we play so much zone with huge cushions? Statistically I think the bend but don't break is working, but God **** as a fan it is painful to see over and over. I'd love to see some more press mixed in.
Not macho but vs UVA they played zone out of respect for qb run which was their best offense. In man you have guys playing with their back to the line of scrimmage and huge scrambling opportunities arise. Zone allows them to watch the qb while covering on passing plays.

He averages .5 targeting penalties a game. He's a massive F@#$!NG liability.
Well you can’t avg 5 targeting penalties per game..that’s impossible. The rule as it stands is BS. I get it but intent needs to come into play. It should not be a automatic ejection. I’m not gunna hold it against him. The day WRs/RBs/QBs stop ducking their heads into a lot of these targets kids across cfb get would be nice tho. A 6’2 guy tryna Lower his body to hit a 5’7 (the UVA game) on a bang bang play is nearly impossible. Did he deserve the ejection based on the rule, yes. But the rule is still bs

Well you can’t avg 5 targeting penalties per game..that’s impossible. The rule as it stands is BS. I get it but intent needs to come into play. It should not be a automatic ejection. I’m not gunna hold it against him. The day WRs/RBs/QBs stop ducking their heads into a lot of these targets kids across cfb get would be nice tho. A 6’2 guy tryna Lower his body to hit a 5’7 (the UVA game) on a bang bang play is nearly impossible. Did he deserve the ejection based on the rule, yes. But the rule is still bs

Wow. Reading comprehension champ. Give it a try.

Advertisement
Wow. Reading comprehension champ. Give it a try.
@305to954 the post says POINT FIVE targeting penalties per game. As in, he's gotten a targeting penalty every other game.

But I'm the dumb one, because I know the difference represented by an order of magnitude.

dumb the simpsons GIF

Advertisement
Not macho but vs UVA they played zone out of respect for qb run which was their best offense. In man you have guys playing with their back to the line of scrimmage and huge scrambling opportunities arise. Zone allows them to watch the qb while covering on passing plays.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think of that - good point.

Of course you haven't', cause he's seldom in the game. LOL
LOL. I actually see #4 in there alot more then he should be based off his performance.

Im just lukewarm on the hype. Looks great in his uniform but havent seen any plays back up his ability with the limited reps hes given. JMO.

That said, not giving up on the kid by any means. Hes young and this is his first year really seeing any action.

Amari needs the ol thank you for your service handshake at the end of the season. Hate to say it but we are better off if he doesn't come back. He can try a fresh start as a grad transfer senior somewhere else

Or bulk him up 10-15 lbs and put him on the LB depth chart to compete.

But Manny made him Captain instead so dont see either of these happening...
I Heard off the field he is one of the most mature guys on the team, a leader and have his head on straight, he one of them good character kids , probably why he is the captain and but on the field he can’t stop leading with his helmet and getting kicked out , he definitely should switch to LB but with Gil playing the striker role good I’m sure they don’t want to mess his groove up and Avantae Williams hurt this year , you don’t want to risk balom being on the field like against Clemson , maybe next year he makes the switch.

Advertisement
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think of that - good point.
So that covers why you'd play the zone. Baker could still play a less soft zone, however, which would make the short passes much harder.

We have the right personnel to do more cover 1 and some occasional 2 man yet all of these guys out there covering air. The fact anyone from the secondary plays well in this system is somewhat shocking

So that covers why you'd play the zone. Baker could still play a less soft zone, however, which would make the short passes much harder.
I think we’re giving up 21 per..4 out our 6 we held teams under 20. I think we need look at how successful defense is played in 2020 a lot differently. U want to limit explosive plays as much as possible

Advertisement
Carter needs to be on the bench dude is just not good ..Manny need to drop his nuts and play whoever gives us the best chance at winning

Florida game..I honest don’t get the disdain by some of this guy..is he a all America, all acc type player no. But he has not been a liability back there as much as he’s made out to be..and as far as Gil he’s having a fantastic year and is a upgrade. Keontra I agree but idk where he’s getting those snaps at tbh
So in other words he's a JAG?

You had to go back to the Florida game to find the last time he's made a play on the ball? Didn't he also give up a huge catch in that game?

Is he a liability? I don't know. But I know he ain't making plays.

Some of y’all clearly still don’t understand what the striker is doing. Carter would be even worse there than at safety. Lol at carter trying to cover slots and rbs.

So in other words he's a JAG?

You had to go back to the Florida game to find the last time he's made a play on the ball? Didn't he also give up a huge catch in that game?

Is he a liability? I don't know. But I know he ain't making plays.
Lol yes he’s a JAG bro. Idk what y’all expected from him. High 3star . We knew what he brought to the table as a recruit. Imo he’s lived up to that. Solid starter/rotational player. We are thin at safety as we all know. He’s Jamal Carter 2.0 on this board

Advertisement
Back