I actually really like our class

medearis

Recruit
If they all signed tomorrow:

QB-Dewey-stud, Crow-project, Thompson-project (if he actually enrolls)

rb-Duke-best rb in the country and best player in FL, Dillard-needs to run lower but great size and athleticism

te: Hollifield-reminds me of Walford (who is turning very good very fast), a big athletic project

wr: Dmauri Jones-will be a very good college wr, J.Carter-iffy on, Angelo Jean-Louis-wiggle freak, Herb Waters-good at wr or at db

OL: Isadora-monster, Flowers-monster, Gadbois-good upside

DE: Hoilett-late bloomer but great upside, Hamilton-freak when he tries and great upside, O'Donnell-iffy on but at least has solid measurables

DT: Moore-a plug. Reminds me of a better Teraz McCray which is a very good thing (definite two deep contributor).

LB:Witt-love how he reads plays on film, Burgess-iffy on, Northrup-stud, Kirby-stud, Terry-I think a tweener at this point but maybe he proves me wrong. Didn't see the lateral ability to play lb

cb: Dortch-long arms and quick. Good size. Just needs muscle, Davis-quick and compact. Productive player, Hope-tall, solid cover man. Probably a JoJo Nicholas type, Gunter-looks like a solid two-deep pickup (better than Mike Williams and Lee Chambers that is!)

S-Jenkins-baller

While everyone wants the SEC studs, I still think this class is very good and provides a lot of guys who after 2-3 years of development, will become All-ACC productive players.

Advertisement
I mean, there ARE projects, but mainly guys that need muscle (Hoilett, Dortch), or more seasoning (Hollifield).......so more long term ballers. Just hope Golden is given the time to prove it (3-4) years since it will take that long to see dramatic results. I think people are expecting too many big names, when we flat out have sucked on the field for a while now. A lot of these guys will be very good in their own right and they actually have a very good coaching staff to develop them.

Advertisement
I believe the days of UM coaches spending all their time recruiting '5 star' athletes and hoping they are all-american's on DAY 1 is over. Golden is focused on hard-working kids with athleticism. The old staff would of spend day and night recruiting Tracy Howard and would of never had a plan B in mind. The new staff has decided to focus their energy on kids they can develop. THIS IS HOW YOU WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS! (Unless you can AFFORD otherwise lol)

I can't wait for the day we recruit players without needing them to be immediate contributors. Teams like VTech have been very successful following this model and, with the benefit of SFLA talent, we should be back to respectability in 3-4 years (I know that isnt soon enough for some of you but I'm being realistic!)

Hollifield is a string bean. Walford was a lot heavier coming in. Has anyone seen tape on him, or is there tape on him?

I think by the time this 2012 class are juniors and RS sophomores, the 2014 season, we will be back to being a top 10 team, maybe top 5 depending on Dewey and the other QBs. Definitely better than FSU though :)

Advertisement
As of today, per Rivals Top 100 of Fla:

FSU-4
UF- 9
UM- 13

Rankings to me don't mean anything. UF had top 3 years for about 3 years in a row, and they sucked this year. FSU very close to that. ****, look at our 2008 #1 class. I like the class though.

They aren't class rankings. It is the number of top 100 players in Florida committed to each school.

FSU-4
UF- 9
UM- 13

Rankings to me don't mean anything. UF had top 3 years for about 3 years in a row, and they sucked this year. FSU very close to that. ****, look at our 2008 #1 class. I like the class though.

They aren't class rankings. It is the number of top 100 players in Florida committed to each school.

FSU-4
UF- 9
UM- 13

Golden did make mention of getting more Florida top 100 players and dammit he's done it.

Advertisement
OP forgot Malcom Lewis at WR who's one of the top WRs in the state.

Also we NEED at least one more DT and a couple more DBs to close out this class with AJL and AJ Leggett not getting in. maybe Lockhart at WR to close out.

FSU-4
UF- 9
UM- 13

Ranking of players and teams, all the same to me. I want to see what they can do with them. That is really my point.

Hollifield is a string bean. Walford was a lot heavier coming in. Has anyone seen tape on him, or is there tape on him?

I dont think anyone has seen film of the kid... I think he only played like 2 games this year due to injury... Outside of playing basketball I dont think anyone can compare him to Walford, who average over 20 yards a catch in high school...

Advertisement
I don't disagree, my point is that if you are a top 100 or so player in Fla, chances are you can play whether you are number 34 or 79 on the list. Lots of people are just concerned with stars (I am not one of them) etc. and miss the bigger picture. I think Va Tech is the best example of this.

FSU-4
UF- 9
UM- 13

Ranking of players and teams, all the same to me. I want to see what they can do with them. That is really my point.

OP forgot Malcom Lewis at WR who's one of the top WRs in the state.

Also we NEED at least one more DT and a couple more DBs to close out this class with AJL and AJ Leggett not getting in. maybe Lockhart at WR to close out.

**** son how can you forget Lewis?

I don't dislike the class at all. I feel as though this class could have been epic had Shapiro-gate not happened. A couple of guys I feel as though you are wearing green and orange glasses on, but we will see. Hopefully the coaches can squeeze every ounce of effort and talent from their beings.

thumbnail.aspx

If they all signed tomorrow:

QB-Dewey-stud, Crow-project, Thompson-project (if he actually enrolls)

rb-Duke-best rb in the country and best player in FL, Dillard-needs to run lower but great size and athleticism

te: Hollifield-reminds me of Walford (who is turning very good very fast), a big athletic project

wr: Dmauri Jones-will be a very good college wr, J.Carter-iffy on, Angelo Jean-Louis-wiggle freak, Herb Waters-good at wr or at db

OL: Isadora-monster, Flowers-monster, Gadbois-good upside

DE: Hoilett-late bloomer but great upside, Hamilton-freak when he tries and great upside, O'Donnell-iffy on but at least has solid measurables

DT: Moore-a plug. Reminds me of a better Teraz McCray which is a very good thing (definite two deep contributor).

LB:Witt-love how he reads plays on film, Burgess-iffy on, Northrup-stud, Kirby-stud, Terry-I think a tweener at this point but maybe he proves me wrong. Didn't see the lateral ability to play lb

cb: Dortch-long arms and quick. Good size. Just needs muscle, Davis-quick and compact. Productive player, Hope-tall, solid cover man. Probably a JoJo Nicholas type, Gunter-looks like a solid two-deep pickup (better than Mike Williams and Lee Chambers that is!)

S-Jenkins-baller

While everyone wants the SEC studs, I still think this class is very good and provides a lot of guys who after 2-3 years of development, will become All-ACC productive players.

Pretty strong work. +rep

Advertisement
Back