I’m From The Government, I’m Here to Help (NIL Bill)

April 15 Taxes GIF by INTO ACTION

IRS just standing in the wings waiting to pounce ....

Underpayment penalties are about to skyrocket...

Advertisement
Oh yeah.. let's put the f'ing corrupt thugs in the NCAA office in charge of this... that should work well. Those morons are the cause of it ....

When certain people started benefiting from capitalism and the free market, you just KNEW someone like Tommy T would put a stop to it. Note that coaching salaries are perfectly legit in their eyes.

I wonder what the founding fathers would say if we told them that one day, the federal government would be so engorged that it finds itself getting involved with how much money an athlete can make, from what legal sources he can make, how long he must play for a school, or any number of the ridiculous minutia the fed. government meddles in.

When certain people started benefiting from capitalism and the free market, you just KNEW someone like Tommy T would put a stop to it. Note that coaching salaries are perfectly legit in their eyes.

You mean we shouldn't set up a registry with the FTC to track coaching salaries and limit the coaches to changing jobs only after 3 years of steady employment?

Advertisement
Conferences and media organizations consolidating and conspiring to manipulate a multi-billion dollar market.

Government: Those kids can't leave for at least three years!!! And don't let them sign an NIL deal if it conflicts with the team or conference licensing!!!

I wonder what the founding fathers would say if we told them that one day, the federal government would be so engorged that it finds itself getting involved with how much money an athlete can make, from what legal sources he can make, how long he must play for a school, or any number of the ridiculous minutia the fed. government meddles in.
They would likely say that what you just described is unconstitutional and that they had sufficient wisdom to create a judicial body to strike down unconstitutional laws.
There can be no legal limit on earnings.

Conferences and media organizations consolidating and conspiring to manipulate a multi-billion dollar market.

Government: Those kids can't leave for at least three years!!! And don't let them sign an NIL deal if it conflicts with the team or conference licensing!!!
This example would be struck down by the courts as unconstitutional.

never forget about checks and balances.

Advertisement
?

How many of ya’ll watch G-league basketball?
How many of ya’ll were fans of NFL Europe?
How many of ya’ll park ur asses down to watch The CFL? Maybe u were a rabid fan of the XFL? Possibly USFL?

How many of ur favorite recruits who went to the G-league instead of college r actually living up to those projections?

Just curious

I think their first question would be "what is an athlete?"...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope some changes are made and some sort of balance is established. What that is or how you get there, **** if I know. It's bonkers the way it is now. The way it's gone for us, I'll literally have to have a roster open to identify who is who on the field. It's gotten worse in that regard recently, but there will be so many new faces this year and **** if I know what their numbers are. I can't keep up with it or don't care to maybe.

Miss the days of waiting for someone to get their chance and then seeing them play a few years. Nobody stays anywhere long by and large. It makes it tough to actually give a **** about any of the players. I do want what's best for them and I don't mean anything bad by that, but seeing them grow as players you develop favorites, etc. Now it's like thanks for a year, hardly knew ya, but good luck in life.

I was concerned about the Pandoras Box effect NIL would have on the sport but in my heart if hearts I knew our elected leaders would step up and fix this problem as they always do! Much like Mario, just let them cook!

-signed

A small business owner with unpredictable taxes hoping that someone monitoring my activity remembers this when I file my taxes in October

?

How many of ya’ll watch G-league basketball?
How many of ya’ll were fans of NFL Europe?
How many of ya’ll park ur asses down to watch The CFL? Maybe u were a rabid fan of the XFL? Possibly USFL?

How many of ur favorite recruits who went to the G-league instead of college r actually living up to those projections?

Just curious
Wouldn’t say fan but i loosely followed NFL Europe . Same with CFL in the summer and XFL now. Im a fan of the sport. Obviously i follow High School ball to a certain degree too. I’m sure all of us do.

Wouldn’t say fan but i loosely followed NFL Europe . Same with CFL in the summer and XFL now. Im a fan of the sport. Obviously i follow High School ball to a certain degree too. I’m sure all of us do.

But u would agree that u didn’t follow either of those sports nearly as much as the collegiate game, correct?

Advertisement
Back