I’d rather the program close

KevinCaneFace

Senior
Sure we could do another coaching search but what’s the point. They hired Manny without interviewing anyone else. Three of our last five coaches were assistants from a failed regime.

I’ve supported this team in Gator/Nole country my entire life. I wish there was a smooth way out. Who would you go to? Obviously we can’t be Gators or Noles? UCF is promising but they’ll probably never be anything of note. This sucks.

Advertisement
Sure we could do another coaching search but what’s the point. They hired Manny without interviewing anyone else. Three of our last five coaches were assistants from a failed regime.

I’ve supported this team in Gator/Nole country my entire life. I wish there was a smooth way out. Who would you go to? Obviously we can’t be Gators or Noles? UCF is promising but they’ll probably never be anything of note. This sucks.
Bama. At least I can feel like I'm watching the "old canes" again. Don't care who feel a way about that!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Disagree. It's an opportunity given to good young men to compete in the class room and on the field. We've long moved on from preparing them for the NFL

Coker wasn‘t hired from a failed regime. 11-1, finished #2 in the polls in 2000.
Shannon, yes, after Coker eventually was fired
Golden, not a failed regime, just overrated success
Richt, was his own regime after burning out in UGA. Would not call him a failure there.
Diaz, yes, after Richt realized he was done.

A new team? I live on the west coast, maybe the Cristobal Ducks! Nah, maybe a second team, if I want to watch entertaining, good football.

Advertisement
Coker wasn‘t hired from a failed regime. 11-1, finished #2 in the polls in 2000.
Shannon, yes, after Coker eventually was fired
Golden, not a failed regime, just overrated success
Richt, was his own regime after burning out in UGA. Would not call him a failure there.
Diaz, yes, after Richt realized he was done.

A new team? I live on the west coast, maybe the Cristobal Ducks! Nah, maybe a second team, if I want to watch entertaining, good football.
Fair enough but Coker was a lazy hire. We really hired a guy that only got a job from an upstart college after he left?

Born in 87, started watching during probation. My earliest memories are getting blown out by FSU and Syracuse, Sure 1999-2003 were fun but when have we “beared” enough?
You're understandably emotional and irrational right now. But I'm not sure what you expect anyone here to do for you... I might be wrong - but I'm sure no one here has their hands on the plug to pull.

You're understandably emotional and irrational right now. But I'm not sure what you expect anyone here to do for you... I might be wrong - but I'm sure no one here has their hands on the plug to pull.
I felt so hopeful when Richt retired. There were so many promising names. When we hired Manny within hours, I thought I was done with this program. But I lied to myself again. Thought manny could work with a good OC. But what? Should we start flying banners again?

Advertisement
I felt so hopeful when Richt retired. There were so many promising names. When we hired Manny within hours, I thought I was done with this program. But I lied to myself again. Thought manny could work with a good OC. But what? Should we start flying banners again?
I think so, Manny seems like a good GM - but cannot prepare this team to compete week in week out.

It's really the most fitting and appropriate thing the university can do. Think of the untold damage they've done to the local football community by ruining hundreds upon hundreds of prospects chances of making it to the NFL.

I am 100% on board with UM folding the football program.

Advertisement
Back