Hurts to Oklahoma

And if I was 6”8 I could really be Lebron James..all jokes aside I hope your right. Just wouldn’t bet on it
The only reasons I have for my opinion, quite simply, it looks like our QB play actually regressed, under previous coaching.
Would like to hear from someone who has personal ties to students, what they feel like.

Advertisement
The only reasons I have for my opinion, quite simply, it looks like our QB play actually regressed, under previous coaching.
Would like to hear from someone who has personal ties to students, what they feel like.
I don’t think they regressed individually tbh. Rosier was what he was. The oline In 17 was average and played good at times. This year the oline was terrible. And my biggest problem was the way Richt handled the qb situation. I think it shook 12s confidence. And as a marginal talent that made him worse imo. Point blank. But still the mistakes perry would make on the field i could live with as a RS freshman even tho I was frustrated. But it’s the constant off the field things on top of the on the field that leads me to think he doesn’t have the maturity.

Advertisement
I don’t think they regressed individually tbh. Rosier was what he was. The oline In 17 was average and played good at times. This year the oline was terrible. And my biggest problem was the way Richt handled the qb situation. I think it shook 12s confidence. And as a marginal talent that made him worse imo. Point blank. But still the mistakes perry would make on the field i could live with as a RS freshman even tho I was frustrated. But it’s the constant off the field things on top of the on the field that leads me to think he doesn’t have the maturity.
I think (hope, maybe a more suitable term)an upgrade in leadershup at the coaching position, reflects in our students!
One can hope

I think (hope, maybe a more suitable term)an upgrade in leadershup at the coaching position, reflects in our students!
One can hope
Tbh the interaction coaches have with these guys directly is limited. He has to be accountable for himself. But aye I hope it clicks for him

I get the sense this season gonna be diff than what we've grown accustomed to. Gonna be weird seeing both sides if the ball trying to get after it!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can Hurts measure up to the standard of Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray? His play at Alabama seemed limited compared to those two. Who knows, maybe Riley can coach him into it, but I think he may be setting himself up for some harsh judgments.

The only reason I liked him possibly coming to UM was that it was another good look for the program for attracting a prominent name. But would he really be such an asset? Our situation is just the opposite of Oklahoma right now. If he came here and wasn't immediately great, people would start getting down on the coaches and other players. We really need a QB who grows and makes a name for himself here.

Those two were gifted passers and creators. If Riley can make Hurts into another Hypesman candidate I 'd be ready to crown him as QB guru, QB whisperer- extraordinaire, or whatever accolades you want to give him.

Those two were gifted passers and creators. If Riley can make Hurts into another Hypesman candidate I 'd be ready to crown him as QB guru, QB whisperer- extraordinaire, or whatever accolades you want to give him.

^This.

Advertisement
Perry with real coaching, and leadership, may possibly produce a good QB here. Let's just see how this plays out,.. I'm not sure this whole QB debacle, doesn't fix itself, with a real, collegiate level coach!

Unfortunately, so far, Perry has proven he's a million dollar talent with a five dollar head...not a winning combination.

Hopefully, Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr, brain surgeon, world renowned for inventing a method of "cranial *****-top" brain surgery, will accept Perry as a patient.

Dream scenario:
We beat Clemson in ACCCG.
CFP:
1. Alabama
2. OSU
3. UM
4. OU

OU beats Bama to get in championship game.
UM beats OSU. Revenge for 2002.
UM beats OU denying Hurts another NC.

Advertisement
Back