Off-Topic Hurricane Season

I wonder how old some of those are, and how far back they go in time?
I have some that are 12,000yrs old (Clovis Points) all Paleo points are 10,000 to 12,000yrs old....for instance, this is a 10,000 yr old Simpson Point...5ft deep at Lake Apopka...
20210425_181315.jpg

Advertisement
It is kind of amazing what we as people use to create. Though I guess there was a lot more time, a lot less distractions, and a lot more necessity to it.

@SWFLHurricane thanks for the responses and the pictures. This stuff fascinates me.

I think one thing that I take from it, and there’s a lot that can be learned from it, not just this, is that there was a huge thriving population of Paleolithic humans living in Florida, and by inference in the Americas, during that time.

Think how many artifacts have yet to be discovered.

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane thanks for the responses and the pictures. This stuff fascinates me.

I think one thing that I take from it, and there’s a lot that can be learned from it, not just this, is that there was a huge thriving population of Paleolithic humans living in Florida, and by inference in the Americas, during that time.

Think how many artifacts have yet to be discovered.
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ....Up until about 20yrs ago, Most experts thought that 10,000yrs ago Paleo people ALL came from only the Siberian Land bridge and migrated throughout North America....which is ridiculous. The largest amount of Paleo points are found in the South East, dispelling that thought process. Now it's widely accepted that they came to North America from all over. From the Pacific Rim to Cali...from South America to the Gulf coast, and from Europe to the Chesapeake Bay area. Radio Carbon dating has grown expedentially in the last 20yrs as well. Artifacts found at the Page Ladson site in Florida's Aucilla River has been verified to be 15,000yrs old...and now new studies the past 10yrs say that Paleoman has been in America quite possibly 20-30,000yrs ago. MeadowCroft in Pennsylvania (Rock overhang)...several sites in Texas, and a Paleo site off the Savanah River have produced Artifacts well below the Clovis Strata. This is the oldest Point I've ever found. From Lake Apopka, and 5ft deep...so deep that it was laying on Hardpan. It was papered to be 11,000-12,000yrs old...Found it in 2003. It's called a Simpson Point...and if you Google Florida Simpson projectile point, you'll see this to be genuine. I was offered $2,500 for it, but politely refused because of its age....Probably Worth in excess of $3,500 today.
20210425_181334.jpg

Advertisement
So fūcking amazing.

That’s brilliant making those into jewelry. Those things are, I think, worth way more than those prices you mentioned.
Yeah, the Jeweler and his Dad (The actual Goldsmith) moved to Lake Nona 6 months ago. The prices were very affordable...Black one was $150...the other 2 $120 each....but in Actual worth without the Gold...the Black one $650...the other 2 about $250 each. When I wear the Black Greenbrier, I get hoards of compliments.
20210205_140103.jpg

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ...here's 2 Agatized Coral Points soaking in Mineral Oil...we do that to showcase their Colors. Orange one is striated Coral...where the Indian Knapped the point with the grain. The purple one was Knapped against the grain, and if you Zoom in...you can see the Star Bursts of the Coral. Without question, the most sought after points in America, because Agatized Coral is only found in Florida. I once had a Famous collector in California tell me he'd pay double Top Dollar for any Point I'd like to sell. The Orange one has a Snapped base...but the colors are crazy...both about 6,000yrs old.
20200610_202131.jpg

Yeah, the Jeweler and his Dad (The actual Goldsmith) moved to Lake Nona 6 months ago. The prices were very affordable...Black one was $150...the other 2 $120 each....but in Actual worth without the Gold...the Black one $650...the other 2 about $250 each. When I wear the Black Greenbrier, I get hoards of compliments.View attachment 211728

This one is so bad ***

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ...here's 2 Agatized Coral Points soaking in Mineral Oil...we do that to showcase their Colors. Orange one is striated Coral...where the Indian Knapped the point with the grain. The purple one was Knapped against the grain, and if you Zoom in...you can see the Star Bursts of the Coral. Without question, the most sought after points in America, because Agatized Coral is only found in Florida. I once had a Famous collector in California tell me he'd pay double Top Dollar for any Point I'd like to sell. The Orange one has a Snapped base...but the colors are crazy...both about 6,000yrs old.
View attachment 211735

Honestly the colors are amazing

Advertisement

The architects and construction crews that are making these things happen so fast is amazing. This is what this country is about. What is happening in Florida to help those communities is great. I know people and businesses from other states have donated and helped… which is why this country is the greatest in the world.

The architects and construction crews that are making these things happen so fast is amazing. This is what this country is about. What is happening in Florida to help those communities is great. I know people and businesses from other states have donated and helped… which is why this country is the greatest in the world.

Too bad a good portion of our population hates the country they live in. I’m a strong believer in doing everything we can to improve America’s exceptionalism, if we don’t we are doomed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back