Hurricane Club Just Unfollowed Me. LOL

UM's marketing guys and beat reporters are on this weird crusade to distance themselves from the fanbase by engaging in petty fights and "block parties." I guess they think if they stick their fingers in their ears and cover their eyes long enough all the big meanies will go away. Sounds like a sound strategy.

It is really weird.
I am not much of a twitter/social-media person, but since all these rumors started popping up, I've been surfing those outlets associated with
UM to see what's going on, and it seems to me like the UM lackeys in the AD and the current and former beat(off) reporters like Reynolds,
Omar Kelly, Christy Chirinos,etc are one big clique, taking turns laughing at the fan-base.

Advertisement
UM under donna became an entity where style mattered more than substance. Managing the media message is vintage donna. Straight from the Clintonite handbook.

The fact that they monitor and have sent moles to our message boards is absolutely hilarious to me. Quite the mom and pop operations their running there in Coral Gables.
Funny thing is, if you run things properly then you wouldn't have to try and sell, your product would sell itself. That goes for anything in life. Your results should speak for themselves not some bull**** hashtags and convoluted sayings.

Does UM really want to have an adversarial relationship with donors and potential donors? Someone should remind them that it's a lot easier to NOT donate than it is to donate.

Last edited:
Does UM really want to have an adversarial relationship with donors and potential donors? Someone should remind them that it's a lot easier to NOT donate than it is to donate.

It sounds to me their relationship with the donors who give alot of money is fine.
It is the folks that they view as the unwashed, the folks who can't afford to donate thousands of dollars
that they seemed to have disdain for.
Kind of like a country club in a gated community.
It's a shame because this school should strive to be Miami's team, not just Coral Gables.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It sounds to me their relationship with the donors who give alot of money is fine.
It is the folks that they view as the unwash, the folks who can't afford to donate thousands of dollars
It's a shame because this school should strive to be Miami's team, not just Coral Gables.
Great post

It is the folks that they view as the unwash, the folks who can't afford to donate thousands of dollars
Great post

Thanks.

Well they view the fans who don't give 5-6 figures as peasants and below their intelligence level. The arrogance of those running the school is amazing. I have no delusions about what kind of school UM was and why I went. It's a wealthy, party school that smart kids go to to generally escape the cold and party, while getting a good education. Shalala and company like to pretend this is some elite, pinnacle University. It's not and never will be. And that's ok. UM is an amazing school in spite of the crooks and arrogant elitists who run it. Unfortunately they look down on the community and our past, and distance themselves as much from those two as possible. The heart of UM was always it's football team and the city of Miami. Now it's slowly becoming nothing than a buerocratic oligarch, where image is everything and actual results aren't what counts.

Just got a tweet from Jesse Marks saying it's strange that they unfollowed me. Doesn't think they did it on purpose. Says he will look into it for me. Not really sure what's going on over there anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back