Hugh Freeze signs an extension

Advertisement
Little by little I see a trend that's not making me feel comfortable. I like being uncomfortable, it makes me focus more and competitive.

IF we don't figure out and hire the right personnel to run this ship, the Miami we once knew might be just that.

We as fans might be FVCKED! SAD STATE brothers

Tbh with all these guys signing extensions I'm getting a little worried. Not because I think they're sitting on their hands or falling behind. They might HAVE TO get their #1 guy. There are already way more openings than coaches to fill them, and that pool seems like its shrinking by the day.

I honestly don't know what we're gonna do if we can't come to an agreement with Mario and Lane is already off the market by that point. Because I really don't want them to invest heavily in our backup plan's backup's backup.
It’s just making the situation that much more prolonged...

We basically have only two candidates on the table, both of whom could sign extensions & one could definitely take another major job elsewhere.

But, if we’re to believe how things have unfolded, it’s apparent there’s really only one candidate which is Mario & due to his connections with Columbus Mafia in the BOT & the likelihood of Zo being in the program in some capcity if not AD, all signs point to him coming to Miami.

The holdup is that his buyout decreases from $9million to about $6.5mill by January 15 2022, so that’s more than likely what they’re waiting on. We’d have to imagine that the Columbus crew have already contacted him behind the scenes & let him know they’re willing to pay him whatever to be here & considering Oregon definitely ain’t going to the playoffs they won’t have to worry about that.

It all depends on how bad Oregon wants to keep him & whether or not he wants to stay there, if they offer him a big extension Idk how he turns it down unless Miami has already told him they’ll match every offer that Oregon makes.

Advertisement
This doesn’t mean anything. Liberty and UTSA are just both securing their payouts when someone hires their coach.
Normally yes.

But in this situation, I don’t think Freeze is really gonna leave right away, maybe he does next year or two years from now, but he’s got the full support of Liberty & in the rest of college football he’s still looked at as a pariah, so in his case I could actually see him staying there for a few years.

Jeff Traylor at UTSA IMO will stick at UTSA until the right Big XII job opens up, if Aranda leaves Baylor I think he’d want that gig, or if Sark gets ****canned at UT after year 2 or 3 I wouldn’t be shocked if he was considered for that job. He coached ST’s for a year on Charlie Strong’s staff & is a legendary HS coach in East TX. He won 3 state titles & 12 district titles at Gilmer & is highly respected & well liked coach in the state.

Normally yes.

But in this situation, I don’t think Freeze is really gonna leave right away, maybe he does next year or two years from now, but he’s got the full support of Liberty & in the rest of college football he’s still looked at as a pariah, so in his case I could actually see him staying there for a few years.

Jeff Traylor at UTSA IMO will stick at UTSA until the right Big XII job opens up, if Aranda leaves Baylor I think he’d want that gig, or if Sark gets ****canned at UT after year 2 or 3 I wouldn’t be shocked if he was considered for that job. He coached ST’s for a year on Charlie Strong’s staff & is a legendary HS coach in East TX. He won 3 state titles & 12 district titles at Gilmer & is highly respected & well liked coach in the state.
Totally, I don’t necessarily mean they’re leaving in the next few weeks. More so that they will undoubtedly eventually leave these teams when the right program comes calling.

I will say Freeze has been pretty underwhelming this year though. Malik Willis was a potential high round draft pick and has looked pretty awful in some games.

Regardless, totally agreed and wouldn’t be shocked if these guys stayed patient and waited for the right job to open.

Advertisement
Normally yes.

0108B0CA-0A88-4A14-A0C4-7E751874EC3F.gif

Little by little I see a trend that's not making me feel comfortable. I like being uncomfortable, it makes me focus more and competitive.

IF we don't figure out and hire the right personnel to run this ship, the Miami we once knew might be just that.

We as fans might be FVCKED! SAD STATE brothers
It's happening.

