I Feel Like The Front 7 Is The Key Part Of This Class

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Golden has started filling out the roster and doing a good job of returning Miami to the kind of depth and talent across the board that we are used to. I feel good about most positions, but we really need an influx of talent on the front 7 to add some depth. Harsh truth is there were a lot of non-Miami quality guys on this team. Many of them were at these positions.

Adding a haul of Hooks, Bryant, Bond, Thomas, Grace, and Figueroa would be huge in terms of complimenting kids like Perryman, EJ, Terry, Pierre, etc. Last year we would have guys get nicked up and come out for a few plays, and you'd go from a Miami quality kid to a guy who, in all honesty, should be playing D2 somewhere.

I feel pretty good about how everything else is filling out, but we really need a group of violent talent on the front 7 this year.

/How many DT's are we looking to take?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
For next season, Bond and Hooks are more important than Bryant. Going forward Bryant will be the man though.

Hooks and Bond would be instant contributors. They'd help get us to the ACCCG next year.

Bryant would take a little to mature physically before he can make his impact.

Hooks and Bond - takeout from a nice restaurant
Bryant - a slow smoked beef brisket

Lol Bryant could hold his own with both those guys. He's 30-45 plays a game day one. I'm not sure if you guys are serious. If you think those guys are that much better because they are a year older, your crazy. He might be our one or two best pure DT day one.

Advertisement
In terms of the front 7, bring in 8 players.

1. Bostwick
2. Bryant
3. Williams
4. Thomas
5. Fiq
6. Grace
7. Hooks or Bradley (but I prefer Hooks)
8. Bond

Advertisement
Totally agree with this thread. Our DB's have had a year to ripen, now lets get some "Crazed Dogs" up front to put some pressure so these safeties can roam and make offenses miserable. From Consig's list I think Thomas, Bryant, Bond, the new Figs, and Hooks will contribute from day 1. Grace and T. Will need to don the laundry for a year, which is a nice luxury to have. I am sure the staff, Duke, Deon and others will let these young cats know the best way to put on healthy weight before July. Not sure the status of Bostwick and his grades.

What I like about some of these kids like Thomas, Bond, Grace, Williams, and Figeuroa is their interchangibility. We really need a pash rush off the edges and linebackers who can play in space against teams which spread us out. As small as this class is, we need to find 4-5 instant contributors on the front 7 to get this D respectable again.

It's rare that any DT makes a presence from Day 1. Look at our star-studded past, most of the guys did not make an impact their first year. Look around the country now and in the recent past and show me how many guys made an impact. Statistically, it isn't common.

Advertisement
It's rare that any DT makes a presence from Day 1. Look at our star-studded past, most of the guys did not make an impact their first year. Look around the country now and in the recent past and show me how many guys made an impact. Statistically, it isn't common.

I agree, but are you excluding JUCOs?

Last frosh DT we had come in and make an impact was Vince Wilfork

This. It takes a special breed of DT to make a splash year 1. Don't expect it.

They would have to have the size and strength at the bare minimum. Remember, they are going against 6-4, 300 lb OL guys just as strong as they are so they can no longer rely on sheer mass to get past dudes.

That's why I think Hooks is more important to this class than Bryant. Don't get me wrong, Bryant is gonna be big down the road but this team is capable of competing in the next 2 years if we get some good DL play, and Hooks can provide that in the next 2 years.

Advertisement
Back