Hurricanes RB talent...

bomb

Band
Banned
When fall camp opens this year and assuming Yearby is healthy, Miami will be more TALENTED at RB that its been since 2001. And it might even get better and better the next three years.

Advertisement
When fall camp opens this year and assuming Yearby is healthy, Miami will be more TALENTED at RB that its been since 2001. And it might even get better and better the next three years.
Ummm this is not a true statement. Duke is elite everyone else is unproven. I'll leave it at that.

Ummm this is not a true statement. Duke is elite everyone else is unproven. I'll leave it at that.

Your right ! We are all excited about our RB pickups but it's too early to crown them. I definitely think however that the future is bright.

yearby??? you schleep!!! one of the best backs to come out of dade county EVER.... Duke and yearby are elite backs

yearby??? you schleep!!! one of the best backs to come out of dade county EVER.... Duke and yearby are elite backs
Lol its too early bruh. Yearby is that deal but he is coming off that injury I just hope he is back to 100%. It's probably that Dade County in me but I want him to be the #2 back instead of Gus. Nobody has better feet then Yearby.

Advertisement

I think its fair to insert the * that Yearby hasn't played a snap yet. I can't argue your position. But you also can't say I'm logically wrong. But IMO by the middle of the season, my statement will be incontrovertible.

2nd best roster IMO since then was obviously 2002, which was McG, Geathers, and Payton. I give 2014 the edge going in. Remember, I am talking straight talent, not production. I am not counting Gore who was hurt.

I think we'd all be surprised if yearby isn't the 2nd back after a few games and if he doesn't have a big freshman season. It's duke and Edwards and yearby. Yearby will be counted on early and often.

Bobby Washington, Charlie Jones, and Andrew Johnson? Not to mention Thomas? We haven't been this loaded at RB since 2001!

Advertisement
Lol its too early bruh. Yearby is that deal but he is coming off that injury I just hope he is back to 100%. It's probably that Dade County in me but I want him to be the #2 back instead of Gus. Nobody has better feet then Yearby.

We need Gus to punish defense more than duke and yearby!! I can careless who is 2, the good thing is Gus was turning it on at the end of last year. Going to be nice to have the 3 plus tucker as well. not sure about the ranking thing.

Washington never qualified. Johnson may have never played a down - at least that I recall. Jones was far over-rated.

Bobby Washington, Charlie Jones, and Andrew Johnson? Not to mention Thomas? We haven't been this loaded at RB since 2001!

Advertisement
RB is still a question mark, but trending up. We could end up with the best corps in the ACC if everything goes as planned.

Word is that Yearby is 100%. The kid was amazing in HS, he's a local legend, just look at his highlights. So assuming Yearby is back, we have 2 of the 20 best RBs in the country. I'm not sold on Edwards yet, and while Tucker looked great in Spring, and reminds me of a bigger Damien Berry in his running style, let's see if that translates. On the other hand, if Gray gets in, I would be shocked if they keep him at slot given our depth at WR, and expect him to carry the rock. One of those three should be able to deliver on 3rd downs between the tackles.

Advertisement
RB is still a question mark, but trending up. We could end up with the best corps in the ACC if everything goes as planned.

Word is that Yearby is 100%. The kid was amazing in HS, he's a local legend, just look at his highlights. So assuming Yearby is back, we have 2 of the 20 best RBs in the country. I'm not sold on Edwards yet, and while Tucker looked great in Spring, and reminds me of a bigger Damien Berry in his running style, let's see if that translates. On the other hand, if Gray gets in, I would be shocked if they keep him at slot given our depth at WR, and expect him to carry the rock. One of those three should be able to deliver on 3rd downs between the tackles.

RB is a question mark? No, It's the best position on our team.
QB is a question mark at this point, not RB.

That's a bigger indictment of our RB talent since 2001 than it is a celebration of our current stable. We have the incredible Duke, a great HS prospect, and pretty much nothing else.

Advertisement
Back