Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Maybe I'm numb to the whole climate change bit.

I can understand that, but he chose this opportunity to talk about climate change and green policies. If that’s not political I don’t know what is.

He could’ve picked another time and place to shill the green climate change scam. So in my view, yes, he politicized it during a non-political (supposedly) trip.

And I know what you mean about being numb, but that’s how we get steamrolled with crazy green policies, which in a big way have to do with our current gas situation, having to go beg Venezuela and Saudi Arabia to increase production, while our petroleum reserves are getting sucked dry.

Advertisement
I can understand that, but he chose this opportunity to talk about climate change and green policies. If that’s not political I don’t know what is.

He could’ve picked another time and place to shill the green climate change scam. So in my view, yes, he politicized it during a non-political (supposedly) trip.

And I know what you mean about being numb, but that’s how we get steamrolled with crazy green policies, which in a big way have to do with our current gas situation, having to go beg Venezuela and Saudi Arabia to increase production, while our petroleum reserves are getting sucked dry.
Everyone knows carbon doesn't count if it's pumped elsewhere. It's science. Kind of like how Germany burning wood pellets by the shipload is green energy because it's considered renewable biomass.

Advertisement
I don’t think these disasters should be political, but maybe MSM was right. These big batteries corroding can’t be good for the environment
It shouldn't be, but it's definitely a hurdle to be overcome because natural disasters will always happen.

Ian is now Florida's Deadliest Hurricane since 1935....Most of the victims drowned.
Brother,

As time goes by EVERYTHING points to Ian as the worst hurricane to hit this country in history in every category .

As far as death, they will be finding bodies months maybe years after buried as backhoe and digging equipment rebuilds.

Earlier I mentioned my guess 200 plus then I said wow no way brother very sad but it could be close to this.

You’ve been right in so many posts about this killer hurricane but we all were and are still in shock of what’s coming out lately.

I hear you loud and clear eyes wide open.

It shouldn't be, but it's definitely a hurdle to be overcome because natural disasters will always happen.
Very tru… over time there are warmer and colder years and there are stronger and weaker storms.

Some say natural disasters are more frequent or stronger, but some say… not so fast

Advertisement
As far as death, they will be finding bodies months maybe years after buried as backhoe and digging equipment rebuilds.

Earlier I mentioned my guess 200 plus then I said wow no way brother very sad but it could be close to this.

Well you can thank your Lee County public officials for that. They had ample enough time to call for a mandatory evacutaion per their own policy, instead they sat around with their thumbs up their asses and let people die, they have blood on their hands

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @SWFLHurricane This is what you were referring to earlier in the thread.

But the Rich keep staying...SWFL has more Millionaires than anywhere in the state...with Naples being #1....and Sarasota (Longboat Key) #3....and if you look at the areas that had the Worst of the Worst damage...they happen to be in areas that aren't the richest....Ft Myers Bch...Iona..etc..
What killed Captiva and Sanibel more than mass destruction was the Surge/Flooding/erosion..nothing that the US Corps of Engineers won't be working on quickly, by pumping sand back to replace what has eroded.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But the Rich keep staying...SWFL has more Millionaires than anywhere in the state...with Naples being #1....and Sarasota (Longboat Key) #3....and if you look at the areas that had the Worst of the Worst damage...they happen to be in areas that aren't the richest....Ft Myers Bch...Iona..etc..
What killed Captiva and Sanibel more than mass destruction was the Surge/Flooding/erosion..nothing that the US Corps of Engineers won't be working on quickly, by pumping sand back to replace what has eroded.

Do you know if the Sanibel coastline, and the beautiful beaches on Sanibel, Captiva, North Captiva, and all those other islands north of there, if that sand was destroyed/eroded. I know in the scheme of everything that’s happened, all the destruction and suffering, it’s small potatoes, but it was a beautiful natural area.

Do you know if the Sanibel coastline, and the beautiful beaches on Sanibel, Captiva, North Captiva, and all those other islands north of there, if that sand was destroyed/eroded. I know in the scheme of everything that’s happened, all the destruction and suffering, it’s small potatoes, but it was a beautiful natural area.
It was severely messed up..as it was with Charley as well. What will happen, the U.S Corps of Engineers will come in and pump Sand back in to reestablish the shoreline. Takes a minute, but it'll happen. The area has been one of my favorites (along with Siesta Key & Longboat Key in Sarasota) since the Mid 70s. To be able to live on Captiva from 81-83 was truly a blessing. Incredible area.

It was severely messed up..as it was with Charley as well. What will happen, the U.S Corps of Engineers will come in and pump Sand back in to reestablish the shoreline. Takes a minute, but it'll happen. The area has been one of my favorites (along with Siesta Key & Longboat Key in Sarasota) since the Mid 70s. To be able to live on Captiva from 81-83 was truly a blessing. Incredible area.

Thanks.

You know for some reason I haven’t seen any aerial pictures posted, even though people have access to drones and things like that, it’s probably pretty hard to get them over there, because even though the bridge has reopened temporarily, obviously the focus is on other things. But thanks for letting me know.

Also, just like you, that’s one of my favorite areas, even though I’ve never lived there, it’s a great place to go spend a few days and chill, because it’s generally quiet and so beautiful. I also caught a riptide one time swimming, or I should say trying to swim, from Captiva to North Captiva and got swept out about 100 yards out the ocean before I even knew it. Thank God I can swim and don’t panic.

Advertisement
Back