2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think

I personally believe there will be some 23 and 24 kids who don't like his style as they are still waiting for the on field success to match the elite recruiting tactics. That being said we will still land top 7 classes at the least. Again disclaimer here this is my opinion. As far as who we have in the fold yes I am very excited. One other thing. we are hiring at least 3 more analysts in the coming weeks and will really have an amped up staff for recruiting season.
Were getting the cookie monster arent we?

Advertisement
I hate to say it, but I’m reading this, and other recent recruiting trends, as Mario is hitting the same recruiting wall that all of our other coaches have hit.

I’m starting to think Miami fans need to scale back their recruiting expectations of Mario.

Consistent top 15 classes would be a huge improvement, but if we are expecting top 5-10 classes than I think we are setting ourselves up for a let down by expecting Mario to come in and all of a sudden just have the secret sauce with SFL recruits that we’ve been missing.

I love Mario, and I think we got our guy, but he’s been missing more than he’s been hitting SO FAR. Pains me to say, but that’s the sense I’ve been getting since he’s been here.
Man go take ur scary *** to bed & put ur wife’s panties on! Don’t come back to this board until u grow a pair

I hate to say it, but I’m reading this, and other recent recruiting trends, as Mario is hitting the same recruiting wall that all of our other coaches have hit.

I’m starting to think Miami fans need to scale back their recruiting expectations of Mario.

Consistent top 15 classes would be a huge improvement, but if we are expecting top 5-10 classes than I think we are setting ourselves up for a let down by expecting Mario to come in and all of a sudden just have the secret sauce with SFL recruits that we’ve been missing.

I love Mario, and I think we got our guy, but he’s been missing more than he’s been hitting SO FAR. Pains me to say, but that’s the sense I’ve been getting since he’s been here.
I know you’re going to catch heat for the premise but I see what you’re saying. “Locking down South Florida” may not be the same concept it used to be.

I think recruiting has changed and people really have brands that kids respect in South Florida now. That 15 years of mediocrity has given people in roads to high schools and new brands have become dream schools in a way that changes the landscape from what we knew.

I say this while believing the class will be amazing but I’m starting to think it will be a grind that Mario will ultimately succeed but not some magical bump class where all the people we want jump on early.

top 15 class last year in a month of work. Ever increasing NIL deals and commitment from UM. Top 3 AD in the nation and some of the best coaches and supporting staff in the nation. Yeah Minimum top 10 class in an off year. Expect 3-7 finishes regularly.

Man go take ur scary *** to bed & put ur wife’s panties on! Don’t come back to this board until u grow a pair
You can miss me with that **** kid. I’m a grown a$$ man and ima say what I want to. Get out your feelings just because you’ve been letting these lames on here get under your skin with those childish a$$ high school catch phrases you’ve been spamming the board with.

I let you say what you want to without attacking you, you’re gonna give me the same respect.

Advertisement
stripes lighten GIF

I think if anything our fans completely got ahead of ourselves and started thinking we were getting everybody but that what fans do. There was a large group on here that thought Manny was getting everyone. We are further ahead in recruiting for the first time in a long time. Well, the 18 class was looking great at this time as well but that’s apples to oranges. 18 was utterly loaded in SFLA. Mario has us in it for studs all across the nation.

You can miss me with that **** kid. I’m a grown a$$ man and ima say what I want to. Get out your feelings just because you’ve been letting these lames on here get under your skin with those childish a$$ high school catch phrases you’ve been spamming the board with.

I let you say what you want to without attacking you, you’re gonna give me the same respect.
I respect what ur saying & I apologize! But I ain’t been spamming ****! I’m a grown *** man! Ain’t no kid in me! Watch how u talk to me by the way

Some of these kids just can’t get enough attention. Especially guys like Innis and Williams. They expect Miami to bend over backwards. They are being recruited hard by the staff currently.

I’ve said it the day we hired Mario… he will have to recruit the hardest he’s ever had to now that he’s at Miami.

At the end of the day we really need to hit on our evaluations. That is what we’ve lacked the most under previous regimes. If Mario can evaluate correctly we won’t have to worry about all these soflo divas.

If we still have 4-5 commits heading into fall camp then get worried.

Advertisement
top 15 class last year in a month of work. Ever increasing NIL deals and commitment from UM. Top 3 AD in the nation and some of the best coaches and supporting staff in the nation. Yeah Minimum top 10 class in an off year. Expect 3-7 finishes regularly.
Man, I ******* hope so.... that’s why I visit this site every day of my life. I hope so so bad that I wind up convincing myself of impractical results. I think Mario is the best recruiting head coach in the game, make no mistake about it, but I think it’s a bit of a different animal here at Miami.

Like the other poster pointed out, recruiting has changed and we have to deal with this whole “best talent in the world right in our backyard” thing. It’s true, but it’s a blessing and a curse for us.

Also, my expectations have simply been reset recently and I’m not going to go in to every year thinking we’re getting everyone and going to the playoffs every year. I’m done convincing my self that there’s behind the scene conspiracies going on in recruiting and that we are getting the “AH4” and things of the like. I’m done expecting Flowe to miraculously hit the portal and come to Miami just so I can validate my crazy phrophecies.

I love this U.. have since I can remember... you’ll never, not once, ever, find me rooting for anything other than a win (on the field and in recruiting) regardless of who’s the ****head at coach.

But I’m not setting myself up for disappointment any more. Give me consistent 8-4 & 9-3 seasons and Top 15 classes first and I’ll go from there.

I'm not worried at all. Were young but we got some decent talent... We've got Brinson, George, Redding, Ladson, Bradshaw and Horton all 4* Restrepo and Worsham 3* For 2023 you already got Robbie 4* and Lamar 3*=>4*. That's 10. I think we take 2 more. Jalen and call me crazy, but I think we get Brandon! Other Dade / Broward guys include Andy, Nathaiel, Hykeem. Not only that, Mario has dudes coming in from all over.

Yep, I remember a couple of months ago when all of the folks were freaking out over Mario’s staff. Now he has one of the best staffs in the nation. Our coach ain’t no rookie and he sho nuff ain’t fixing to get punked by no 17 year old kid. Let the man do his job and see where we at come November.

Advertisement

Lol. This guy!

Advertisement
I remember my first college practice… frosh reported earlier than others … we got on the field to line up for stretches… first thing out of coach’s mouth “for the last year you have been recruits, now your asses are mine”…. Some of these players are in for a rude awakening
This! You go from getting your asses kissed, to getting your asses kicked!

Some of these kids just can’t get enough attention. Especially guys like Innis and Williams. They expect Miami to bend over backwards. They are being recruited hard by the staff currently.

I’ve said it the day we hired Mario… he will have to recruit the hardest he’s ever had to now that he’s at Miami.

At the end of the day we really need to hit on our evaluations. That is what we’ve lacked the most under previous regimes. If Mario can evaluate correctly we won’t have to worry about all these soflo divas.

If we still have 4-5 commits heading into fall camp then get worried.
Hardest job in the country when u have Kirby and Saban right there who are monster recruiters and eval guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back