http://buildingtheu.com

I've been pressing Highsmith on it and have been labeled a mole and a non-fan by some UM staffer lackey....

The talking point is the reason why we aren't winning has nothing to do with the coach, but with the facilities.

Loved highsmith, but when your kids are involved your priorities change, and AG was nice to his son.....

Advertisement
Anyone with subs to other sites, please let them know this is a scam/fraud and the money is going directly to Blake James.

I've been pressing Highsmith on it and have been labeled a mole and a non-fan by some UM staffer lackey....

The talking point is the reason why we aren't winning has nothing to do with the coach, but with the facilities.

Loved highsmith, but when your kids are involved your priorities change, and AG was nice to his son.....

If that's true, why is there a need for a middle-man in between the individual donor and the University of Miami? Why wouldn't I want to give money straight to the AD, rather than Alonzo Highsmith? This organization seems to exist for no reason other than to paper over the Athletic Department's lack of credibility.

Advertisement
If []_[] care and can afford to give, please support Alonzo Highsmith

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Anyone who gives to this is a mouth-breathing fool. Wait until after we hire a real coach, THEN by all means give.

"All funds raised will be donated to University of Miami athletics, the money will be used to improve facilities as dictated* by athletic director."

And that's when I put the credit card away. Love Zo but he needs to approach this differently. Create an independent version of the Hurricane Club. We hear a ton of BS excuses around here about earmarked donations not being able to be diverted to athletics. Well Zo needs to raise the money and specifically dictate its use. Everyone knows these fools will never turn down a check.

This.

Advertisement
Zo and his lawyer refuse to acknowledge that Golden is a problem. Guy played his son, so he's loyal. Sad that the former great leader of this program has become Goldenized. Kids change people. Don't blame him. But he aint the same Zo.

do any of you talking **** about him actually know Alonzo?

I know that he's working against the fans and manipulating people into paying for women's sports, while refusing to acknowledge that Golden is a horrible coach, simply bc Golden played his very un-UM worthy son.

People still don't understand how budgeting works.

Any monies that Alonzo raises and gives to the football program are not going to all of a sudden be a huge cash influx for the football program.

Instead football's budget will remain the same including the "new" monies raised by Highsmith. Meanwhile the funds that were previously allocated to the football team WILL get spread out amongst what ever ill-advised, hair-brained scheme/'s the president decides is important.

And the powers that be can still say "Hey, every dollar that was raised and specifically earmarked for the football program did indeed go to the football program." It's such a hoax.

Banner funds are the only ones I'm donating to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People still don't understand how budgeting works.

Any monies that Alonzo raises and gives to the football program are not going to all of a sudden be a huge cash influx for the football program.

Instead football's budget will remain the same including the "new" monies raised by Highsmith. Meanwhile the funds that were previously allocated to the football team WILL get spread out amongst what ever ill-advised, hair-brained scheme/'s the president decides is important.

And the powers that be can still say "Hey, every dollar that was raised and specifically earmarked for the football program did indeed go to the football program." It's such a hoax.

Banner funds are the only ones I'm donating to.

This. And it applies to the Adidas cash "influx" that will actually result in a fiduciary status quo as well.

Yeah, the idea of giving UM unconditional money for athletics is just horribad, given their recent track record. I haven't seen much evidence that genuine poverty is the problem. If he's raising money so that they can achieve specific goals -- which necessarily include good coaches -- I could be convinced.
That is exactly what he plans on doing. He will not "give them money". He will build it his way. I wish he was our AD. fwiw

Except that all of the money being raised is being given and is to be used at the discretion of the AD.

Advertisement
Back