I'm probably out of my mind but...

HC - Butch
DC/Co-Assistant Head Coach - Schiano
OC - Coley
QB - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
OL/Co-Assistant Head Coach - Cristobal (love Art but you can't knock Mario's recruiting prowess)
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?

Advertisement

HC - Butch
OC - Coley
QB - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
OL/Co-Assistant Head Coach - Cristobal (love Art but you can't knock Mario's recruiting prowess)
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?

Absolute pipe dream that will never happen starting with butch.

HC - Butch
OC/QB Coach - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?
FIFY.

That would be a nice staff. I agree that Cristobal/Schiano would have to come here at a bargain. I don't know if they'd do it to be here w/Butch, but who knows. I highly doubt it.

We'd probably have to pay more than the $300K apiece someone said IF we give them both the Co-Asst HC tags. Might have to pay Cristobal even a little bit more if you make him our Recruiting Coordinator too.

IF the next Prez post-Troll allows us to, we could open up the pocket book to hire that kind of staff. Will we do it? Again--I highly doubt it. It's a pipedream right now, at best.

One other tweak that could work, You could make Cristobal Co-OC/OL/Co-Asst HC, and Dorsey the QB Coach/Co-OC. You could do something funky like make Cristobal the running game coordinator and Dorsey the passing game coordinator. Also, you could make Larry Scott or Hurlie Brown the Recruiting Coordinator to spread out the responsibilities a little better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch is not getting rid of Art. Plus, Don probably comes back as RB coach. $$$ are probably there for decent coaches. I think Coley and NoD are getting over 500K. Butch put together great staff before so, much like his recruiting, I take who he takes.

Advertisement
Butch Davis is UNQUALIFIED to coach at Miami.

Several of Davis' assistant coaches from his head coaching positions have gone on to be NFL and college football head coaches. Three of the coordinators from his time at the University of Miami would go on to be head coaches at either the NCAA or NFL level. Special teams coach Chuck Pagano is head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, Greg Schiano would go on to become the head coach of Rutgers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Larry Coker became the head coach of the University of Miami following Davis' departure and is currently the head coach at The University of Texas at San Antonio. In addition to Pagano, Schiano, and Coker, former FIU head coach Mario Cristobal served under Davis as a graduate assistant from 1998 to 2000. Another assistant coach under Davis at Miami who would go on to become a head coach is Randy Shannon. Shannon served as the linebackers coach for Davis' first three years at Miami. Current Tulane football coach Curtis Johnson also was an assistant under Davis at UM. Johnson served as the wide receivers coach from 1996 to 2005. Davis' tight ends coach at the University of Miami was Rob Chudzinski, former head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Chudzinski worked in Cleveland when Davis was the head coach there serving as tight ends coach in 2004.

While with the Cleveland Browns and the North Carolina Tar Heels, three of Davis' assistant coaches went on to serve as head coaches in some capacity. Everett Withers replaced him as the head coach at North Carolina on an interim basis. Withers is currently a head coach at James Madison University. The secondary coach in Cleveland under Davis, Todd Bowles served as the interim head coach of the Miami Dolphins in 2011. He later interviewed for the head coaching jobs with the Dolphins and with the Oakland Raiders. The previous year he interviewed for the Dallas Cowboys head coaching job.[15] Davis' special teams coach in Cleveland in 2004, Taver Johnson, served as the interim head coach of Arkansas for a brief time during the spring following Bobby Petrino's departure and currently is the cornerbacks coach.

BBB and let him do what he does best,
Evaluating talent as a player or a coach, he knows how to find them!

HC - Butch
OC - Coley
QB - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?

Neg me all u want but ur lying to ur self if u think UM ever hires butch again. And the majority of you on here know I am right.

Advertisement

HC - Butch
OC - Coley
QB - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?

Neg me all u want but ur lying to ur self if u think UM ever hires butch again. And the majority of you on here know I am right.

Sad but true.

HC - Butch
OC - Coley
QB - Dorsey
WR - Beard
TE - Larry Scott
RB - Ice
DL - Kevin Patrick
LB - Hurlie
DB - Mike Rumph

Thoughts?

Ridiculous.

Of course, numerically being one of many available, one can make that statement about any coach, and stand a good chance of being right.

However, Butch is not only our best prospect for HC, he's also the most logical to be hired. His resume is exemplary and incredibly deep. And, as his cost will be reasonable, we could afford a better coaching staff.

Butch is a win/win by any barometer, PERIOD.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back