I feel badly for Bernie Kosar.

still living here in weston. daughter filmed her movie at the gym i go to. the rock goes there as well.

Advertisement
Let's make him QB consultant. He still know more about playing QB and winning big games than the entire staff combined.

I really worry about the guy taking his own life. You've got depression, substance abuse and a history of concussions. All it takes is one of those to be at risk.

Truly sad to watch this happen to anyone, especially a Cane legend.

Why no QB corch to help out? Doesn't need to be BK, OC in waiting type to bring in some good ideas. We have RB, WR, and OL but no QB asst... Come on man.

Advertisement
you do realize he has been blessed with more opportunities, good fortune and success than anyone posting on this board.
with respect to the rest of the U Family, i'm going to give my best wishes to Jim Kelly and his family. I'll pray for the playmaker who learned from his mistakes. I'll wish for Sean Taylor's children. Bernie needs to grow the fvck up, stop ******* up and shut the fvck up.

you do realize he has been blessed with more opportunities, good fortune and success than anyone posting on this board.
with respect to the rest of the U Family, i'm going to give my best wishes to Jim Kelly and his family. I'll pray for the playmaker who learned from his mistakes. I'll wish for Sean Taylor's children. Bernie needs to grow the fvck up, stop ******* up and shut the fvck up.

Boom!

Him getting fired simply shows you cant speak your mind. Gotta always **** rainbow and sunshine on tv...uh oh, might a hurt that millionaire's feelings cause he couldnt do his job. Then we have to listen to ******* retards like Joe theisman

Throw that first amendment right out the window

And on top of that. That clip of kosar regardless of how he said it was one of the more informative and actually accurate commentary ive heard in years..most of these ******** that are in the booth dont even know what theyre talking about

Advertisement
I SAY WE ROLL OL' SKOOL AND CONTRACT BERNIE TO TEAM UP WITH LAMAR THOMAS TO CALL OUR GAMES......TALK ABOUT A FU@KIN' PARTY?! :crownpour: :rollcanes:

[video=youtube_share;MWBpHT1QFoo]http://youtu.be/MWBpHT1QFoo[/video]

1.0;attach=80175;image

325.jpg

He has family to care for him

Remember Mike Gottfried? Similar thing. He had a stroke that affected his speech. Boom, gone from ESPN. Him and the best commentator and voice, Ron Franklin, to ever call ESPN Hurricane games are working small time college football radio. **** I miss Ron Franklin.

As far as Bernie, If UM doesn't offer a job, hopefully a good friend from his football past can find him something.

Did not know that about Gottfried. And you're right about Ron Franklin-he was **** good!

Advertisement
The analysis seemed right on the money. He may be too direct/critical for the press box, but would likely be a big asset for our young QBs.

Always rooting for Kosar but he does makes some bad decisions at times. Needs to get it on track but I worry he will always derail himself.

one of the remaining joys in my life.

Poor guy. His loved ones really need to keep an eye out on his depression level. Not good.

He went through a divorce a few years back. He was experiencing something like traumatic stress disorder from his neurological problems. He had severe financial problems. It was a nightmare for his wife. I read an interview with her and her blog. It was just too much for her. This whole thing is very sad.

The Washington Post had a big article in the sports section about concussions in girls soccer. You have teenagers with multiple concussions having to give up the sport before they reach 20. The HS sports with the most concussions are football, hockey, followed by girls' soccer at number 3.

I have a friend whose son finished ten years in the NFL a few years ago. I read on a website that he is now having migraines. i haven't spoken to my friend about it since we're not really that close, just email or talk very infrequently. Haven't raised the issue with the father. The youngster is now started on a coaching career, and got an excellent entry level gig with the Seahawks as a ST assistant. Hope everything goes well for him.

Read an article about our starting LB from the '83 NC's, Jay Brophy. He spent a few years with the Dolphins after UM and now has degenerative brain disease. Neurologists say Jay's brain is like that of a man 15-20 years older. Incidentally, Jay was LeBron James HS football coach. You might have seen the articles. I saw them on a website for some south Florida magazine or paper.

I used to get headaches from HS football practices. I then had migraines throughout my adult life. Don't know if they're related. Back in the early '60's I'm not sure if we used to think that much about concussions. Got your bell rung? get back in there and keep on playing.

Advertisement
1.0;attach=80175;image

325.jpg

How do you know she's making any money doing that? **** stars are a dime a dozen. There's so much stuff on the web that I wonder if it's all that lucrative anymore, even for the biggest names.

For all we know, they might be estranged. I might have a lot of problems with a daughter in that business.

1.0;attach=80175;image

325.jpg

How do you know she's making any money doing that? **** stars are a dime a dozen. There's so much stuff on the web that I wonder if it's all that lucrative anymore, even for the biggest names.

For all we know, they might be estranged. I might have a lot of problems with a daughter in that business.

man do you need a drink....

Advertisement
Back