2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but..... Hasn't it been mentioned that he didn't want to waste one of his OVs to visit here because he's been here like 10x already and he can literally just visit whenever he likes? I feel like I heard this in an interview he did.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but..... Hasn't it been mentioned that he didn't want to waste one of his OVs to visit here because he's been here like 10x already and he can literally just visit whenever he likes? I feel like I heard this in an interview he did.
He can come whenever he likes but he hasn’t been here at all. It’s ok. He isn’t being recruited. There must be a reason.

Advertisement
Let this play out. There are a few kids down here who are upset about the lack of attention since spring practice started smh. It's beyond annoying but don't believe everything you read right now. After the spring game some things are going to change when our staff is in full recruiting mode. Maybe I said too much here but it needed to be said. I alluded to this a couple of times over the past two weeks.

He can come whenever he likes but he hasn’t been here at all. It’s ok. He isn’t being recruited. There must be a reason.
So ..... He goes from Mario's personal #1 recruit (or at least at WR) to not being recruited at all???? 🤔🤔🤔

Let this play out. There are a few kids down here who are upset about the lack of attention since spring practice started smh. It's beyond annoying but don't believe everything you read right now. After the spring game some things are going to change when our staff is in full recruiting mode. Maybe I said too much here but it needed to be said. I alluded to this a couple of times over the past two weeks.
Right on man.

So ..... He goes from Mario's personal #1 recruit (or at least at WR) to not being recruited at all???? 🤔🤔🤔
Doesn’t seem like he was Mario’s #1 guy. We’ve had probably 100 guys here for spring practice. Not once with Hykeem. There is a reason. I don’t know what it is, but Mario’s #1 guy would have been here at some point.

Advertisement
This could also be true. But still odd he hasn’t been here when so many others have. A bunch from out of state.

I can see this 100%. I’m glad the team is the main focus right now. AND we’re still getting tons of visits. Just not begging for them. That’s a good thing!

Focus on big-time portal needs now, and then go nuts on the HS trail starting next week.

Perhaps this the reason the 4* recruit that you alluded to a couple weeks ago hasn't popped yet?

Advertisement
You can’t please everyone no matter what you do.

He's not in the group I'm talking about. He is committed but I can't say why it's not public. I know most people don't view silents as commits so I'll fall back on that one and say I was temporarily wrong lol.
Appreciate it and all the info you share while keeping things private for the players/coaches! Whenever he pops, we'll change that to permanently right LOL.

Do you think that this semi-butt hurt attitude is just a temporary bump in the road as people get used to Mario's recruiting style? Seems like from what I've gathered, you and other insiders are overwhelmingly pumped about the silent commits about to go public + the high level targets we have a good shot with despite some of the unrest from this smaller group.

Last edited:
I think
Appreciate it and all the info you share while keeping things private for the players/coaches! Whenever he pops, we'll change that to permanently right LOL.

Do you think that this semi-butt hurt attitude is just a temporary bump in the road as people get used to Mario's recruiting style? Seems like from what I've gathered, you and other insiders are still pumped about the silent commits about to go public + the high level targets we have a good shot with despite some of this unrest from this smaller group.
I personally believe there will be some 23 and 24 kids who don't like his style as they are still waiting for the on field success to match the elite recruiting tactics. That being said we will still land top 7 classes at the least. Again disclaimer here this is my opinion. As far as who we have in the fold yes I am very excited. One other thing. we are hiring at least 3 more analysts in the coming weeks and will really have an amped up staff for recruiting season.

Advertisement
I remember my first college practice… frosh reported earlier than others … we got on the field to line up for stretches… first thing out of coach’s mouth “for the last year you have been recruits, now your asses are mine”…. Some of these players are in for a rude awakening

that mindset right there is an illness that has encapsulated South FL football. It has held this program hostage in a way that no other program is held hostage.

I see why Mario is casting a very very wide net. We will win with or without you, but you will not hold the University of Miami hostage. Now not every coach can pull that off. But Mario has a Phd in recruiting. Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, Nick Saban. If someone is equipped to handle this area, it's Mario Cristobal.

I think

I personally believe there will be some 23 and 24 kids who don't like his style as they are still waiting for the on field success to match the elite recruiting tactics. That being said we will still land top 7 classes at the least. Again disclaimer here this is my opinion. As far as who we have in the fold yes I am very excited. One other thing. we are hiring at least 3 more analysts in the coming weeks and will really have an amped up staff for recruiting season.
I hate to say it, but I’m reading this, and other recent recruiting trends, as Mario is hitting the same recruiting wall that all of our other coaches have hit.

I’m starting to think Miami fans need to scale back their recruiting expectations of Mario.

Consistent top 15 classes would be a huge improvement, but if we are expecting top 5-10 classes than I think we are setting ourselves up for a let down by expecting Mario to come in and all of a sudden just have the secret sauce with SFL recruits that we’ve been missing.

I love Mario, and I think we got our guy, but he’s been missing more than he’s been hitting SO FAR. Pains me to say, but that’s the sense I’ve been getting since he’s been here.

I hate to say it, but I’m reading this, and other recent recruiting trends, as Mario is hitting the same recruiting wall all of our other coaches have hit.

I’m starting to think Miami fans need to scale back their recruiting expectations of Mario.

Consistent top 15 classes would be a huge improvement, but I think we are setting ourselves up for a let down expecting Mario to come in and all of a sudden just have the secret sauce with SFL recruits that we’ve been missing.

I love Mario, and I think we got our guy, but he’s been missing more than he’s been hitting SO FAR.
Its early... I dont see any walls being hit, if anything we are sitting prettier than any class since Golden's 14 class. I know we hated on Golden but he had a monster class coming together til we **** the bed at the end of the season, was going to be top 5. We are in on so many prospects right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back