2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There are no Wawa in the Burgh thats Sheetz territory. Sheetz & Wawa supposedly have a handshake agreement over territories Wawa is an Eastern PA thing. Sheetz is from Altoona & own Central/Western Pennsyltucky
You are correct, Sir! I was a Philly guy (went to the Wharton School of Business after UM). We had tons of WaWas in Philly. I've done plenty of business in Pittsburgh but always in the suburbs (and I never drove). So, I just assumed they would have WaWas there also (obviously incorrectly). Since your post, I've done some fact checking on Wawa's site and they do not have stores in Pittsburgh (so you are correct).

However, whether it's Wawa or Sheetz (and it is Sheetz), it was less about the store and more about the "experience" of going into the store. Anyone that's been to a Wawa in downtown Philly will know what I'm talking about.

In summary, my guess is that Hykeem wouldn't enjoy the Fall or Winter in Pittsburgh at all. It is cold, grey, wet & depressing. He would probably end up really disliking the whole experience (living there for years is way different than visiting on one day). Why go through that when you can play at better football schools than lowly Pitt and have much better weather? For elite athletes, I also think it's much easier to stay in top condition & avoid injuries, if you're not freezing cold all the time and bundled in layers.

Advertisement
Malcolm Lewis

**** man that kid was gonna be a baller here that was probably the most devastating on field injury I’ve seen as a fan here (since Willis came back and was a star in the NFL of course)
whats crazy is Malcolm Lewis went on to collect nfl checks to. The minute we offered MALC i knew we would get Tracy those kids are close as ****.

You are correct, Sir! I was a Philly guy (went to the Wharton School of Business after UM). We had tons of WaWas in Philly. I've done plenty of business in Pittsburgh but always in the suburbs (and I never drove). So, I just assumed they would have WaWas there also (obviously incorrectly). Since your post, I've done some fact checking on Wawa's site and they do not have stores in Pittsburgh (so you are correct).

However, whether it's Wawa or Sheetz (and it is Sheetz), it was less about the store and more about the "experience" of going into the store. Anyone that's been to a Wawa in downtown Philly will know what I'm talking about.

In summary, my guess is that Hykeem wouldn't enjoy the Fall or Winter in Pittsburgh at all. It is cold, grey, wet & depressing. He would probably end up really disliking the whole experience (living there for years is way different than visiting on one day). Why go through that when you can play at better football schools than lowly Pitt and have much better weather? For elite athletes, I also think it's much easier to stay in top condition & avoid injuries, if you're not freezing cold all the time and bundled in layers.
I lived in Pittsburgh when I attended the university. Sometimes, weather is overblown when talking about a recruits decision. That’s not the case with Pittsburgh. It’s much worse than say Philadelphia because it’s closer to the Great Lakes. I remember it snowing everyday for a month straight one year. No big storms, but at least flurries from the lake effect. The big lakes also cause it to be cloudy and overcast all the time. This would be great in Miami when it’s 100 degrees, but it really sucks when it’s 30 degrees and there is an additional wind chill. I love parts about the area, but I moved away as soon as I could do so. I definitely enjoyed living in D.C., Philly, and Baltimore a lot more than Pittsburgh. Whenever the Canes play at Pitt, I always attend the games. The 2017 loss was heartbreaking to watch. As an alum it’s the only other football school I root for besides Miami. I still wear my Canes gear to the games though. I only applied to 2 colleges, Miami and Pitt. Miami said no thanks, so I ended up at Pitt.

Advertisement
This is facts
Wawa is TRASH.....They get their "PRE-Sliced" meats via delivery from up north. God only knows how long ago the meat was sliced. There is absolutely NO prep work done at WaWa.....besides the sliced meats, most everything else is shipped to the stores in heavy plastic Culinary Bags, that are immersed in Hot water till correct temperature.....Go to Publix for a few more dollars and get a Boars Head Sub...which in all honesty, is twice the size.

I lived in Pittsburgh when I attended the university. Sometimes, weather is overblown when talking about a recruits decision. That’s not the case with Pittsburgh. It’s much worse than say Philadelphia because it’s closer to the Great Lakes. I remember it snowing everyday for a month straight one year. No big storms, but at least flurries from the lake effect. The big lakes also cause it to be cloudy and overcast all the time. This would be great in Miami when it’s 100 degrees, but it really sucks when it’s 30 degrees and there is an additional wind chill. I love parts about the area, but I moved away as soon as I could do so. I definitely enjoyed living in D.C., Philly, and Baltimore a lot more than Pittsburgh. Whenever the Canes play at Pitt, I always attend the games. The 2017 loss was heartbreaking to watch. As an alum it’s the only other football school I root for besides Miami. I still wear my Canes gear to the games though. I only applied to 2 colleges, Miami and Pitt. Miami said no thanks, so I ended up at Pitt.
The no Sun living around the Great Lakes bothers me more than the cold in the winter.

Wawa is TRASH.....They get their "PRE-Sliced" meats via delivery from up north. God only knows how long ago the meat was sliced. There is absolutely NO prep work done at WaWa.....besides the sliced meats, most everything else is shipped to the stores in heavy plastic Culinary Bags, that are immersed in Hot water till correct temperature.....Go to Publix for a few more dollars and get a Boars Head Sub...which in all honesty, is twice the size.
Jersey people would always rave about Wawa

So that says enough

Sorry @Dwinstitles

Advertisement
That wind chill…it’s inhumane

But since moving to the south my mental health is exponentially better

Low Vitamin D levels in people is the epidemic no one really talks about
I can deal with the wind chill, as long as there is sun. Not seeing the sun for stretches of more than 6 days is no way to live. Its why Im a fan of lights being up way after Xmas. Not a fan of actual Xmas lights but something. No sun and it gets dark at 5pm? Fvck that noise

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back