Hurricane Hotline-T-Rob

@Liberty City El I’m just the messenger lol.

Hope the ball skills on Greentree finally translate to the real games.

Like I said in a thread earlier talking about the spring game.... sometimes a fresh coaching perspective or different way of teaching a technique is all a player needs.

The coach/teacher and the way they teach can make a huge difference.

EDWARD.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think with Ivey he looks good in practice because there are a limited number of things going on at once.
In games, however, many things are occurring simultaneously and he is lost mentally which makes him play slower and more timid than he should for his size and speed. Basically, he's a probably a good practice player who lacks the processing speed to be a great game player. I hope I am wrong but nothing over the past 3 years tells me I'm wrong.

Understand I am not calling Ivey dumb. Smart does not equate to processing speed.
My daughter is studying to become an Engineer at Bucknell=smart. But whereas she was tough and could shoot and was a decent basketball player, she was better at softball wherein the action stopped between pitches and she could decide where she wanted to throw the ball depending on runners/outs. etc. She has slow processing speed.

Not entirely true. Wiggins gets open pretty well, he just can't catch the **** ball!
Maybe that is why he gets open, defenses daring him to catch, waiting to get burned, and it never comes.
Carry on.
Watch the games dude, Wiggy vs Press Coverage press is like watching a Mortal combat character waiting for the "Finish Him" move.

If Wiggy was sooo open don't you think King would find him??

Advertisement
In response to should he tell his DB's to give up a catch to avoid a targeting call:
"No, I'm definitely not telling them that!"
"Under NO circumstances, is Coach T-rob, here at the University of Miami, going to tell a guy to let a guy catch the ball in the middle of the field. We ain't gonna do that!"
LOL

Good stuff!

Advertisement
Been waiting on Huff to use that athleticism we all knew he had. I always find it weird when a person can't put on weight eating and lifting. His speed will be a welcomed addition at LB.

There's nothing I'd like more than to see one of our Greentree All Americans ala Ivey become stand out players on gameday against Bama.

There's nothing that ****es me off worse than when they don't and theres a young guy with potential riding pine.

Advertisement
There's nothing I'd like more than to see one of our Greentree All Americans ala Ivey become stand out players on gameday against Bama.

There's nothing that ****es me off worse than when they don't and theres a young guy with potential riding pine.

Absolute truth.

Got no problem with it, I'm just not gonna think Spring is the same as games in September-Dec.

We shall see how much of an improvement he's made when we face Bama, Mich St, UNC etc...
He is working on the kid's confidence, but I trust TRob's evals. He's developed some good ones.

Advertisement
Back