I AM ATHLETE-Rohan Marley

Recently rewatched the 1999 Gator Bowl versus Georgia Tech. My goodness I forgot what good linebacker play looked like. Dan Morgan was an outside linebacker that year. We would stick dudes and very few missed tackles. I know we play a different style of football today, but I miss seeing the controlled aggression of that time, especially on D.
I was on the UM sidelines for that game...Nate Won MVP for his performance...

Advertisement
I was on the UM sidelines for that game...Nate Won MVP for his performance...
Not to derail but always wondered if Kenny Kelly’s hand/arm injury that game made him go pro in baseball, or if he thought he’d lose a head to head battle with Dorsey the following year. Just wondering if you had any insight based on your position in the program at that time.

Payton and Earl Campbell two of my favorites of all time. Sanders with what he did with a trash team was amazing too. Bo Jackson and on and on. Nearly impossible to separate these guys. I saw LT in practice all the time. Admittedly that changes my perception of him. UNC had no idea what to do with him.
Oh man, Sanders. Just incredible. My 2nd favorite RB all time. Obviously, I never saw LT in practice, but I'm sure he was ridiculous, just a man among boys. I think I remember hearing/watching something that LT was the one of the most feared (if not the most feared) players of all time. Dude was insane. There are mean and tough SOB"s that nobody wants to play against, and then there is LT.

Advertisement
Soooo what he said about the U. Was that just a regular statement or did it mean more? B.Marshall asked what's going on with us. Rohan response made it seem like he got some behind the scenes stuff going on.

I THINK he said something similar to "we're trying to bring some dogs in".

I'm 100% sure I'm taking his comment the wrong way lol

Someone please post the correct quote. I can't find the correct timestamp lol
23:40

Advertisement
Oh man, Sanders. Just incredible. My 2nd favorite RB all time. Obviously, I never saw LT in practice, but I'm sure he was ridiculous, just a man among boys. I think I remember hearing/watching something that LT was the one of the most feared (if not the most feared) players of all time. Dude was insane. There are mean and tough SOB"s that nobody wants to play against, and then there is LT.
I believe Sanders has most yards by any RB after first contact in backfield. Put him behind Dallas' 90s OL and Barry would have had 100,000 rushing....

Not to derail but always wondered if Kenny Kelly’s hand/arm injury that game made him go pro in baseball, or if he thought he’d lose a head to head battle with Dorsey the following year. Just wondering if you had any insight based on your position in the program at that time.
Dorsey would have beat him out regardless...

I believe Sanders has most yards by any RB after first contact in backfield. Put him behind Dallas' 90s OL and Barry would have had 100,000 rushing....
Yep, that was the argument over who the better RB was between Sanders and Emmit Smith back when they were tearing up the league. I grew up in Cowboy country and it used to **** them off to no end when I or other fans of Sanders would mention the Cowboys line as the reason Smith was so successful.

I hated the Cowboys and Smith. Looking back, Smith was a **** of a running back and would have been great for any team, but there is no doubt his O-line did play a pretty big part in his HOF career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back