I didnt want to get this lost.....

Banned
Banned
Im not thinking Smith will count on the 25.

I believe there is a rule that says something if the sort....

If a enrollee never receives an official offer(Smith only got a verbal), never visits and the school never evaluates him in person but he enrolls and signs a Financial Aid agreement, he doesnt count towards the initials only the 85.

Advertisement
Would make sense, technically the kid can’t even sign with us since he already did with wazzu, so if counters is actually sigs he wouldn’t count

Would make sense, technically the kid can’t even sign with us since he already did with wazzu, so if counters is actually sigs he wouldn’t count

Thats right he did sign with Washington State

Advertisement
Washington State released him from his letter of intent.

Also I don't believe that is an exception anymore. Here is a good breakdown of loop holes that were closed. The only exceptions to the initial counters rule I can find on the NCAA site are for the service academies, because there scholarships aren't really athletic scholarships.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Washington State released him from his letter of intent.

Also I don't believe that is an exception anymore. Here is a good breakdown of loop holes that were closed. The only exceptions to the initial counters rule I can find on the NCAA site are for the service academies, because there scholarships aren't really athletic scholarships.
I think you’re spot on. Why you saw Navy with like 45 commits at one point this year. That’s an exaggeration but Army and Navy had 30+ with Navy over 35 earlier in the year, though some ended up signing elsewhere. Didn’t look at what Air Force had committed at any time.

Im not thinking Smith will count on the 25.

I believe there is a rule that says something if the sort....

If a enrollee never receives an official offer(Smith only got a verbal), never visits and the school never evaluates him in person but he enrolls and signs a Financial Aid agreement, he doesnt count towards the initials only the 85.
Manny flew out and met him in person. His scholarship will definitely count.

I think you’re spot on. Why you saw Navy with like 45 commits at one point this year. That’s an exaggeration but Army and Navy had 30+ with Navy over 35 earlier in the year, though some ended up signing elsewhere. Didn’t look at what Air Force had committed at any time.
The academy kids never sign a NLI. So in theory, a kid who is committed to Navy can sign with other school up until the day he shows up to the Academy.

Advertisement
I believe you cannot give a recruit a "blue shirt" - delayed admission- if they have taken an OV. This doesn't apply in this situation. I am pretty sure this counts as an IC - initial counter.

He was released from his LOI. He will sign his LOI in Feburary. He will count towards 85. All he is doing is what normal kids did for years that EE'd. You enroll, using financial paperwork only, and then give the LOI in Feb with everyone else.

Advertisement

The scholarship that an athlete receives at a service academy is no different than the scholarship of every other midshipman or cadet that doesnt play sports.

He was released from his LOI. He isn't "signed" to anyone.
Once again that’s not how it works... a kid can only sign one LOI it’s the same thing the RB Evans is going through right now. If he’s released like Smith was he’s free to go to any school but he just enrolls and that’s that, he does not sign a new LOI

Advertisement
Back