I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

I’m biased of course but I think Jalen has as good a mid range jumper as anyone in college basketball. He had a great coach/trainer/parent in his dad who taught all his boys how to score at all 3 levels and with both hands.
What are your feelings (or his) about Jalen as a PG. Since I don't see anyone really listed as premier at that spot (not thrilled abt Pack), it may fall to him. Wondering what's the success outlook for that in your estimation, thank you.

Advertisement

He was the #5 player coming out of HS. Apparently very athletic. But can't shoot at all.

A plus athlete is always welcome, everyone doesn't have to be able to shoot, especially when Miami has multiple shooters. Miami needs bodies, and if Mitchell is down to play D and use his athleticism to create opportunities for others, I'm all for adding him.

Not that it means anything but the basketball instagram has followed both Dillon Mitchell and Kadary Richmond.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well considering basketball is their bread and butter it’s easy to extrapolate

That's just an ignorant statement.

If they were the #1 basketball NIL school, and the #101 football NIL school, then the two would average out.

But you were talking about "#52 NIL funding", as if they don't pay as much NIL for basketball, as if they are mid. This is a basketball thread on a basketball board.

UConn is not "#52" for basketball NIL.

If they were the #1 basketball NIL school, and the #101 football NIL school, then the two would average out.

But you were talking about "#52 NIL funding", as if they don't pay as much NIL for basketball, as if they are mid. This is a basketball thread on a basketball board.

They bought a second National title.

That’s just public schools. It you add in private, the mean would be skewed even more. They relied heavily on two grad transfers from small schools that aren’t going to the NBA. Nor did they have a single player in top 10 NIL valuation. Your make believe math and weak attempt to deflect shame that UM can’t replicate their success changes nothing, just makes you petty and hyper emotional. Once gain, learn math.

That’s just public schools. It you add in private, the mean would be skewed even more. They relied heavily on two grad transfers from small schools that aren’t going to the NBA. Nor did they have a single player in top 10 NIL valuation. Your make believe math and weak attempt to deflect shame that UM can’t replicate their success changes nothing, just makes you petty and hyper emotional. Once gain, learn math.

Yet another dopey, ignorant post.

One of my best friends is a faculty member at UConn. I assure you, I know more about this subject than you do.

But, yeah, you're fellating the on3 NIL calculator.

UConn pays their basketball players well. I'm not saying they are #1, but they sure as **** aren't that fraudulent #52 that you cited.

Look at you, trying to lecture people on math. Because UConn "doesn't have a single player in Top 10 NIL valuation". SO WHAT?

You are terrible at math and statistics, whether you are vomiting your bull**** on the basketball board or the baseball board. You sure as **** don't try to pull your garbage on the football board, where you would be destroyed.

Advertisement
Yet another dopey, ignorant post.

One of my best friends is a faculty member at UConn. I assure you, I know more about this subject than you do.

But, yeah, you're fellating the on3 NIL calculator.

UConn pays their basketball players well. I'm not saying they are #1, but they sure as **** aren't that fraudulent #52 that you cited.

Look at you, trying to lecture people on math. Because UConn "doesn't have a single player in Top 10 NIL valuation". SO WHAT?

You are terrible at math and statistics, whether you are vomiting your bull**** on the basketball board or the baseball board. You sure as **** don't try to pull your garbage on the football board, where you would be destroyed.
Yeah and if I said University of Alaska Utqiavik you’d “know” someone there too😂 GTFOH. I never said the BB team was 52, only the sum of the school NIL deals wasn’t very much even if they pushed everything into BB. Sanogo went to the NBA and couldn’t earn a single cent of NIL bc of his work visa. How’d they buy him? I don’t often go to the football board bc I stopped caring long ago. Now wipe your tears and kick your dog as usual.

Advertisement
A few additional Mitchell nuggets since I live in Austin and wife's a UT grad, so we go to a lot of Texas basketball games and I've been following his recruitment fairly closely since he hopped in the portal.

- Kentucky was linked to him early but they've loaded up in the portal with guys like Brandon Garrison, Otega Oweh and Amari Williams, so I don't think they go in his direction.

- Arkansas is another program I've been watching but they just picked up Jonas Aidoo to play the 4 alongside Zvonimir Ivisic and have Karter Knox and Billy Richmond coming over with Cal from Kentucky, who are both talented SF's.

- Ole Miss has been one to consider too. Chris Beard recruited him to Texas and they've been extremely active in the portal. That said, they've signed 4 SF/PF's so I doubt he'd have a spot there either.

Just some things to keep in mind.

I don't think we have a starting spot available for Mitchell. He'd be the first big off the bench, which would likely give him a lot of minutes. The question is is he ok not having a locked in starting role.

I don't think we have a starting spot available for Mitchell. He'd be the first big off the bench, which would likely give him a lot of minutes. The question is is he ok not having a locked in starting role.
I softened on this stance some and actually believe they'd give him the first shot to start, even though Johnson is a better fit at the 4 alongside Kidd and Cleveland given his ability to stretch the floor.

The Five Reasons/6th Ring guys have maintained that the staff thought Omier was coming back, so Johnson likely came in knowing there was a real chance he wasn't going to start but still get a lot of minutes.

Not saying Mitchell is the best fit at the 4 but he's incredibly athletic and versatile defensively, and we really haven't had what he brings to the frontcourt in quite some time. Worse case is it doesn't work in the non-conference and you can shift him to the bench in time for conference play and still play him 25-30 minutes per game. Remember, Kidd has never played more than 25 minutes per game in his career.

Last edited:
Yeah and if I said University of Alaska Utqiavik you’d “know” someone there too😂 GTFOH. I never said the BB team was 52, only the sum of the school NIL deals wasn’t very much even if they pushed everything into BB. Sanogo went to the NBA and couldn’t earn a single cent of NIL bc of his work visa. How’d they buy him? I don’t often go to the football board bc I stopped caring long ago. Now wipe your tears and kick your dog as usual.

Sure. Just invent some things that I didn't say, and try to act like you did NOT say what you actually said.

If you don't believe I know a tenured professor at UConn, that's up to you. Lived 3 doors down from him in Eaton. Fraternity brother. Friend for 38 years.

You specifically cited UConn being #52. You never said where you got the ranking, you never limited it to any sport, you never provided any context whatsoever. But this being a basketball thread on the basketball forum, you definitely implied that UConn BASKETBALL didn't pay much, and that you could win basketball national championships by paying mid-levels of NIL.

More importantly, you doubled down on your false implications, instead of acknowledging that your comments were misleading. Now you're yapping about Sanogo not being able to "earn a single cent of NIL". Hey, how did that work out for Omier? Because, you know, there ARE loopholes.

Your posts are so dopey, you read something on a website and you then act like you're some sort of expert.

As for "kicking my dog as usual", YOU ARE MY *****. In a canine sense, of course. So, yeah, I'm going to keep kicking you.

Advertisement
Back