I can’t believe I’m actuary starting a uniform thread, but....

Advertisement
Just go with the standard miami brand.never changed in any of championship years.why change now that's our brand white Helmut s with the |___| on it

Are we looking at a possible alternate helmet for LSU or whenever they trot out the alternate uniform this year?

View attachment 62301
Someone sent me this to ask if I had heard anything. It’s a Riddell mini helmet that is being sold in retail sites. My friend collects these and said that all the other officially licensed mini helmets are based on actual helmets used in actual games. I thought it might be that “ice” abomination we wore at Cincinnati, but it isn’t.

Have we ever worn this? I sure don’t remember it.

So, anybody out there that is familiar with the alternates this year?

You an actuary? I used to work with actuaries. Most boring people I've ever known.

It’s not a big deal, but I just thought maybe it’s possible that the cat was let out of the bag by licensing the style and Riddell putting it out on sale for retail earlier than it should’ve been, i.e. when it was introduced at an actual game.

I am an old female 'Cane going back to the mid 1950's and I honestly don't care what they wear, although I did like the black unis....more intimidating like the teams of the 80's & 90's.

howyoudoin.gif

Advertisement
I don’t mind alternates from time to time, in fact, I like it. BUT I don’t like it for the first game of the year against a big name opponent on a big stage. Feels like we should be classic Miami for that. Leave the alternates for a conference game or something.

I don’t mind alternates from time to time, in fact, I like it. BUT I don’t like it for the first game of the year against a big name opponent on a big stage. Feels like we should be classic Miami for that. Leave the alternates for a conference game or something.

I agree with you, that’s also what I would prefer. But I have a feeling they’re going to roll something out for this game though, since it’s a chance for Adidas to market itself.

At the end of the day, I’m not going to get upset about it either way. They have a right to do what they do, they have a right to make money, and that’s why we signed the deal with them, remember they’re paying us.. Like I said previously, they have to get their end too.

Advertisement
I don't feel to good.

Between this (which is fine) and the blue cleats Adidas is in for a ****up. I just feel it.. Like when they put us in all black uniform with brown socks/cleats when they could have just gone with green sock/cleats.

No way we wear those aqua blue Flipper style cleats in Jerry's world. No way... right??

Advertisement
ACC loves to show its *** by always wearing Alternats in OOC games. 100% Louisville looks like sht vs Bama.

Advertisement
Back