Husker fan actual quote

shannonpos04

Recruit
I live in Nebraska but been a Cane fan for past 30 years and tonight I met a parent of one of my students, who loves the Huskers, but not the Canes. He said to me quote, "I now see why they fly the banners and I would donate to the banners seeing how bad a coach Golden is. He did everything to lose that game. I see why you want him gone."

I told him thank you. If someone (non Miami fan) like this can see whats going on, shouldnt everyone???

Advertisement
I live in Nebraska but been a Cane fan for past 30 years and tonight I met a parent of one of my students, who loves the Huskers, but not the Canes. He said to me quote, "I now see why they fly the banners and I would donate to the banners seeing how bad a coach Golden is. He did everything to lose that game. I see why you want him gone."

I told him thank you. If someone (non Miami fan) like this can see whats going on, shouldnt everyone???

Nebraska fans saw it. Their radio host saw it leading up to the game when he tore Golden to shreds with facts that have been repeated here ad nauseum. National media members who never comment on Miami unless we're on national TV saw it and were relentless on social media as the collapse was unfolding. That's what happens when you blow a 23-point fourth quarter lead in regulation and analytics show the opponent had a 0.8% chance to win with 11:14 remaining.

But the slurp squad believes everyone else is crazy/stupid for loathing Golden and everything is fine because we're 3-0. It's like the first four years of Golden's tenure, all his recruiting failures, going 6-7 last year with all that NFL talent, the first 2 & 1/2 quarters vs. FAU, and the 4th quarter against Nebraska never happened.

Nebraska fans saw it. Their radio host saw it leading up to the game when he tore Golden to shreds with facts that have been repeated here ad nauseum. National media members who never comment on Miami unless we're on national TV saw it and were relentless on social media as the collapse was unfolding. That's what happens when you blow a 23-point fourth quarter lead in regulation and analytics show the opponent had a 0.8% chance to win with 11:14 remaining.

But the slurp squad believes everyone else is crazy/stupid for loathing Golden and everything is fine because we're 3-0. It's like the first four years of Golden's tenure, all his recruiting failures, going 6-7 last year with all that NFL talent, the first 2 & 1/2 quarters vs. FAU, and the 4th quarter against Nebraska never happened.

Nebraska fans live football, probably more than anyone else including bama, texas, and taint. There is no pro sport. There is huskers. The royals and chiefs are the closest and still like 4 hours away. They probably know Miami football better than Miami fans. It was obvious the talent level just wasn't there. Coaching and Tommy Armstrong brought them back and they know it.

We'll see if this Nebraska team is another OSU/UF game in the next couple weeks. If they suck, it will be a hard game to explain.

I know its not original, but when a die hard non Miami Husker fan tells me he feels sorry for me (a Canes fan) for having Golden as a coach, that says a lot.

Advertisement
I don't think Golden was bad against Nebraska. We were aggressive and won in spite of TERRIBLE refs

Advertisement
I don't think Golden was bad against Nebraska. We were aggressive and won in spite of TERRIBLE refs

So getting a sideline penalty, after he had been warned, leading directly to seven points isn't on the Golden?

Excluding the one that got called back by penalty, How about the other times we were terrible in the redzone, is that not on the coaches either?

Or being 3-14 on third downs, I guess every one of those was because of the refs?

Giving up 23 points in the 8 minutes must have been the refs as well, right?

Last edited:
Advertisement

this. and only this.

Coach pushed all the right buttons. I want to suck his ****.

Let me suck your **** coach.

This won't get deleted, right ? I love the coach. Got them HUSKERS rattled. You're the best coach !!

rumor has it that Tom Osborne called Lane Kiffen after their loss to BYU. Heard he got another call after this game as Nebraska really got manhandled despite the comeback.

Advertisement
I think OC and the DC called great games. But it seems like they are told to coach conservatively when they have the lead and that falls on golden. That's the reason for the comebacks

i want golden gone but the refs costs us like 5 td's our first two fg's were because they got away with pass interfernce. then two were called back. scotts non catch was in the red zone. also, their ol was blocking in the back and holding like crazy.

Advertisement
Back