2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom delonge wtf GIF

Advertisement
This doesn’t sound like NIL. This sounds like a kid who just wants to go elsewhere.
Oh yeah, it's in kid's best interest... Ha, Ha, Ha. I don't buy it... Kids of this Calibur from S. Florida have been lead / directed to these programs for years. We know them all. NIL is going to change the game, but Pre-NIL (bags) are not going to go away! NIL's don't kick in until after they sign!!! The key is getting them to sign.

Oh yeah, it's in kid's best interest... Ha, Ha, Ha. I don't buy it... Kids of this Calibur from S. Florida have been lead / directed to these programs for years. We know them all. NIL is going to change the game, but Pre-NIL (bags) are not going to go away! NIL's don't kick in until after they sign!!! The key is getting them to sign.
I don’t know what’s in each kid’s best interest. I left Miami for school as I wanted to get away so I get that and I went to a school without a football program to keep my allegiances straight. Lol.

That said I wasn’t a football player and if I was and had a Miami offer I would have taken it because I love the Canes but these kids today - a lot of them didn’t grow up like we did where we identified with the Canes as a manifestation of pride in where we’re from.

For anyone who was on page 75 before dinner but smartly skipped to the end instead of reading it all like I did:

A dude who’s part of Lamar’s Miller camp but also calls one of our commits a joke has posted twenty eleven times just telling us over and over Hykeem isn’t coming.

Youre all caught up now.
I was with it until dude called one of our ‘24 commits, who is recruiting harder than probably any other recruit, a joke. Maybe he meant it in a joking way but that’s not cool IMO

This thread went full AIDS

Last edited:
JJ and Butch both heavily relied on OOS kids.
They relied on OOS kids for difference makers (although there were a few from FL). The core of their classes was what today would be solid 4*s from not just So FL but south of Orlando, guys that fit their scheme but may not check all of the boxes. That's where their evaluation skills came. They skewed their evaluations towards speed AND intelligence. The trick was to get the right ones.

Advertisement
I was with it until dude called one of our ‘24 commits, who is recruiting harder than probably any other recruit, a joke. Maybe he meant it in a joking way but that’s not cool IMO

This thread went full AIDS

It certainly was a harsh way to put it, but I believe he was calling the effort to get Hakeem a joke.

This dudes a joke lol

Which dude?

Antoine if he thinks that he is getting Keem here.

I think I’ve said it prior but it’s time to stash Hykeem away on the “Check back with him in late October” big board. If we are hitting on all cylinders and either undefeated or have one loss going into that Clemson game..recruits like Hykeem will take notice. You know he will be at home games this year to check the vibes. Be patient and let the season play out. It’s way too early to call this one either way. Some kids we will need to fight for until December.

Maannnn....F-him....I know it's the same cliche, "if he doesn't want to be here then get to steppin"....but it's true. If he doesn't want to be part of what Mario is diligently building, with a plethora of Grade A assistant coaches to learn from. Not to mention an incredible influx of $$$$$$ to the program, enabling us to upgrade facilities, then do everyone a favor and haul ***.

Advertisement
Maannnn....F-him....I know it's the same cliche, "if he doesn't want to be here then get to steppin"....but it's true. If he doesn't want to be part of what Mario is diligently building, with a plethora of Grade A assistant coaches to learn from. Not to mention an incredible influx of $$$$$$ to the program, enabling us to upgrade facilities, then do everyone a favor and haul ***.
All I needed to know.

Not Gona be easy getting elite WR here until they see what the offense looks like here. (If it is indeed balanced enough) Programs are easily scaring recruits saying we’re just going to pound the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Inniss (OSU) & Brown (LSU) committed elsewhere and Williams seeming like he loves the recruiting process more than the game itself (we’ve seen how these turn out countless times), I’d be all in favor of the WR board expanding nationally in our search for explosive size/speed boundary receivers.

Maybe the stars align and we can make a push for a blue-chip WR who’s not even being talked about on the board right now. Different position, of course, but Citizen wasn’t discussed at all here until the 11th hour and Mario landed him out of Louisiana against SEC suitors who wanted him badly.

Mario and co.’s national recruiting approach is the best way to handle this local WR situation. If the well is poisoned, go elsewhere for your supply until it gets fixed.

Advertisement
Here is the thing that still confuses me.

Keep hearing this narrative that schools are negatively recruiting Mario for his pound the ball offensive philosophy.

I get it, but the schools that are doing this, and some of favorites for these So FL diva WRs run the ball more than Mario!!

UGA does
Napier did at Louisiana
Texas and Jimbo are barely behind Mario offense at Oregon last year in running, but they ran more than throw.

For anyone who was on page 75 before dinner but smartly skipped to the end instead of reading it all like I did:

A dude who’s part of Lamar’s Miller camp but also calls one of our commits a joke has posted twenty eleven times just telling us over and over Hykeem isn’t coming.

Youre all caught up now.
Thank you. What a waste of 10 pages by someone who clearly wanted some attention.

someone that's connected to the kids, on here saying that Mario isn't giving local kids love.... You're the problem.

Mario is a relentless dude that is after the absolute best, especially if they're in HIS backyard. Anyone saying anything different is just a troll trying to create a narrative that he can pander to the masses (as in all the kids without offers). The kids haven't been the problem, its been the grown ups guiding them saying this dumb **** and more so now when we literally have the most qualified staff and support in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back