Hue Jackson

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Purgatory
So many on here were slobbering all over him during the coaching search.

He's 1-22 in Cleveland and staring at a pink slip.

Advertisement

Canedog

Glory to Ukraine
Premium
Hue Jackson at Miami would have made Golden look good in comparison.

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Cleveland area mental health systems raking in $ from how Jackson is handling his QB situation.

TimeBum

"What is this? A center for ants?"
Premium
I don't quite get the infatuation with bringing in a coach, no matter how good he is at X's and O's, who isn't plugged into S FL recruiting (Peterson, Jackson, and yes, even Gruden). That's fine at huge SEC schools, since the money is still green even when a new coach comes in. Our success hinges on keeping the talent in S FL. We established in 2001 that you can win with an incompetent coach as long as you have more talent than anyone else and good player development. I know Richt's play calling is infuriating, but I honestly think it won't matter in 2 years when we have more pure talent (not necessarily stars) than anyone else in the country.

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Black coaches never get chances and are always fired too early. Call me when he's 2-44

Advertisement

UMercury21

Recruit
it's cleveland... i think he's a good PRO coach, but yeah, cleveland... where football goes to die. there is a reason the hall of fame is right down the road from them.

58straight

Junior
he was really good offensive coordinator and play caller, i wasnt a person that wanted him here as a head coach but i'm not gonna kill him for not winning in cleveland

TheUBack

Taking a break
Hue Jackson is the reincarnation of Sly Croom. Stand-up guy. Does everything the "right" way. Just can't coach or develop talent for sht and loses a thousand games.

WilforkHOF

Band
Banned
I don't quite get the infatuation with bringing in a coach, no matter how good he is at X's and O's, who isn't plugged into S FL recruiting (Peterson, Jackson, and yes, even Gruden). That's fine at huge SEC schools, since the money is still green even when a new coach comes in. Our success hinges on keeping the talent in S FL. We established in 2001 that you can win with an incompetent coach as long as you have more talent than anyone else and good player development. I know Richt's play calling is infuriating, but I honestly think it won't matter in 2 years when we have more pure talent (not necessarily stars) than anyone else in the country.

JJ had no problem.

AllAboutTheU

Junior
Premium
Black coaches never get chances and are always fired too early. Call me when he's 2-44

He got a HC job at the worst ran franchise in the NFL. Everyone knows that you need a QB in the league, and he's had absolute garbage since he's been there.

TimeBum

"What is this? A center for ants?"
Premium

JJ had no problem.

SFL recruiting was a different game in 1984. Bama coaches weren't going into the Pork N Beans to sit in a kid's living room. Also, JJ was taking over a national champion. Not a lot of similarity between what JJ inherited and what a coach walking into the nuclear wasteland that was Miami football after Shannon and Golden was inheriting.

Last edited:
Advertisement

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
vm_kNo.gif