JUCO 2024 Huge OL Markel Bell offered

Advertisement
To me the RG and RT spot are set and locked you don’t move Cooper or Mauigoa.

What they do on the LT LG side you have to hope that Samson (not sure how serious the injury is for early next season or if he can work offseason) and Kinsler at LG. McCoy is the wildcard but if he can play LG maybe you put him there. Samson needs to get on the field and I’d imagine this kid would throw a wrench in that and cause a potential problem.

Cooper and Mauigoa are locked in as starters. From there it’s an open competition. Center is probably the spot that will be the most up in the air. Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone that normally would be at tackle move there.

We need Samson to win the starting LT job, otherwise he’s definitely leaving. Think Kinsler probably has the inside track at the LG job. But again I’m just wondering who will play center. Is Rodriguez the next man up? He is probably the guy that fits that body type and came in when we needed a guard earlier in the season… Matt McCoy? Any chance Kinsler works in there?

Cooper and Mauigoa are locked in as starters. From there it’s an open competition. Center is probably the spot that will be the most up in the air. Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone that normally would be at tackle move there.

We need Samson to win the starting LT job, otherwise he’s definitely leaving. Think Kinsler probably has the inside track at the LG job. But again I’m just wondering who will play center. Is Rodriguez the next man up? He is probably the guy that fits that body type and came in when we needed a guard earlier in the season… Matt McCoy? Any chance Kinsler works in there?
Did you forget about Cristobal?

Advertisement
Need.

Kid is a shoe in next year IMO, especially if he enrolls early. Yeah yeah I know, “but what about Pancake?!”. Pancake needs to be healthy and available and prove himself first. No, this kid has not proved himself either yet on the P5 level but the JUCO ball he is playing is no slapdick **** and he has the size to step in right now. I have a hard time believing this kid wouldn’t be one of our best 5. It might take some shuffling but adding this kid to the mix and allowing the other young developmental OT’s we sign more time to develop would be huge.

What they do on the LT LG side you have to hope that Samson (not sure how serious the injury is for early next season or if he can work offseason) and Kinsler at LG. McCoy is the wildcard but if he can play LG maybe you put him there. Samson needs to get on the field and I’d imagine this kid would throw a wrench in that and cause a potential problem.

I seen McCoy come in for Cohen at OG a few times earlier in the year and looked good there. We will definitely have some good options.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Give me Bell all day! Samson can play left guard. We need a center. Kinsler and McCoy can also be in the mix. McCoy is the backup LT this year but he can do so many things to help. We need a center to take over for Lee in the portal

Advertisement
Like coaches say, “It is my job to out recruit you. It is your job to make sure I can’t out recruit you”. Get this kid in the class under the pretenses that we are putting together the best OL room in the country. Through competition he will become the best version of himself. If you fancy yourself “that dude” come prove it and beat out other dudes that think the same thing. Competition fixes everything.

Advertisement
SIAP…He's "likely"?
probably poor wording on my part but he's spoken publicly of how much he likes mirabal and Mario since their oregon days, just seems like with that and our OL success, we gotta be the team to beat

Mauigoa is probably going to move to LT by next season. McCoy will be at the other tackle (maybe Samson will come on midseason to challenge for it), unless we hit the portal or the JUCO. I see Coop and Kinsler as our starting Guards next year. The big question is Center. Honestly, out of the 3, Matt Lee should consider coming back. Centers aren't drafted that highly and more than likely he will be a late round pick if he went this year. Hopefully we can entice him with a strong NIL package.
I’d bet Francis stays at RT.

Advertisement
Back