I cannot believe I am seeing BS about Poff get #2 over Emory. WTF?

I think it's cause they wanna redshirt Emory. Seems like Poff got alot of respect from the team. We'll know more this summer

Advertisement
From what you saw last year and this spring (I know few have access to GREENTREE) how do you not have a good amount of confidence in Emory as #2?
I am seeing **** (online and CIS) about Poff being better than Emory. maybe being #2, **** that, Emory beat Clemson and would probably have beaten FSPOO POO had he not gotten hurt.
I think that Emory is the solid #2. Maybe the season will show differently, but I not putting Poff in at back-up over Emory. Unless they have a poor run defense, LOL
You guys agree?

I see you, Emory! God Bless! @emory_williams_9
Emory get yo *** off CIS and get yo *** in the playbook and weight room.

P.S.
Miami alumni

From what you saw last year and this spring (I know few have access to GREENTREE) how do you not have a good amount of confidence in Emory as #2?
I am seeing **** (online and CIS) about Poff being better than Emory. maybe being #2, **** that, Emory beat Clemson and would probably have beaten FSPOO POO had he not gotten hurt.
I think that Emory is the solid #2. Maybe the season will show differently, but I not putting Poff in at back-up over Emory. Unless they have a poor run defense, LOL
You guys agree?

You don't know how to football, do you.

You guys agree?

Emory is not good bruh he’s a good dude though and Poff has more upside. Don’t be upset at me fam

Advertisement
This is just classic CIS.

Giving up on Poff after 3 series with all of 15 pass attempts

Meanwhile annointing Emory while bragging about a game where he went 8 for 25 for 175. Almost half of it in one pass.

You can’t make this **** up.
We can make this **** up.

20220108_215455.gif

If Emory did not play those games, we would have gotten smoked by both like the last few years. A true freshman keeping us in both games with limited practice. Amazing some of you talk like he peaked already based off a small sample of snaps as a true freshman forced into action.

Same with Poff. Just got here and with limited practice snaps due to transferring, some are anointing him as #2. Let the better man win. I still say some of you are selling Emory short for all the wrong reasons.

Come on guys. I know some of you were in the stands when Virginia smoked us in the orange bowl for the last game. Loyalty is out the window. I don't give a &*%$ if Shrek is the best option. Play whoever is better. If Cam can stay healthy, we are good. But if Poffball or whatever is better than the others, play him. It's been over TWENTY YEARS!

Advertisement
Depth is good. If Poff is QB2 he has 1 more year of eligibility next year to capitalize. Emory can redshirt. Then he has 3 more years to land a starting role.

You guys agree?

Paging @messageboardgeniuses.

Advertisement
Man this thread….
First, Dear Pseudo Fraggle OP, did you actually watch the two games Emory started? For real, did you? I saw a kid who is extremely likeable give it his all while also showing that he was extremely limited by the coaches and when he did throw the ball, there was not much special to it. Loads of dink and dunk plays only on obvious passing downs. The TD pass against Clemson was pretty, but other than that, not much to take away and certainly nothing that screamed “Future All American.”
Second. Poffenbarger has several years of experience and was brought in to start (pre Cam Ward) because Emory was supposed to red shirt last year. Injuries and TVDs meltdown changed that plan.
Third, do you smoke crack? Regularly? It’s the only explanation as to where this came from.
Last, it is quite possible to really like Emory and pull for him to succeed while simultaneously also believing he isn’t ready right now. Someone else said it earlier - he’s a game manager and has 8-4 written all over him. That’s not a slam; that’s just reality right now. Let’s see if he develops over the next couple years, THEN see what we have.

If we have to rely on either of them at any point in the season, we're probably ****ed. Further, I don't think Emory is that good, so I would hope Poff beats him out for #2.
I mean no disrespect but how can you come to that conclusion based off of a small sample by a true freshman thrown into the starting qb with limited snaps? Then he goes back to being a back up w limited snaps and is put back in to start when it finally got through the coaches heads that TVD was not the answer. Heck, against FSU when TVD came in, we had a better chance to win with him sending everybody deep every play and just throwing up a hail mary each time.

And whoever said EW's late long pass to George was luck or a fluke???? Whatever. That pass was perfect against an archrival who was still playing aggressive and thought he was going to pick it off. Kudos to not just EW but for George for the concentration to make the play and finish.

Just one example would be Tom Brady. By your thought process he would have never been given a chance based off his early time at Michigan, and the pros. He was not good. Many examples of others, but he stands out the most obviously for his accomplishments when given time and experience.

Coaches definitely liked something about EW to make him 2nd string last season. Insiders here confirmed it.

As for Poff, again it is a small sample size against better talent across the board from where he played last season. Great numbers all around but this will be a huge step up from where he came.

Bottom line, our qb room is as good as it has been in quite a while. May the better man win the job. I just do not get why some have given up on EW based off last season's circumstances.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like what little we saw of Emory.

We beat FSU if he doesn't destroy his arm.

TVD literally came in and threw a pick a few plays later lol. Emory was driving and his team was BELIEVING.

With that said, he and Big Poff is a really fun competition. Hope both are pushing each other.
TVD completed the same amount of passes that one drive that emory did in the entire 2nd half lol what driving and believing did u actually see? In the 2nd half he completed ONE pass that passed the line of scrimmage that fsu safety should have had a walk in pick6

Its insane how delusional yall get for players yall like lol, its like yall in a different universe

Advertisement
Back