Advertisement
VA Tech will go after:
- Shane Beamer (who I don’t think leaves after one year in South Carolina)

- Mike Houston; whose done a good job at ECU & very well at James Madison

- Jamey Chadwell; Done a terrific job at Coastal Carolina, is a Super Redneck to the 10th power lol & might fit in at Blacksburg VA which is close to the VA/Kentucky/Tennessee border where Jamey is from.

- Charles Huff; whose had a really good year 1 at Marshall & is from the DMV area, former Bama & Penn St RB’s coach who is a very good recruiter

- Sean Lewis; who’s a young guy that’s done a solid job turning Kent St around from being a really bad program to at the very least being competitive & is heralded as a very good offensive guru. He’s a Dino Babers disciple from Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green & was his OC at Cuse before he went to Kent.

- Bill O’Brien; He’s been a name mentioned by some of their writers but it’s unclear if he would even be interested. Most expect him to lobby for going back to the NFL, but who knows, maybe he prefers college.

- Dave Clawson; It’s also been said by some of the writers covering VA Tech that they’ll make a run at Clawson, but IMO while VA Tech definitely has more resources & better opportunity at recruits than Wake Forest, I don’t think that would be a smart move for Clawson. Maybe he’s intrigued by the pay raise he’d get & maybe he feels he’s taken Wake as far as they can go this season, but if I was his agent I’d advise him to use this job to get more money from WF or just not take the job at all. VA Tech is a ****** job tbh.

There’s also been mentions of making a run at high profile Coordinators like Tony Elliott, Mike Elko, Marcus Freeman & Brent Pry (who’s a Frank Beamer disciple). I would hope they would make a mistake like that, because I’ll tell you right now if VA Tech hires an experiment Coordinator/First time HC, they will be screwed for the next 4-5 years.
I'd hire Dan Mullen if I was VT. I think he would go there and win 8-10 games every season, Mike Elko would also be a good choice.

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing with you, but this isn't the thought process of an ambitious - "alpha" if you will - head coach. Good head coaches want to be the best, which is why so many leave "cushy" jobs to take higher and higher jobs that are high risk yet high reward.
Yes, but his baggage is still there. Another few years distance is only going to help him. He can be ambitious and still play the long game.

VA Tech will go after:
- Shane Beamer (who I don’t think leaves after one year in South Carolina)

- Mike Houston; whose done a good job at ECU & very well at James Madison

- Jamey Chadwell; Done a terrific job at Coastal Carolina, is a Super Redneck to the 10th power lol & might fit in at Blacksburg VA which is close to the VA/Kentucky/Tennessee border where Jamey is from.

- Charles Huff; whose had a really good year 1 at Marshall & is from the DMV area, former Bama & Penn St RB’s coach who is a very good recruiter

- Sean Lewis; who’s a young guy that’s done a solid job turning Kent St around from being a really bad program to at the very least being competitive & is heralded as a very good offensive guru. He’s a Dino Babers disciple from Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green & was his OC at Cuse before he went to Kent.

- Bill O’Brien; He’s been a name mentioned by some of their writers but it’s unclear if he would even be interested. Most expect him to lobby for going back to the NFL, but who knows, maybe he prefers college.

- Dave Clawson; It’s also been said by some of the writers covering VA Tech that they’ll make a run at Clawson, but IMO while VA Tech definitely has more resources & better opportunity at recruits than Wake Forest, I don’t think that would be a smart move for Clawson. Maybe he’s intrigued by the pay raise he’d get & maybe he feels he’s taken Wake as far as they can go this season, but if I was his agent I’d advise him to use this job to get more money from WF or just not take the job at all. VA Tech is a ****** job tbh.

There’s also been mentions of making a run at high profile Coordinators like Tony Elliott, Mike Elko, Marcus Freeman & Brent Pry (who’s a Frank Beamer disciple). I would hope they would make a mistake like that, because I’ll tell you right now if VA Tech hires an experiment Coordinator/First time HC, they will be screwed for the next 4-5 years.
Chadwell is a gloriously redneck dude.

Clawson aint going to VT.

Advertisement
Back